Shoutbox

Clint: The Clint Beachwood Show can now be heard at https://soun... .... A new show will be posted every Monday.
119 days ago

PatGall: Surf guitar
86 days ago

Pirecords: Hellllloooo people of Earth
69 days ago

TheOutpost: strap
69 days ago

ArtS: Spam Formum posts this morning. Do not click.
69 days ago

Floyd: Tremolo
63 days ago

bigtikidude: Who’s coming to SG101?
46 days ago

Jojobaplant: Second Magnatech album on Sharawaji in a few weeks on CD and Vinyl!
34 days ago

jimbones: New stuff coming from the Men in Gray Suits REALLY SOON!
30 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Looking forward to SG102 2022
23 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake July Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink SurfyTrem DIY builds and FAQ's

New Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

That looks good, Chris. The vinyl wrap solves several problems at once. Where's your tank hiding?

The tank is sitting off to the side. This pic is just the test to make sure the chassis works. I'll build a traditional reverb unit cabinet for the tank and chassis. But it will be a bit smaller.

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Solved the issue I had with the hum from the tremolo. The tried a different 12v power supply and no hum. Only difference is it's slightly bigger and higher amperage (1.5A) while the other was 1.2A. Guess is it is better filtered or isolated from ground better or something... Anyway it's now super quiet and sounds so good and surfy! Finished the 2nd for the other guitarist in the band. Can't wait to try them live.
image

http://guitarupsurfband.com
http://guitarup.bandcamp.com
http://reverbnation.com/guitarup
http://facebook.com/guitarupband
https://www.doublecrownrecords.com/guitar-up-western-pacific-cd/

Those look great!

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

The SurfyBear DIY Kits are back in stock as promised!

After the launch we temporarily ran out for the large volume of orders. Anyway here they are. Remember the 12V power supply and the reverb pan are not included... you can buy them separately at the ACCESSORIES page.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

Got my pedal back. Really liking it.
image

![image](https://s3-us-west-

1.amazonaws.com/sg101.user.photos/GBdv5OmaQw2NGXDVYOohWg.jpg)
image
image
image
image
My latest pedal kit. Got it today at noon. Spent 10 hrs building it. Designed and assembled in Stockholm Sweden.Shipped from Livorno Italy to Leipzig Germany and by way of London's Heathrow Airport. Halfway across the world to California.I did the enclosure paint and graphics. Vintage style knobs. Gnome makes it sound magical and mysterious. Best sounding trem ever and best looking too! Thanks Björn Isheden.Will have a couple more available.Seriously sounds better than it looks! Here is the inside. Did the battery option. Worked perfect on 1st try! Did not even use a power supply yet as power requirement for this pedal is very low.I did use a piece of cardboard under circuit board as had no standoffs ordered yet.Also left leads a little long for ease of service.
image

Last edited: May 03, 2017 09:01:04

Gilbro wrote:

My latest pedal kit. Got it today at noon. Spent 10 hrs building it. Designed and assembled in Stockholm Sweden.Shipped from Livorno Italy to Leipzig Germany and by way of London's Heathrow Airport. Halfway across the world to California.I did the enclosure paint and graphics. Vintage style knobs. Gnome makes it sound magical and mysterious. Best sounding trem ever and best looking too! Thanks Björn Isheden.Will have a couple more available.Seriously sounds better than it looks! Here is the inside. Did the battery option. Worked perfect on 1st try! Did not even use a power supply yet as power requirements for this pedal is very low.I did use a piece of cardboard under circuit board as had no standoffs ordered yet.Also left leads a little long for ease of service.

Besides the breathtakingly beautiful graphics, that is a solid looking build. 2x Thumbs Up

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Last edited: May 02, 2017 10:41:10

Very nice job, Gilbro. Smile

Thank you for the kind words folks... I'm still waiting for my first kit.Been a month. Made the mistake of not using DHL.I ordered three kits total.The other two came in 3 days.DHL is great! When connected after the Surfy Bear reverb on the brown setting you can hear a chorusing effect that is incredible!That is the Robin Trower sound. These are used with my 18 watt Marshall clone turning it into a Fender! Bjorn, you are a genius!

Last edited: May 03, 2017 09:14:01

I'd like to pair a Surfy Trem to my latest acquisition according to GAS, of a Ceriatone Lead & Bass (20w Marshall 2061X clone) with matching Sourmash 2061CX 2x12" cab.
Bjorn is indeed not simply 'genius' as they say nowadays, but truly ingenious.

Squink Out!

JObeast, when can we expect to see the result of the build. Smile Elaborate about the Ceriatone, please.

wfoguy wrote:

JObeast, when can we expect to see the result of the build. Smile Elaborate about the Ceriatone, please.

I'd have to purchase the kit first! I would put it alongside the extant Surfy Bear FET Reverb installed in the lid of a rusty Sears Craftsman toolbox. It's about the same size as a "real" reverb unit.
Here is my new little 'stack'. It's got EL84 output tubes and is hand built in Malaysia. The cab is made in Kentucky and sports Scumback (local LA Co.) J75 and H75 12" drivers.
It's super high-quality and not really expensive. I got both pieces slightly used 'predepreciated' the way I like to shop!
image

Squink Out!

JObeast wrote:

wfoguy wrote:

JObeast, when can we expect to see the result of the build. Smile Elaborate about the Ceriatone, please.

I'd have to purchase the kit first! I would put it alongside the extant Surfy Bear FET Reverb installed in the lid of a rusty Sears Craftsman toolbox. It's about the same size as a "real" reverb unit.
Here is my new little 'stack'. It's got EL84 output tubes and is hand built in Malaysia. The cab is made in Kentucky and sports Scumback (local LA Co.) J75 and H75 12" drivers.
It's super high-quality and not really expensive. I got both pieces slightly used 'predepreciated' the way I like to shop!
I've never even played a Marshall except in a practice studio in Taipei in 1992 so this is a new thing for me. Not surfy but great for roots, 60s rock, psychedelia, and Punk Rock. Treble Boost really compliments the early saturation of preamp. I still love my Bandmaster but the Ceriatone is a great foil for it.
image

Squink Out!

JObeast,
Congratulations on your 20 watt.
I don't usually gravitate towards Marshalls or clones of but that circuit is one of my all time favorites for, as you said, rock music in general.
I had a 2061 reissue for a few years and actually had a Sourmash cab as well for it. I still have the cab and it's a thumper, even though mine is a 1x12.
Enjoy!
and now I submit back to the thread topic.

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

I finished my Surfy Reverb tremolo combo last week.
imageimage

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Last edited: May 22, 2017 18:27:03

Looks good! Any issues to mention? ^^^^^^

Sonichris wrote:

I finished my Surfy Reverb tremolo combo last week.

Worship

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

wfoguy wrote:

Looks good! Any issues to mention? ^^^^^^

No. I had some brain farts while wiring it, but those are on me. It works really well, and sounds just like my "real" brown face tremolo and Gomez tank. These kits are super!

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Sonichris wrote:

I finished my Surfy Reverb tremolo combo last week.

Sonichris thats a really cool combo build !!!
How did you make that faceplate?

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Top