SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Shoutbox

Tqi: Synchro, I managed to squeeze the Axial's in. Still working on how to lay them out next to the pots though.
284 days ago

dragonfly: Thanks whoever posted photo of the day with Dean Dick and yours truly. What an awesome day that was. Love to all the surf community!
211 days ago

DannySnyder: People often say "icy" is the easiest word to spell and looking at it now, I see why.
158 days ago

Emilien03: BAJA SURF STOMP!
142 days ago

Emilien03: https://www....
142 days ago

Tqi: Oy, Fender, Orange. One of you, make a 20W starved-plate valve bass amp. Like an Origin 20 with a big OT.
93 days ago

Remora: New member here saying hello
58 days ago

Clint: Ever try to explain “surf music” to friends? A Day at the Beach Podcast #150 can do this for you. It explains how it got started and ends with today’s modern bands and much more. Please share with those unaware… https://www....
50 days ago

synchro: Hello Remora.
39 days ago

dragonfly: Dick Dale was my best friend and my rock. I loved him unconditionally and he will be greatly missed. R.I.P. dear one you deserve it.
5 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

57%

57%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink What's On Your Workbench?

Goto Page: Previous 1 218 19 20 21 22

This ‘62 with an ages old refin job. It’s an amazing instrument!

Last edited: Jan 06, 2019 17:49:24

Apart from the bass amp, I've just (finally) restrung my acoustic. I put 12 gauge chrome flatwounds on it, naturally. The shell-pink strat was on it, but at this point I think I'm abandoning it - nothing has gotten the strap marks out, and it's a thin-body affinity to start with. That kind of guitar just doesn't merit a refin.

My most important project right now is space-clearing, looking for homes for the Dano '63, the pink strat, the Aston Broadsword, my first electric (a crappy Yamaha that I'd still rather not see on a bonfire) and the acoustic and Ché 2 - if I decide to part with those two - to clear room for a cabinet for the bass amp and a semi-acoustic.

They who die with the fewest control knobs, win.

Simple one first....Trimming out my surf green Squier Start in black hardware

Listen to my band The Surfusions on our Bandcamp Page Link
Like The Surfusions on Facebook ... Link
Follow The Surfusions on Twitter ... Link

2nd project.. have some spare parts sitting around so...this Squier Thinline Tele body with a strat neck. Gonna put a set of gold foil pickups in her and add gold hardware.

Listen to my band The Surfusions on our Bandcamp Page Link
Like The Surfusions on Facebook ... Link
Follow The Surfusions on Twitter ... Link

Currently, the bits and bobs from 3 MIDI controllers that are being transplanted into an enclosure that holds them and 12 sound modules. The enclosure itself is on a card tsble nearby waiting for me to finish the paint experiment for it.

It looks like a GFS paisley tele after that. When they moved, I got discount body. My daughter saw it and said that's her next guitar. I said only if you build it. So she will. Not too many 9 year olds out there playing an axe they assembled themselves!

So yesterday I made good cause with the T-cut at removing the black stains from my Shell Pink affinity strat. I succeeded! When the last of the paint was removed. The stain was all the way through the finish.

So that's sad. It's a nice playing guitar for an Affinity, but I'm not prepared to keep it at this point. The Laurel fretboard is nice, but if I have a 'keeper' strat, I want maple. And I don't want to have black patches or t-cut wear around the strap mounts. So the neck isn't worth keeping to me, and if I'm going to refinish the body - I want a full-depth body!

If anyone in the south west of the UK wants a free most-of-a-guitar, you're welcome to it. I've harvested the tuners as compatible spares for my as-original-as-possible 2003 Jagmaster, and it needs rewiring and new pickguard screws - but it's otherwise complete, and it was a well-playing guitar.

They who die with the fewest control knobs, win.

What's this hairy mess?

It's a G&G Jazz Bass case I scored,
now converted to accommodate my Squier Bass VI.
Had to cut foam at 3 locations - wings and neck pocket.
The glue absorbed too well, and stained the fur's exposed side a bit, but the VI now sits firm and secured.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019 10:30:54

Here's one current project: It's a 2011 Squier Cyclone that I'm getting ready to sell. I had enlarged the rout for the switch when I replaced the cheapo original switch that died with a Switchcraft type right angle switch. So I needed to clean that up and add some shielding paint. The swimming pool rout is original, not my work.

Also need to finish cleaning the fretboard and fix the pickup wiring - I had played around with installing a number of different pickups and then put the originals back in, but accidentally wired them out of phase.

It's a good guitar and was fun and easy to modify, but I've decided to let it go.

Jacks seem to be a theme this week.

mj
bent playing for benter results
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-VI-Explorers-Club-179437279151035/
https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Planet-Shamen-366987463657230/

Cool

Many years ago I started this Yamaha SGV clone project. I lost interest for it for a while, but recently I spent some time trying to finish the project. Now also I got some help from our cat with the wiring Smile

surfybear.weebly.com

bjoish wrote:

Many years ago I started this Yamaha SGV clone project. I lost interest for it for a while, but recently I spent some time trying to finish the project. Now also I got some help from our cat with the wiring Smile

Bjorn, your SG is looking good, but that's got to be a lot of work. I sometimes get help from cats as well.

And speaking of projects, on your old blog, you described the two amps you built, but I never saw how they turned out sound-wise. Did they work well? Are they comparable to other amps in their sound?

Thanks EdwardSand —

surfybear.weebly.com

Goto Page: Previous 1 218 19 20 21 22