Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Surfy Bear Fet Reverb

Goto Page: Previous 1 279 80 81 82 83135 136 Next

The price will be defined and released next week.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

straightblues wrote:

I just ordered the Trem and Reverb. Got a shipping notice the next day. Great customer service.

I was wondering, has anyone used a vintage Gibbs reverb pan with this circuit. I like the Gibbs tanks in my tube reverb better than the new Mood tanks.

Also, I am planning to add a vibe pedal to the inside of my box as well. Any thoughts or ideas?

Yes Sven from Bang Mustang used a Gibbs if I remember well and other people too. Please make sure of the impedance of the pan before connecting it. I always prefer regular Gibbs/Accutronics than MOD, I like surf music Smile but do as you want.

(www.surfmusic.net)

I just came across this YouTube video from last year.
I really like the ability to switch between 2 different settings.
The Carl Martin Headroom Spring Reverb has the same feature but is voiced differently than a Fender reverb tank.
Any plans to release this model in the future?

TarantinosNYC
TarantinosNYC FB page
The WrayCyclers FB page
Rockaway Beach Surf Music Festival

Last edited: Jun 03, 2017 11:22:53

Trying to figure out the layout of my box. Does it matter if I put the reverb tank flat on the bottom of the box, or put it vertical on the front or back wall?

Hi, yes it does matter. There are two models of the Accutronics tank that you can buy. One is meant for horizontal mounting (model 4AB3C1B) and the other for vertical (type C). Check their website FAQ's for the lowdown:

http://www.surfyindustries.com/faq

There is also a diagram for wiring the double mixer pot. I tried it, but couldn't make it work, but I that's due to my inexperience.

I live in California. I got my trem and reverb delivered in 9 days. That is pretty amazing. I will start putting it together next week.

I'm using a pan intended for vertical mounting in the horizontal position, seems to work just fine.

-

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 12:42:33

FritzCat wrote:

I'm using a pan intended for vertical mounting in the horizontal position, seems to work just fine.

They work, but my experience is that they sound best using the designated mounting. I get more depth and detail from my Revisit tanks, others may vary I suppose. You could try a/B-ing by standing the tank on its side leaning against something vs. laying down.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017 13:03:53

The whole idea is about CLEARANCE. I think Duh . As long as the suspended springs and mechanisms are not touching anything, the spring response would be very similar if not identical (aside from the inherent randomness). When (not if!) you kick it, when it sits on top of a 15", or stage rumble, that's when it'll come into play.

from Accutronics website:
...the weight of the springs displaces the magnets along the air gap, not toward the lamination. The closer the magnet is to the lamination, the less of a shock can be given to the unit before the magnet will bottom on the laminations.
We adjust the magnets at the factory so that they will be centered in the gap when installed.

The reason they present all those mounting options in the first place is to accommodate different builds.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017 14:19:05

surferjoemusic wrote:

The price will be defined and released next week.

any news? Cool

I saw it was 320 euros + VAT on Facebook today.

Correction: is says 3,200 SEK which is close to 320 eurors

-Pierre
The Obsidians! (Ottawa surf)
The Obsidians debut EP

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017 14:33:57

That thing looks and sounds amazing!

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Reverb17 wrote:

I just came across this YouTube video from last year.
I really like the ability to switch between 2 different settings.
The Carl Martin Headroom Spring Reverb has the same feature but is voiced differently than a Fender reverb tank.
Any plans to release this model in the future?

Not immediately. Maybe in the next future, but no real plans yet. What you saw is a prototype, a test built. But as said we prefer to stick to original Fender reverb idea. Never forget the reason of SurfyBear: be lighter, cheaper and reliable, and more easily transportable than a Fender tank, but we want THAT reverb sound. There is already a LOT to do with just one setting Smile don't be obsessed by things to press on the floor Smile (I am joking fo course...)

(www.surfmusic.net)

Hi, if you want to build your own reverb tank you can dowload template/Plan here : https://surfguitar101.com/downloads/details/743/
the size is in millimeters and it was based on a reissue Fender reverb tank.
to have the right size for the Template you need to print at A3 size and to be sure the print was at 100%

you can glue the back and top panel on the wood to cut it.

regards.
Alexandre

The Robin's Movie Soundtracks Surf Band

Hi Guys I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to order and start a build of a Surfy Reverb and Tremolo unit within the next month. Although i've wired up a couple of make your own pedals in the past this will be a step up for me.

I was wondering what way around you guys were wiring up joint units, whether reverb into tremolo or tremolo into reverb? Also, where would I place a front mounted switch in the circuit to be able to switch the tremolo out of the circuit?

Thanks for any help you can give guys.

Kieran

A year ago I bought the Surfy Bear kit, and over the weekend I started the project. Thats the first time, and doesn't look bad, but it was difficult to cover it.

Soon I will upload photos of the final result.

Saludos!

Yelo

My band - www.facebook.com/LosOxidadosWeb

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017 21:16:44

Has anyone made a footswitch? I have the reverb, trem, and I am going to add a vibe pedal to the box as well. So I need a foot-pedal to switch on three pedals. I would like LED's on the footswitch if possible. I really don't have any idea how to do it. I have read a little bit about momentary switches but I am not sure if that would work for this. I think I could get a shielded cable with six wires in it. Any thoughts, directions, or places to look would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017 00:08:58

straightblues wrote:

Has anyone made a footswitch? I have the reverb, trem, and I am going to add a vibe pedal to the box as well. So I need a foot-pedal to switch on three pedals. I would like LED's on the footswitch if possible. I really don't have any idea how to do it. I have read a little bit about momentary switches but I am not sure if that would work for this. I think I could get a shielded cable with six wires in it. Any thoughts, directions, or places to look would be much appreciated.

You'll need a good piece of cable though. Your signal is going op and down those wires 4 times, so at least keep it as short as possible. I'll try to draw you a diagram later today.

kizzer wrote:

Hi Guys I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to order and start a build of a Surfy Reverb and Tremolo unit within the next month. Although i've wired up a couple of make your own pedals in the past this will be a step up for me.

I was wondering what way around you guys were wiring up joint units, whether reverb into tremolo or tremolo into reverb? Also, where would I place a front mounted switch in the circuit to be able to switch the tremolo out of the circuit?

Thanks for any help you can give guys.

Kieran

I've made such a switch in my Surfy Hybrid. It's an easy schematic, just like a true bypass switch.

It looks like this:

So you'll need to get a DPDT switch, which looks like this:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017 03:40:38

Goto Page: Previous 1 279 80 81 82 83135 136 Next