- Surf Music
Help us meet our monthly goal:
23 bands from 15 countries on one 69 minute CD playing classical world music as surf guitar instrumentals.
01. Atomicos Elektrozombies (México) - Over the waves
(Juventino Rosas - The waltz `Sobre las olas)
02. Sailor Ksou and the Seasick Surfers (Greece) — Penies Mpempi (Dimitris Stergiou - Penies Mpempi)
03. Eldanka (Finland) - Arctic birds (Einojuhani Rautavaara - Cantus Arcticus)
04. Frogman (Russia) - Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy (From ballet "The Nutcracker" by P.I. Tchaikovsky)
05. RedHawkCity (Australia) - The Warriors (G. P. A. Grainger - The Warriors: Music for an Imaginary Ballet)
06. Araras Negras (Brazil) - The Black Swan (Heitor Villa-Lobos - O Canto do Cisne Negro)
07. Boogie Company (Estonia) - Maidens´ Dance (From ballet "Tiina" by Lydia Auster)
08. Messer Chups (Russia) - Shostakovich Beat (D. D. Shostakovich - Symphony No. 7 “Leningrad” Invasion Episode)
09. I Fat Tones (Italy) - Surf Summer Storm (Antonio Vivaldi - Estate, Movimento III. Presto)
10. The Jancee Pornick Casino (Germany) - Suka Blad Sinfonia (Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No.5)
11. Captain Rico and the Ghost band (France) – Dreaminess (Claude Debussy - Rêverie)
12. Moscow Beatballs (Russia) - Three-Horse Driving (P.I. Tchaikovsky - In the Troika/November/The Seasons)
13. The Jagaloons (USA) - Appalachian Spring (Appalachian Spring - Aaron Copland)
14. Indy Tumbita & The Voodoo Bandits (Spain ) - Ritual Fire Dance (Manuel de Falla - Danza ritual del Fuego)
15. Moussaka (Serbia) - The Legend of the Beautiful Billiana (Biljana Platno Beleše - Traditional song and dance)
16. HulaHoop (Russia) – Troika (Georgi Sviridov – Troika/Winter Road/The Snowstorm)
17. Fit Fat ( Hungary) - Dreams of Love (Liszt Ferencz - Liebesträume No. 3)
18. The Supersónicos (Uruguay) - Triste N°1 (Eduardo Fabini - Triste N°1)
19. The Guantanamos (Italy) - El Surfer Barbero (G. A. Rossini - L'Ouverture de "Il Barbiere di Siviglia")
20. Girl Over Planet (Russia) - Prince Igor From opera "Kniaź Igor" by A. P. Borodin
21. The Razorblades (Germany) - Molto Allegro Twist (W.A. Mozart - Symphony No 40 in G-Minor Molto Allegro)
22. Cannibal Mosquitos (France) - Te Deum For Moskito
(Marc-Antoine le Charpentier - Te Deum For Soloists)
23. The Red Elvises (USA) - Hungarian Dance № 5 (Johannes Brahms - Ungarischer Tänze No. 5)
Aloha to all!!! New album by The Silicon "Woody goes to Nice" is out!
From today it's on our Bandcamp in a quality WAV.
To check it out - follow the link
Beware of the new wave of French surf rock pandemic spread by The Frogenstein !
Eleven tracks of speed n' roll instro surf, with sweating guitar riffs, smashing reverb and blasting beats
recorded strictly analogue in live conditions, on reel to reel tape.
An audio contamination to listen without social distancing !
NEW ALBUM AVAILABLE!!!
OS BRUTUS, the instrumental surf institution from São Paulo/Brazil just release their new album called "Primitivo & Civilizado". The new record bring 10 new songs full of reverb, and punk rock references.
AVAILABLE at the bandcamp. LISTEN NOW!!!
The Tourmaliners - Surfin' Christmas Carols on AlteredStateofReverb.com
Purchase at: https://alteredstateofreverb.com/the-tourmaliners
X-Mas Kitty: The Tourmaliners - O Little Town of Bethlehem on Bandcamp
Snap! Records - Power Chords, Harmonies and Mistletoe 3: The Tourmaliners - Greensleeves
Hell yeah!!! We're very proud to announce the North American edition of our last album 'I.N.F.E.R.N.O.' by Otitis Media Records. We need to say thank you to our dudes Christopher W. Puryear and Noah Drumright for the partnership. It's really cool being part of the OMR with our friends Kingargoolas, Terremotor, Wood Surfers, Surf Aliens, Ted Boys Marinos, Dirty Fuse, Total Death Mechanics, Didi Wray and others. Keep tuned!!! 2021 will be a blast!!!
Listen I.N.F.E.R.N.O. :
Sharawaji Records is proud to announce that The Young Barons - Hella California (SRW078 CD) is now shipping.
The Young Barons are teenage surf sensations from the Bay Area of California hell bent on keeping rock n roll alive. They've been playing wild shows across the state with top acts, and are being featured in an upcoming documentary about an influential first wave band.
The Young Barons are -
Justice James - drums
Anthony Denny - guitar
Raul Martinez - bass
These guys are the real deal, there is a hot-rodded intensity to the performances recorded at GET REEL STUDIOS, and the master by Gary Hobish brings out lush, psychedelic undertones. It's nine tracks of rock n roll riot celebrating surf music and California culture that you'll want to spin again and again.
The vinyl edition SRW077 12 inch LP will be out in a few weeks. Everything about the vinyl album was recorded, mixed, mastered, printed, pressed and manufactured in California to make this 100% legit.
For DJ radio promo copies and promo code for SG101 members just send me a PM.
Get it on Bandcamp here - Link
Where else to go in a pandemic but to space?
Echo Sector's riffs were created in a lab at the heart of a black hole by the nefarious Dr. Eh. But this sound was too big and too wicked to be contained. Wielding reverb-drenched guitar lines, driving drums and soaring synths, this sound shattered the silence of space. Now these five surf warriors ride the gnarly ripcurl of the galactic tide to bring some sun-sized slabs of rock to the ears of distant planets.
For fans of Man Or Astro-Man? and Daikaiju, Echo Sector's new album ...From 12th Planet takes surf rock to new nebular heights.
BIL BIL is out!
It's the 5th EP by MOUSSAKA, folksurf attraction form Serbia. There are four new tracks, powered by folk melodies from Balkan and reverb tanks.