Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink The State of SG101 - News, Updates, Ideas for the Website itself

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 28 9 10 11 1217 18 Next

Anybody else get an email today from Billy Woods with a link to some arabic, possibly, web page? Probably spam but isn't he the head man for Mighty Surf Lords?

The email To list includes among others dblcrown, cdbaby, vailresorts, nvbell.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015 14:13:21

Brian wrote:

Or it may be that another server in my providers network has been flagged as a spammer.

Not a far-fetched idea. When I was with the .mil this would happen occasionally where a site would be blocked by a higher-level firewall because some other server in that particular Class C was being naughty and when you're a big Pentagon hammer everything looks like a nail. So... Nuke the whole subnet & let God sort 'em out later and "see who calls."

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

The last time this happened I had to fill out a form and send it to Microsoft. I have done so again. I'm really sorry about the inconvenience. I have no idea why they have marked us as a spammer.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

SurfNutDuke wrote:

Anybody else get an email today from Billy Woods with a link to some arabic, possibly, web page? Probably spam but isn't he the head man for Mighty Surf Lords?

The email To list includes among others dblcrown, cdbaby, vailresorts, nvbell.

This is off topic and has nothing to do with SG101.

The most probable reason for this is Billy's email account has been compromised and a malcontent is sending spam email to everyone in Billy's address book.

Badger wrote:

Brian wrote:

Or it may be that another server in my providers network has been flagged as a spammer.

Not a far-fetched idea. When I was with the .mil this would happen occasionally where a site would be blocked by a higher-level firewall because some other server in that particular Class C was being naughty and when you're a big Pentagon hammer everything looks like a nail. So... Nuke the whole subnet & let God sort 'em out later and "see who calls."

Yes, I'm hoping this is the case because AFAIK nothing sneaky is going on on my server...

From Microsoft:

Dear Brian Neal

We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following table contains the results of our investigation.

Conditionally mitigated
Our investigation has determined that the above IP(s) qualify for conditional mitigation. These IP(s) have been unblocked, but may be subject to low daily email limits until they have established a good reputation.

Please note that mitigating this issue does not guarantee that your email will be delivered to a user’s inbox.

Ongoing complaints from users will result in removal of the mitigation.

Mitigation may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system.

If you feel your issue is not yet resolved, please reply to this email and one of our support team members will contact you for further investigation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please don't hit the SPAM button when you receive an email from SG101 (e.g. forum topic subscription emails, etc).

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015 17:55:17

I sent in 2 requests, one for outlook.com and one for hotmail; one was "conditionally mitigated" and the other was rejected.

Lame

Brian,
Something went wrong with the site in Chrome, on my Mac at least. The buttons above the text window don't show and the smiley and ? button just show rotating 'loading' signs. Also, nothing I post will post to the site in Chrome.

Squink Out!

I'm using Chrome right now to view the site. Something is wrong on your end.

This thread is primarily for announcements and news about the site. If you have a support request, please contact me by email or private message, or use the Suggestion Box forum.

I just downloaded a fresh build of the app. Old one must have been damaged by cosmic rays or something. Glad it's that easy to fix.

Squink Out!

So the deluge of returned emails from outlook/hotmail seems to have stopped. So we should be back to normal until a few years from now when this randomly happens again.

After a few starts and stops, my script for downloading all the old hot-linked images and uploading them to our cloud storage has finally finished. We managed to save about 75% of 8,145 images (the other 25% were dead links). I've got to do the same thing to the images in news stories next, and then miscellaneous code cleanup. Then we'll be ready to go 100% secure. I'm trying to get all this done in 2015.

Getting really close to pull the trigger on going secure. I have a few minor details to attend to but I'm ready to get a SSL certificate.

Cheers

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

While I'm trying to figure what to do about a SSL certificate, I think I will upgrade the server's operating system this coming Saturday. The site will be unavailable for a while... maybe an hour or two? You can watch the SG101 Twitter feed for status updates. Thanks for your patience!

Going to take the site down soon and do the OS upgrade.

I think we are back...

The OS upgrade (of course) had some unexpected problems. I think everything is running normally now, but let me know if you see something out of place.

I think I'm going to get an SSL certificate from these guys:

https://letsencrypt.org/

This is an effort by some really cool people to get the entire Internet encrypted all the time. They'll be offering free SSL certificates with some software designed to take the arcane computer nerdery out of installing them. If you run a website I recommend you check them out.

They are still in a closed beta, but I think they go live sometime this month if they are still on schedule. So I guess we'll wait until then to give it a try.

Goto Page: Previous 1 28 9 10 11 1217 18 Next