Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink The State of SG101 - News, Updates, Ideas for the Website itself

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 210 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next

Thanks Rick!

Okay, I fixed up all the user profile issues. If I found a valid image in a profile or signature, I copied it to our cloud storage for you.

Now I'm having a beer. Cheers

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian wrote:

Thanks Rick!

Okay, I fixed up all the user profile issues. If I found a valid image in a profile or signature, I copied it to our cloud storage for you.

After your efforts, and given the current weather, please feel free to fix yourself up a hot anythingyouwant as well & stay on the warm side of the door.
Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Brian wrote:

Prosit! You've earned it!

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
www.arnyzona.com (my photography)
Aloha Fest on facebook

all this tech stuff is way over my head.
but thanks to Brian for the continued efforts on making the site better.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I had to change the links to the podcasts to https, and I'm guessing by the sudden increase in outgoing bandwidth that people are re-downloading all the podcasts via iTunes or otherwise. Can anyone confirm that is what's happening? I'm sorry about that but it was kind of unavoidable.

Brian, I'm clueless! You knew that anyway. Big Grin

darrenk wrote:

Woot!

-Darren

Woot x2!!

Congrats (AND THANK YOU!!!) Brian. I know you'd been wanting to do this for some time. \m/ \m/

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Hey everyone, I made some infrastructure type changes tonight. The kind that you should not really notice. But if you see some pages not rendering correctly or any images or javascript-type functionality missing, please let me know. This is all in preparation for starting the new site design.

The good news is all the static assets on the site now have a unique name that changes every time I change the file. So this means no more "I've made some changes to the site, you'll have to refresh your browser and/or clear your cache to see them." I've also configured the webserver to tell your browser it can hang on to the site assets for 1 year, so your browser will now cache much more aggressively and this should result in even faster page loads.

Cheers

Thanks for all your hard work Brian - it's much appreciated.

Thanks Alan!

I've added those "hot-link" and "image upload" forms to the Calendar add event page. We lost the ability to upload gig flyers, etc. to the calendar a while back. But its back now.

Embedded videos are not working for me today. Anyone else have this?

Edit: Sorted it self out

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015 07:10:44

Happy Holidays everyone!

I did some software upgrades tonight. It shouldn't have changed the behavior of anything, but of course I may have missed something. Please let me know if you see anything odd.

There is something weird going on if you try to edit a forum post that has video attachments. I'll try to look into this soon.

Brian wrote:

There is something weird going on if you try to edit a forum post that has video attachments. I'll try to look into this soon.

Fixed!

Thumbs Up

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

I'm actively researching options for redesigning the site to make it more modern and mobile friendly. Last time I changed the design was for SG101 2.0, and I did it all in secret over the course of some months, and unveiled it all when I was finished. This time I think I want to do it as I go, and push it up to the server in chunks. So the site will be a mixture of old and new designs, depending on where you are at. I want to do it this way so I can get more immediate feedback. The downsides are: part of the site in the old design, part in the new, and its probably going to look pretty ugly for a while. But I think those disadvantages outweigh getting more immediate feedback and being collaborative with you all. I'll start a new thread for SG101 3.0 redesign feedback in the near future. I'll be reviewing the comments we had in an older thread about new ideas for 3.0, but feel free to post them here too.

Brian wrote:

This time I think I want to do it as I go, and push it up to the server in chunks. So the site will be a mixture of old and new designs, depending on where you are at. I want to do it this way so I can get more immediate feedback.

+1 on this.

I'll be reviewing the comments we had in an older thread about new ideas for 3.0, but feel free to post them here too.

I don't live on a mobile but it would still be nice overall to be able to channel a search in a given sub-forum, or drill-down even further in a "search this thread" method. Other than that, appreciate all you do - and the current format being present while new is deployed wouldn't be ugly just different.
Smile

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Brian, are you about designing just the front-end, while the site structure will remain the same, or?....
Any specific framework/platform or just free scripting?

I'm currently learning the intricates of responsive web design, for a site project. It's so more complicated than my non-programmer brain needs to handle...

I'll be glad to help in any way. SG101!

DreadInBabylon wrote:

Brian, are you about designing just the front-end, while the site structure will remain the same, or?....

Yes, it's front-end changes only (in theory). So sorry Badger, improvements to the search will have to come later.

Any specific framework/platform or just free scripting?

I will definitely be using a framework because I am more of a backend engineer. I've looked at both Bootstrap and Foundation and will probably go with Foundation.

I'm currently learning the intricates of responsive web design, for a site project. It's so more complicated than my non-programmer brain needs to handle...

Yeah, having a framework help with the responsive part makes the most sense for me in this case.

I'll be glad to help in any way.

Awesome! I'm sure I will need it.

Brian wrote:

Yes, it's front-end changes only (in theory). So sorry Badger, improvements to the search will have to come later.

I'm a Cubs fan - I'm patient. Cool

Wes

Goto Page: Previous 1 210 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next