Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink The State of SG101 - News, Updates, Ideas for the Website itself

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 211 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next

It begins...

Just getting my tools sorted out and taking the very first baby steps...

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

A couple of people have run into issues when submitting calendar events with no text in the description. That has been fixed now, sorry for the inconvenience.

I recommend Firefox Developer Version (with dev. tools) - Indispensable - for live CSS editing, any test you can imagine, responsive environment and so on. Very powerful to use for prototyping, then simply copy sources. Firebug for Chrome provides similar.
Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 03, 2016 15:55:30

I just noticed that some of our very old news stories in the "Featured Videos" category have broken video embeds. I'll put it on my to-do list to get these fixed.

Apparently the old markup for embedding videos from YouTube doesn't work anymore.

The old "Featured Videos" with broken embeds have been fixed. It was mainly a mixed content issue, but some of the embed codes were of the old flash object style. They were burned with fire.

For some reason a bunch of bots have been very attracted to our wiki in the last 2 days and are crawling it excessively, making the site slow. I've put in some mitigation, so fingers crossed. This is an instance where my avatar is 100% accurate.

Hey B! With the modular migration to the new format, have we lost the ability to update ones avatar? I can't seem to figure out how to do that...

Hmmm

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Edit your profile and it is behind there now:

Been getting similar questions about how to edit your profile so if anyone has any advice on how to make that more clear...

Ah! Thanks!

To me, because that tab was green, I had the impression it was the currently selected tab where I was in 'read only' mode / not seeing options to edit.

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

I think I'll remove the green Profile button there and move it under "My Profile" with a new label: "Edit Profile".

Right on - I think that'd do the trick!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Just a reminder, if we get hit by a spammer, please don't reply to the thread they start. I have a button that will blow away all posts made by a spammer, and that will automatically destroy threads, unless someone else posts in it. Then I have to go manually delete each thread.

And thanks for being so quick to report these threads with the little red flag icon in the lower right of the post. I think the mean time to live for these things is in the minutes assuming I am near my computer or phone when it happens. Not enough time for their spammy crap to get indexed by search engines, making it less likely they will target us in the future.

Brian wrote:

I have a button that will blow away all posts made by a spammer, and that will automatically destroy threads, unless someone else posts in it. Then I have to go manually delete each thread.

Ah! Didn't realize that part. Duly noted.

That inquiry about emojis the other day must have gotten stuck in my craw; I couldn't let the opportunity slide by to use this one on today's drive-by:

Stuff Hits the Fan

LOL!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

No problem Fady! Thank you for your vigilance!

Hey all, thanks to the diligence of Kruelkats, emails sent from a Google account to one or more of my aliases (in this case admin at surfguitar101 dot com) are getting blocked by an email blacklist provider I use to block spam. I have no idea how long this has been going on, and I apologize if I haven't received your email. In the future, if a message to me at one of my surfguitar101.com aliases bounces or gets a delivery failure notice, please PM me or just email me at bgneal at gmail dot com.

I'm going to remove that blacklist provider this weekend sometime.

Thanks for the intel Brian - interesting... blocking the monolith Laughing

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

I'm currently locked out of my google account, so I may not have received any of your emails since yesterday. For now the best way to contact me is to use the contact form here at the site. Thanks.

Last edited: May 07, 2017 14:44:21

Please don't create multiple accounts to plug your band. Mad

I want to thank Rob_J for providing a tweak to the banner logo. It looks very nice. Thank you!

Hope to see some more member compilation entries in January!

Happy New Year!

Goto Page: Previous 1 211 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next