SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

dragonfly: Pic of the day OMG how I loved The Torquays and miss them very much. Yes
268 days ago

simoncoil: FWIW my guess for the ending of GoT was a surprising "Invasion fo the Dragonmen" (Hey-ho, hey-ho ...)
250 days ago

Surf_Skater: Congratulations JonPaul and Marie!
217 days ago

tubeswell: Anyone in Cali affected by the quakes?
203 days ago

Scrane255: Marty smith was my Uncle! Would like to see pictures of the nobles band
197 days ago

josheboy: Convention in 1 week!!
183 days ago

bigtikidude: 4 days and counting. Who's coming?
180 days ago

dragonfly: Has anyone heard the new Ford commercial with Dick Dale's Misirlou in the background? I have and it's awesome but too bad they waited till DD passed away. Long live the King!.
168 days ago

DangerDeathRay3: Check out Hamilton Ontario's surf grunge power trio, Danger!! Death Ray: https://face...
50 days ago

Double-Crown-Records: Last chance to order Seasonal Favorites 5 or anything else from Double Crown before Christmas! www.doublecr...
38 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

70%

70%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Ivan Pongracic Sr. and Jr. playing some Shadows chestnuts for Christmas

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6

IvanP wrote:

Here's one more interview where Hank mentions how they simply chose the most expensive model in the Fender catalog. Imagine if they knew about the Jazzmaster at that point, which WAS the most expensive guitar sold by Fender in the early '59, and Hank ended up with that! Possibly the music world would have been a much different place....

They caught a break, IMO. As much appeal as the offsets have, they were not the same as a Strat. I have a sentimental attachment to Jaguars; they were the top of the Fender line when I first started playing. Nonetheless, the Strat is hard to beat and Hank has gotten one heck of a sound from one. Likewise for present company.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.
My Guitar WebSite
Dead Thread

My dad and I were back at it this Christmas, for the fourth year in a row! Here are three new videos for your holiday listening pleasure: Some Are Lonely, Maria Elena, and Bossa Roo. We hope you enjoy them, and we wish you all a happy new year!

Ivan
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

These warm my heart so much. All the best in the new year to your entire family, Ivan.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

YAY! One of my most very favorite threads on SG101. Thank you Ivan (and Pops!) for sharing your tradition with us all again this year! Beautiful on many levels.

To a happy and healthy 2019 for the Pongracic's! Cheers

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Cool! Nice to hear some deeper tracks.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

As always, Ivan, it is a delight to see these videos of you and your father. That is truly a blessing, to be able to make music with your dad.

My Guitar WebSite
Dead Thread

Thank you for sharing. Tell Sr. that I'm impressed. Smile

Thank you all very much, we both greatly appreciate the nice comments! And we're very happy to be able to spread a bit more holiday cheer! Smile

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

I love this yearly tradition! So cool! Happy Holidays to you and your Dad, Ivan!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Hey, it's been a year already!! So, here are three new videos of my dad and me playing the Shadows again!! Hope you enjoy!

I'm using a '97 '62 US reissue Strat with an '84 '62 US reissue neck and Pure Vintage '65 pickups, through a Catalinbread Echorec pedal and a Vox AC15C1-TV amp. My dad's playing an early-2000s Epiphone EJ-300S.

Video #1: "It's Been a Blue Day" - the B-side of the Shadows '63 single "Shindig"

Video #2 - "Theme From Shane". "Shane" is an iconic 1953 western, the Shadows adapting its orchestral theme music for their first EP, released in January 1961, following up on the huge success of "Apache" just a few months before with four more western-themed songs.

Video #3 - "Wonderful Land", their biggest hit, eight weeks at No. 1 in the winter and spring of 1962 in the UK, and 19 weeks on the charts in total - one of the biggest UK hits of the '60s in general, outdone only by the Beatles and Elvis.

We wish you all a very happy new year and see you next Christmas!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Always the sweetest treat of the holidays. Thank you once again Jr. & Sr!

Merry Christmas andHappy New Year to the Pongracic’s. May y’all’s 2020 be in good health, filled with love, happiness and Shads!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Thank you and Happy Holidays to your family!

This is one of my favorite threads.

Merry Christmas!

Sean

"It's been a strange day. First I find a hat full of money then I was chased by an angry man with a guitar"

Thanks to both of you. I really enjoy these Shadows tunes. What can I say, there’s just something magic about these arrangements and Wonderful Land always has a positive impact.

Great work!

My Guitar WebSite
Dead Thread

I know I'm late on this.
Ivan, you are so blessed to have these videos of you and your father.
I noticed that your father has a liking for Epiphone Masterbilt acoustic guitars.
So do I. I have a DR500 mce. It sound great, but it's like holding a row boat.
I hope your Christmas was wonderful!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6