Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink The Official 2006 Member Mp3 Compilation Thread

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

The artwork looks great, gotta download the rest of the tracks and have a listen.....one thing though: as all the tracks were recorded individually, is there gonna be a problems with volume levels from one track to another...not that i'm worried, i usually normalise mix cd's when i burn them.
Stoked to be included though that's for sure!!

adam

Butch -

When I entered the description for my cover of "Journey To The Stars" I mentioned that I used John Walker's bass and drum midi tracks. Since our descriptions won't appear on the insert, I think it would only be fair to show his name next to mine, something like: 11. Jeff Leites & John Walker "Journey to the Stars".

My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins

butch:

great looking design!

just one thought: perhaps "SURFGUITAR101.COM" can all fit on one line...or maybe lose the ".COM" part...

-dp

ps: so who wants to tackle the liner notes? Brian?

Jeff, I am going to try to provide liner notes to archive.org using the descriptions everyone provided with their entries.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

JeffLeites
Butch -

When I entered the description for my cover of "Journey To The Stars" I mentioned that I used John Walker's bass and drum midi tracks. Since our descriptions won't appear on the insert, I think it would only be fair to show his name next to mine, something like: 11. Jeff Leites & John Walker "Journey to the Stars".

dp
just one thought: perhaps "SURFGUITAR101.COM" can all fit on one line...or maybe lose the ".COM" part...

Cool, no problem, I'll fix it later this afternoon once I get home (I don't have Photoshop here on my comp @ work).

The Disasternauts

I think I actually like the .com on the next line, design-wise.

it would be cool to have some liner notes, next to the frontpage so that one can print it, fold it and stick it in a jewel case. (although I made last years comp into a vinyl record-style carton sleeve.)

I remember Phil Dirt wrote a nice general introduction on his last year's comp review. it was kinda short be it might serve as part of the liner notes?

I hope he'll be reviewing this year's. Id be very curious to know what he thinks of my fave's.

WR

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Hello,

I really like the last Comp, but the MP3 tags were all messed up! Especially the track numbers! If you downloaded it into iTunes there were several that had the wrong Album and track numbers, they were really from other CD that they published. So i spent quite a bit of time fixing mine. Could some one make sure they are all set? Since I can't play but love the instro surf stuff I will volunteer to get them all fixed if you need someone to do it.
Thanks
Guy

Hey Guy - nice to see you again.

Yes, last time the track numbers were just left as they were sent to me. It did not occur to me to edit them to match what eventually became a "track order"...it was an mp3 compilation after all, not a real CD release. But your idea really makes sense and I'll do it this time.

Cheers.

Here's another version...
(click for larger size pic)

[image](http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2500/sg101ver2az6.th.jpg) [image](http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/9991/sg101backqt6.th.jpg)

The Disasternauts

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006 17:55:44

Butch could you rename the artist for track 9 to be "No Coast Surfers" instead of Marcus Hall? Thanks!

No problem...done!

[image](http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/359/sg101backpr1.th.jpg)

The Disasternauts

Butch you rock.

So I'm editing all the track information in the mp3's right now, and listening to the whole collection all together really for the first time. WOW. Good job guys! This is great stuff!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

More nitpicking-- I'd rather be known by my sg101 handle "PolloGuitar".
Danny, do you want your track listed as the TomorrowMen when it is really just you?
Thanks,
--Ferenc

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Yeah let's get this sorted out, I've already started uploading stuff to archive.org. I can change it later, but would rather get it settled soon.

Minor cosmetic error... there is a "." at the end my entry (currently # 2), and non of the others. Otherwise, looks great!

My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins

PolloGuitar
More nitpicking-- I'd rather be known by my sg101 handle "PolloGuitar".
Danny, do you want your track listed as the TomorrowMen when it is really just you?
Thanks,
--Ferenc

Hard to say. On the one hand, it is a TomorrowMen song and if people like it I want them to remember the name of my band. On the other hand, I'm the only player on there and it's like saying I'm the band, the others don't matter.

I say keep the name as it is. I'll explain it to the guys and I think they'll appreciate the exposure.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

I have to say again...WOW...nice job fellas...this one really hangs together nicely.

Fixed

[image](http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4006/sg101backcq2.th.jpg)

The Disasternauts

Wow! the cover update looks cool! I really like what you did with the ".COM" piece of the puzzle!

man, this comp is smokin' !

great work everyone!

-dp

Has anyone tried to print out Butch's artwork and print them? Do they fit a CD case? I remember we had this problem last year. I'm just asking because the track listing graphic is much bigger than the cover graphic.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next