Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Introductions! New Members Post Here

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 241 42 43 44 4555 56 Next

Boss_Daddy_Meltdown wrote:

Hey Everyone,
Just joined! Harold here. Originally from the Jersey Shore now loving in Gainesville GA. We have a 3-piece surf band called The SurfAces doing mostly original "Progressive Surf" instrumentals. (I am admittedly a long time PROG fan: YES, Genesis, King Crimson) and I can't help but inject some quirky "Progginess" into our compositions.
For you GTR geeks: I play: a '75 Strat, LPB with the Eric Johnson configuration & a '60's RI Strat in Shoreline Gold

Welcome aboard, Boss Daddy! You're in my neck of the woods(ish)!! I was actually up in Gainseville last weekend. We have a thriving little scene 'round these parts and I'd love to hear what you've got cookin! There are also a TON of great surf bands in Athens which isn't far. Glad to have another to throw into the fray!

I echo Jamie's welcome. Please post when you are playing out and we'll try to come up and support you. We actually (The Surge!) are even closer, being based here in Lilburn.

Best Reverbs, and welcome South!

Eddie K

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

Boss Daddy,
Welcome to SG101.
It's a great community here and we have a thriving, exciting Surf/Instro scene down here so your in the right place.

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

eddiekatcher wrote:

I echo Jamie's welcome. Please post when you are playing out and we'll try to come up and support you. We actually (The Surge!) are even closer, being based here in Lilburn.

Best Reverbs, and welcome South!

Eddie K

HECK...I just moved up here from Norcross...used to own 2 rental properties in Lilburn

Can I have everything louder than everything else!

https://thesurfaces1.bandcamp.com/releases

Welcome to sg101, Boss-Daddy! Very glad you're here.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Daniel Izen here, and so happy about it! Raised in Kailua Hawaii, I’ve been playing surf since I was 20 in 1992. I’m not Hawaiian, but I am still a Jew from Hawaii! Lived there between the ages of 2 - 21.

Moved to Burlington Vermont in ‘95, the to Woburn Mass in ‘97, then to Brooklyn / Jersey in 2005, then here to New Orleans in 2007. I’m single ain’t got no kids but I’ve got three awesome cats.

I’ve been a production sound mixer for the past 15 years. Last three have been on a network show that shoots for 10 months per season! It’s a great gig but the hours are just awful, and have prevented me from having a surf band, until now.

In Hawaii in the early 90s I played in a surf / vocal band called The Repairmen! which was a 3-piece. From
2003 - 2005 in the Boston area, I was in They’re Gonna Get You. Now I’m doing a surf band here in NO called Blood Reef. It’s still in the early stages, and not helped by only being able to practice on weekends.

The show I’m on wraps this season TODAY so now I’m off for 11 weeks! My goal is to have Blood Reef out and playing as soon as possible. That’s one good thing about NO, it’s very easy to find gigs. Bad thing about NO is there is no surf or garage scene. I’ve found a handful of cool bands here including The Quaalords and The Planchettes, but it’s slim pickings... But hey a real vinyl record pressing plant opened here recently so my dream is to put out some locally-made wax! Then I can die.

Daniel Deathtide

Welcome to sg101, Daniel! Very glad you're here.

Hey all, newbie here. I had an account back in 2008 or 2009 that seems to have gone inactive so I just re-registered today. The name is Jimmy and as you can see by my screen name, I'm a lefty player. No band, I just entertain myself at the imaginary beach located in my basement. Happy to be aboard, it's a great site that I've been lurking for too long.

Hi Lefty, welcome back, damn glad to meet you.....again. Hope you stick with us longer this time

Happy Sunsets!

Last edited: May 05, 2018 22:32:08

Lefty's are all right! Welcome back!

mj
bent playing for benter results
Do not attempt to adjust your TV set.
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-VI-Explorers-Club-179437279151035/
https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Planet-Shamen-366987463657230/

Cool

Welcome again to sg101, Jimmy! Very glad you're back.

Hey All!

I'm new. Thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. I'm Rob. I grew up listening to my Dads blues collection and my Moms Sabbath records. Used to play in some hardcore and punk bands. Recently remembered how much liked Man or Astroman back when I first heard theme from EEVIAC on a punk-o-rama comp and went back over their awesome back catalog. I fix amplifiers and pedals for a living and work with a bunch of guys into all kinds of stuff. Western Swing, Country, Blues, Rockabilly...

I've been playing guitar for a long time but I'm not that good. Hit a wall really when I started playing thrashy stuff and never tried learning much else. Now I'm older I'm back at it! Been listening to some Brian Setzer and Reverend Horton Heat, Lecherous Gaze, but also MOAM, Shawdowy Men, and The Vulcanos... on the look out for more!

So here I am...!

Welcome to sg101, AntiMatterMan! Very glad you're here.

Welcome. I'm a Setzer and the Reverend fan also.:)

Hi, I'm Tim and I am a currently landlocked former FL longboard surfer who plays guitar and bass. I usually play bass with bands (I just got a 67 Showman head for that), but I have a surf guitar setup and do that from time to time as well. I also build or rebuild my own tube amps and pedals. I have a reissue reverb unit that I gutted and rebuilt with a Triode kit; it's bulletproof now.

Right now I am outfitting my Strat with Sperzels in an attempt to get the trem tuning under control. I'm hoping to either record or play out a few things over the next year.

Cheers!

Welcome to sg101, Tim. Very glad you're here.

Thanks!

Maybe I should mention my favorite surf(ish) bands? Los Straitjackets, The Mermen, MOAM, FODM, The Mattson 2, The Tarantulas, Dick Dale, The Shadows, Steelism, Khruangbin. Brad Paisley can also do a mean surf tune. Smile

Hello all!

Just joined a couple weeks ago. Late comer. Grew up listening to 60s surf and started playing guitar because of Dick Dale. My dad introduced me to his stuff and all the old schoolers; Ventures (RIP Nokie), Astronauts, Surfaris, Trashmen, Santo and Johnny, etc. Of course, I'm heavy on the hillbilly rock n roll; Eddie Cochran, Carl Perkins, Buddy Holly, Scotty Moore, etc.

I've played surf music since I was 14...so 23 years now. I move around quite a bit now but fortunately still get back to the southwest US to play in a couple of groups - on-off projects. Wicked Skeleton, metal but we do instrumental surf on our b-sides. Lagoon Cruisers - straight-up instrumental surf. No frills.

Currently rippin' a drip-edge Dual Showman into 2-15s and a Bassman 100 into another 2-15s. Generally use a Jazzy or Jaguar.

Thanks for having me. Smile

Everybody relax, I'm here.

Hey Jack!
Glad you joined us! We'll see you 'round the campus (or in this case, the SG101 site)

Surfcat

2023 SG101 Compilation - Tribute to Noel
The Journey Home - Agent Octopus (Our SG101 Comp download)

From Atlantis with Love - Released - July 2023
Agent Octopus-Spotify
Christmas on the Beach - NEW SINGLE Dec 2023!!
Reverb Galaxy - Angle of Attack CD - BANDCAMP

Surf, the most dangerous of all musical genres...

Welcome to sg101, Jack! Glad you're here.

Goto Page: Previous 1 241 42 43 44 4555 56 Next