SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

TheAmpFibian: People are always shocked to find out how bad of an electrician I am.
140 days ago

dragonfly: Pic of the day HBSM Jam 2012 was during my tenure. OMG do I miss those days but nowadays I couldn't handle it. No
123 days ago

dragonfly: Pic of the day OMG how I loved The Torquays and miss them very much. Yes
107 days ago

simoncoil: FWIW my guess for the ending of GoT was a surprising "Invasion fo the Dragonmen" (Hey-ho, hey-ho ...)
90 days ago

Surf_Skater: Congratulations JonPaul and Marie!
56 days ago

tubeswell: Anyone in Cali affected by the quakes?
43 days ago

Scrane255: Marty smith was my Uncle! Would like to see pictures of the nobles band
36 days ago

josheboy: Convention in 1 week!!
22 days ago

bigtikidude: 4 days and counting. Who's coming?
19 days ago

dragonfly: Has anyone heard the new Ford commercial with Dick Dale's Misirlou in the background? I have and it's awesome but too bad they waited till DD passed away. Long live the King!.
7 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

43%

43%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Surfy Bear Fet Reverb

Goto Page: Previous 1 2118 119 120 121 122

Elrondo wrote:

I think i have an easy and proper solution for a housing wich easily shakes the springs.
Make the bottom of the housing not flat.
Make it with an angle in the horizontal mid.
So you can easily rock it over the angle.

Sorry i can't explain it better in english.
If you like i can make a little drawing.

No worries, you might be on to something!
I think i understand,
but not sure if you mean the mid in the "x axis" or "y axis" I'll definitely take a drawing Smile

Alrighty fellows, looking for some feedback on my proposed build. I'm looking to make a big all in one pedal, so was looking at large housings and found the Hammond 1441-20 (http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1441-20.pdf) which is I think meant as an amp chassis but should be perfect to fit this reverb tank:
https://www.tonefactory.nl/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x650/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/v/rv-9ab3e.jpg

The case is 17" long, 4" wide and 3" high. I think I'll put the circuit board upright on the side so I can use the full width of the case to hang the tank. I'll drill long screws on the end which should be long enough to hang the springs for the tank on.

This is a three spring tank, how much difference does that make? I haven't been able to find the 2 spring version of this naked tank type yet.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 03:14:35

Is it only my surfybear that tends to sound too harsh and ice-picky? I've built it with the kit into a metal tool box; I've tried it with an ultralinear super reverb and deluxe reverb reissue. Both sounded too trebly when I tried to make it drip more, specially at higher volumes. Is it supposed to do that or is something wrong?

In the beginning was reverb

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 06:58:57

@Doc Helliday
sorry i only have my mobile phone right now.
So the drawing is very rough.
Here we go. You can create your housing so the botton has an angle or just lay a strap of wood under it. This will work X or Y axis.
Back to forth or left to right.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 05:46:24

Reatavlos_88 wrote:

Is it only my surfybear that tends to sound too harsh and ice-picky?

Have you tried adjusting the gain trim pot? My Surfy Bear build sounded too clean/sterile compared to my tube reverb unit at first, but tweaking the trim pot did the trick.

Of course it's alive, you cannot make music with dead Muppahones! -- Marvin Suggs

Roy69 wrote:

Reatavlos_88 wrote:

Have you tried adjusting the gain trim pot? My Surfy Bear build sounded too clean/sterile compared to my tube reverb unit at first, but tweaking the trim pot did the trick.

I have and it got better. I put som tape on the grill cloth to kill the highs a little and it's definitely better. I also used a different guitar with lipstick pickups and it's better.

In the beginning was reverb

Reatavlos_88 wrote:

Roy69 wrote:

Reatavlos_88 wrote:

I have and it got better. I put som tape on the grill cloth to kill the highs a little and it's definitely better. I also used a different guitar with lipstick pickups and it's better.

Yes many things affects the tone. Also the Accutronic pan is brighter than MOD and TAD.

surfybear.weebly.com

Goto Page: Previous 1 2118 119 120 121 122