Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Introductions! New Members Post Here

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 242 43 44 45 4655 56 Next

Hi Jack, Another member of the SG101 family is always welcome. Make yourself at home.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Hi, everyone!

I'm a new cat in town. I'm a lawyer and touring guitar player from sunny and beachy Brazil, and most of all a Fender lover and enthusiast.

I play in a gigging band and love rock and roll more than anything else life has presented me (I love women, bourbon, cigars and gambling almost as much).

I really love surf music but never really played it live, so I'll be happy to learn as much as I can from all of you. Great vibe here!

Peace and love!

Welcome to sg101, Sergio. Very glad you're here!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Hi Sergio.
Welcome to Surf Guitar 101.
If you came here to learn more about Surf music then you're in the right place.
There are plenty of knowledgeable people here and also a lot of fantastic players.

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

Hello, folks!

My name is Dimitri De Alencar, and I’m a musician and composer from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I write in many genres, pretty eclectic, but I do love to write and play surf rock, growing in a city famous by its beaches and having been part of a couple of bands in the genre in the past.

Please to meet you all!

Welcome to sg101, Dimitri! Very glad you're here.

Greetings,

Been a fan of surf music for as long as I can remember, and have played guitar and bass since high school. During grad school days in Santa Barbara I lived not too far from the 101, but now reside in NC. Been lurking on the site for a while, mainly the discussions of guitars and other gear. I've got a '67 Fender Jaguar and quite a number of guitars/guitar projects in various states of repair.

Cheers!

Hello there,
I go by the name of Stig and this is the first forum anywhere that I have joined.
I am based in the middle of the Snowdonia National Park in North Wales UK. I like playing my guitar, falling off my surfboard with my kids, climbing and Mountaineering and wandering in the hills with my 2 dogs.
I like all kinds of music from classical right through to today. I was brought up on a diet of swing and chapel, so my taste is eclectic. I have been strumming away at my Guitar for a quite few years but I have been looking for a musical challenge - my hearing is going and I would like some good music to take with me when they finally shut down!
I have always enjoyed “twangy” Guitar sounds - I like rockabilly a lot, but lately I have been listening to more and more surf/exotic/experimental bands, most of which you folks listen to also going by the threads I have picked up on.
I am looking forward to just hanging with you guys and picking up some tips here and there, if I may?

Greetings from the Land of the Long Wet Cloud

Stig,
Welcome to SG101, damn glad to meet you!

Happy Sunsets!

@tahitijack

Why! Thank you

Greetings from the Land of the Long Wet Cloud

Welcome to sg101, Stig! Very glad you're here.

Edward, welcome to SG 101, damn glad to meet you!

Happy Sunsets!

Welcome to sg101, Edward! Very glad you're here.

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to playing surf guitar, but not new to playing guitar. I've enjoyed the music for a long time, and finally gave in to the irresistible urge to play it myself. I'm a fan of all eras of the music, from the earliest stuff to today's releases.
I hope to learn a lot from this site, and hope I can occasionally contribute something worthwhile.
I'm just a hobbyist at this point, but love to play when I can. My guitar was made by Steve Benford, and I use a Yamaha THR5 so as not to get evicted from my apartment Wink
Looking forward to spending more time here!

Deal with reality, or reality will deal with you.

Last edited: Jul 01, 2018 18:34:57

Michael, welcome to SG 101, damn glad to meet you. Nice guitar you have there!

Happy Sunsets!

tahitijack wrote:

Michael, welcome to SG 101, damn glad to meet you. Nice guitar you have there!

Thanks Jack!
I'm happy with the guitar, although I'm on the hunt for another Cool

Deal with reality, or reality will deal with you.

99% of us are hobbyists in different degrees. Welcome to the site, feel free to ask about anything surf music related. Cheers

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Last edited: Jul 01, 2018 21:07:01

Welcome to sg101, MichaelK7! Very glad you're here.

Hello good people!

I decided to actually join this site recently even though I've been coming to it on and off over the past 5 years or so. I admire the overall respectful vibes in the comments, even where there are disagreements. A rarity, as we all know.

Anyhow, I've felt the strong pull towards reverb-heavy electric guitar music ever since hearing the random Chantays, Trashmen, and even Ventures (not that much reverb there, eh?) song on oldies radio back in the early 80s. I tend to enjoy the teenaged, poorly-recorded, small label 45s from the 60s, expertly compiled on LPs like "Diggin' Out," "Surfin' in the Midwest," et al, though I'm open to loads of other jams as well.

I have very little experience in the online bulletin board world, but this one seemed to be a good one to dip my toes in. And yes, I just realize how, uh... "punny" that last sentence was. Sorry about that! Laughing

Welcome to sg101, Goldenbirdies! Very glad you're here.

Goto Page: Previous 1 242 43 44 45 4655 56 Next