- Surf Music
Help us meet our monthly goal:
SRW142 The Surf Hermits - Hang Zen available on CD and download here - https://thesurfhermits.bandcamp.com/album/hang-zen
This is the way.
The Surf Hermits are part old west gunslinger, part wandering samurai, and part pipeline-shredding surfstravaganza. Featuring twangy guitar driven instrumentals, The Surf Hermits’ debut album, Hang Zen is distinctly original and yet somehow familiar to fans of surf, spaghetti westerns, and 60s garage sounds.
23 bands from 15 countries on one 69 minute CD playing classical world music as surf guitar instrumentals.
01. Atomicos Elektrozombies (México) - Over the waves
(Juventino Rosas - The waltz `Sobre las olas)
02. Sailor Ksou and the Seasick Surfers (Greece) — Penies Mpempi (Dimitris Stergiou - Penies Mpempi)
03. Eldanka (Finland) - Arctic birds (Einojuhani Rautavaara - Cantus Arcticus)
04. Frogman (Russia) - Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy (From ballet "The Nutcracker" by P.I. Tchaikovsky)
05. RedHawkCity (Australia) - The Warriors (G. P. A. Grainger - The Warriors: Music for an Imaginary Ballet)
06. Araras Negras (Brazil) - The Black Swan (Heitor Villa-Lobos - O Canto do Cisne Negro)
07. Boogie Company (Estonia) - Maidens´ Dance (From ballet "Tiina" by Lydia Auster)
08. Messer Chups (Russia) - Shostakovich Beat (D. D. Shostakovich - Symphony No. 7 “Leningrad” Invasion Episode)
09. I Fat Tones (Italy) - Surf Summer Storm (Antonio Vivaldi - Estate, Movimento III. Presto)
10. The Jancee Pornick Casino (Germany) - Suka Blad Sinfonia (Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No.5)
11. Captain Rico and the Ghost band (France) – Dreaminess (Claude Debussy - Rêverie)
12. Moscow Beatballs (Russia) - Three-Horse Driving (P.I. Tchaikovsky - In the Troika/November/The Seasons)
13. The Jagaloons (USA) - Appalachian Spring (Appalachian Spring - Aaron Copland)
14. Indy Tumbita & The Voodoo Bandits (Spain ) - Ritual Fire Dance (Manuel de Falla - Danza ritual del Fuego)
15. Moussaka (Serbia) - The Legend of the Beautiful Billiana (Biljana Platno Beleše - Traditional song and dance)
16. HulaHoop (Russia) – Troika (Georgi Sviridov – Troika/Winter Road/The Snowstorm)
17. Fit Fat ( Hungary) - Dreams of Love (Liszt Ferencz - Liebesträume No. 3)
18. The Supersónicos (Uruguay) - Triste N°1 (Eduardo Fabini - Triste N°1)
19. The Guantanamos (Italy) - El Surfer Barbero (G. A. Rossini - L'Ouverture de "Il Barbiere di Siviglia")
20. Girl Over Planet (Russia) - Prince Igor From opera "Kniaź Igor" by A. P. Borodin
21. The Razorblades (Germany) - Molto Allegro Twist (W.A. Mozart - Symphony No 40 in G-Minor Molto Allegro)
22. Cannibal Mosquitos (France) - Te Deum For Moskito
(Marc-Antoine le Charpentier - Te Deum For Soloists)
23. The Red Elvises (USA) - Hungarian Dance № 5 (Johannes Brahms - Ungarischer Tänze No. 5)
Sharawaji Records is proud to announce that The Young Barons - Hella California (SRW078 CD) is now shipping.
The Young Barons are teenage surf sensations from the Bay Area of California hell bent on keeping rock n roll alive. They've been playing wild shows across the state with top acts, and are being featured in an upcoming documentary about an influential first wave band.
The Young Barons are -
Justice James - drums
Anthony Denny - guitar
Raul Martinez - bass
These guys are the real deal, there is a hot-rodded intensity to the performances recorded at GET REEL STUDIOS, and the master by Gary Hobish brings out lush, psychedelic undertones. It's nine tracks of rock n roll riot celebrating surf music and California culture that you'll want to spin again and again.
The vinyl edition SRW077 12 inch LP will be out in a few weeks. Everything about the vinyl album was recorded, mixed, mastered, printed, pressed and manufactured in California to make this 100% legit.
For DJ radio promo copies and promo code for SG101 members just send me a PM.
Get it on Bandcamp here - Link
The debut full-length album from Tampa's Black Valley Moon on Sharawaji Records now available for pre-order. With a release date of 8/31/19, Halloween comes a couple of months early with this collection of instrumental guitar rock songs inspired by surf, and other sounds of the 60's. Includes members of seminal 90's punk band Down By Law. Available on CD and on Bandcamp.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chewbacca's album, "The Return From Echo Lake" will be available on LP, CD and digital download from 14th September 2019. The album was recorded in Valencia, Spain, and was produced by Brian Scott Teasley (Birdstuff), a founding member of Man or Astro-man?
The album is available for pre-order now, including an exclusive bonus download track during the pre-order period - a cover of Por Un Tubo by Lost Acapulco.
The wait is over!
The Jagaloons new record, Ruin The Party, on Sharawaji Records is now available on sweet pool party blue 12" vinyl!
You can grab your copy at http://thejagaloons.bandcamp.com
Ruin The Party, the debut album by Albany NY's The Jagaloons, is available now from Sharawaji Records on CD & digital (LP available soon!)
You can give it a listen and pick up a copy at http://thejagaloons.bandcamp.com
Sharawaji Records presents nearly 60 minutes of reverberations from the UK and Ireland’s thriving underground surf scene.
20 hot acts ripping up 20 killer surf tunes.
We got trad surf, baaad surf, lizard surf, equine surf, horror surf, death surf, punk surf, secret surf, atomic surf and of course SURF ROCK!
From all corners of the UK, from fresh, breaking bands to established surfers and cult favourites, there is something for everyone who likes a bit of drip and a lot of twaaannggg!!!!!!!!!!
Slap this baby into your car player, and head off to the beach and discover why......
Britannia rules the waves!!!!
SRW086 Underwater Bosses “Aqua La Vista” available now on CD and download. Listen and purchase here:
Underwater Bosses draw influence and inspiration from the likes of Descendents, Dead Kennedys, Misfits, Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet, The Mermen, and Man or Astro-Man?
New York's The Jagaloons have signed to the UK's Sharawaji Records and their debut album "Ruin The Party" will be available soon on LP, CD and digital formats.
Follow The Jagaloons on Facebook and on Instagram (@thejagaloonsny) for updates on release dates, where you can listen to the new album and other news.
Also, be sure to check out the great roster of bands on Sharawaji Records