Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
326 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
152 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
8 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
8 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Introductions! New Members Post Here

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 239 40 41 42 4355 56 Next

Awesome! You're actually how I found this forum, Jeff. I can't WAIT to see them! I was actually already scheming a way to get myself to the Netherlands so I could see them play live. This will be a lot less expensive hahahaha

Here's my spotify playlist with all the Beach Gothy tunes I've found. I add to it a lot.

https://open.spotify.com/user/reznathoth/playlist/1WJp3oZjASbnjso0s45sSd?si=L_1bGxnPR2C8naKzDViqww

Last edited: Feb 09, 2018 11:53:33

JakeG wrote:

no Not the west coast. thats all i'm gonna say Paranoid

Ok, not a problem at all.
Because of the conventions we have here once a year, and the surfing Sunday shows at Huntington Beach pier bandstand quite a few of us have met and become acquaintances if not outright friends. This forum has brought surf bands and enthusiasts from all over the world together.
So,,,
I was just going to say that if you attend a show walk up and say hi.

Welcome Jake G and Colleen! This place is awesome! Glad to have you aboard!

Ed

Listen to my band The Surfusions on our Bandcamp Page Link
Like The Surfusions on Facebook ... Link
Follow The Surfusions on Twitter ... Link

Welcome new members! Glad you are here!
Now that you are aware of this whole community, it's time to plan your trips for next summer:

• Surfer Joe Summer festival in June
  • SurfGuitar101 Convention in August
  • Asbury Park Surf Music festival in August
    (at least)

Writing on forums and Facebook is great, listening music is fantastic, but remember always that SURF MUSIC is live action. I hope your participation to this forum will bring you the live events this community is organising everywhere!

Ciao!

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

Welcome to the new members. I believe you will find the forum enlightening and entertaining at the same time. Smile

Always interesting when folks are afraid to say where they live. #fbi witness protection program? Evenually they ask how to find other players, where to buy something, how much something costs or other question that is somewhat location related. Be proud of your home town.

Happy Sunsets!

reznathoth wrote:

Here's my spotify playlist with all the Beach Gothy tunes I've found. I add to it a lot.

https://open.spotify.com/user/reznathoth/playlist/1WJp3oZjASbnjso0s45sSd?si=L_1bGxnPR2C8naKzDViqww

Cool tunes list, Reznathoth! I also like your username, redolent of Yog-Sothothery. But I don’t see any Shoggoth Otis on your list... oh I forgot they don’t exist in this timeline.

If I ever decide to spend money as a subscriber to S’ify, I’d name my list Louche SoCal Orientalism - Harem Bells, Exotic, Ali Baba, Casbah...

Squink Out!

tahitijack wrote:

Always interesting when folks are afraid to say where they live. #fbi witness protection program? Evenually they ask how to find other players, where to buy something, how much something costs or other question that is somewhat location related. Be proud of your home town.

I tend to agree! Laughing To each their own, of course!

Hi there folks!

Surf lover from Norway checking in. Been playing guitar for 15 years now, but discovered surf only a couple of years ago. Been hooked since! Smile

Looking forward to discussions about music, guitar, techniques and everything else surf related!

Master of sound in:
https://beachbombband.bandcamp.com

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018 16:20:17

Welcome to SG101, damn glad to meet you! Hope you are enjoying the winter Olympics. Y'all are pretty good. Congratulations!

Happy Sunsets!

reznathoth wrote:

Nice list. Just needs some Ghastly Ones and Gein & the Graverobbers.

Very choice, martianspy. Two of my all-time faves. Btw, are you a fan of Jhonen Vasquez or just Invader Zim in particular?

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

tahitijack wrote:

Welcome to SG101, damn glad to meet you! Hope you are enjoying the winter Olympics. Y'all are pretty good. Congratulations!

Thanks! Big Grin

Master of sound in:
https://beachbombband.bandcamp.com

Welcome to sg101, elmorto! Very glad you're here. Your songs sound great!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018 09:45:38

What's good! My name is Mathijs. I'm from the Netherlands. Reason I'm here is actually because of two reasons. 1, obviously I LOVE surfmusic! Reason 2 is that I'm a musician/producer. I want to work on some surfguitar/samplebased beats, some experimental stuff! Big Grin I normally make beats for MC's out here and help them with their recordings. Looking for some good guitarists here who might are interested in this strange quest! Smile And oyeah, I surf when there are waves in Scheveningen (Netherlands)! Not so many tho' Laughing

Welcome to SG101 surfndturf! Damn glad to meet you. Hope you find someone willing to help you. There are some very talented players here, I'm not one of them. Aloha!

Happy Sunsets!

Welcome to sg101 Surfndturf! Very glad you're here.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Hello all, I've lurked the forums for years but just now decided to join up - coinciding with the formation of my own surf group! Thought I would mention, I used to have a surfing bird lp and got rid of it for not that much years ago lord how those have skyrocketed in price on evilbay!!! What's up with that?! Glad to be amongst other surf instro kooks Big Grin holds up a tiki glass mix drink cheers!

Guitarist of The Sea Gees! A group I'm working on putting together, more to come.

Sea Gees, welcome to SG 101, damn glad to meet you! When you get comfortable, give us a run down on to you and your band, Aloha!

Happy Sunsets!

Goto Page: Previous 1 239 40 41 42 4355 56 Next