Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
320 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
247 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
247 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
167 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
145 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
114 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
107 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
68 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
1 day ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
1 day ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Ivan Pongracic Sr. and Jr. playing some Shadows chestnuts for Christmas

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

I just watched one of these on the ole' chromecast... very cool!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Thank you, Brian!!!

And here's the final of the four new ones: "Blue Sky, Blue Sea, Blue Me".

Hope you all had a merry Christmas, and we wish you a happy new year!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

BTW, here's the YouTube playlist with these four new tracks, as well as the five from last year: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCrNIMaZJAOpeQ4Al9dSoImkGguE03rZv

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

That is sooooo cool Ivan. (also might be the first time I've seen your Dad with a Strat in his lap)
Thanks so much for sharing that with us.
Yes

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Hey Ivan,
Nice stuff with you and your dad.
I happened to scan the others and liked the I.P.Jr. plays the Astronauts video.
I really liked that "Take that, Strat haters" line at the end.
"' you talkin' to me... to me??"
Merry Christmas to you, too.

J Mo'

You two are in fine form once again. This is getting to be a regular Christmas tradition! Thanks for the playlist, and please tell your Dad that many are enjoying it.

Thank you and Happy Holidays to your family. Smile

Thanks, fellas! Very glad you're enjoying it! We sure did! Smile

Badger wrote:

(also might be the first time I've seen your Dad with a Strat in his lap)

Ha! Yes, it's actually a California Series Strat from around '98-'99. He bought it new back then, but had it on loan to Patrick of the Madeira from '07 until this year. He's been playing it a lot the last couple of months and really enjoying it. No surprise, I think he looks and sounds better with it than his Tele! Twisted Evil

JohnnyMosrite wrote:

I happened to scan the others and liked the I.P.Jr. plays the Astronauts video.
I really liked that "Take that, Strat haters" line at the end.
"' you talkin' to me... to me??"

Big Grin Well, not actually you in particular - but there are quite a lot like YOU in surf music in that regard! See this thread: https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/28351/
(Incidentally, I'm playing the same Strat - the 2012 American Standard in Jade Pearl Metallic - in this Astronauts video that I am in the above Shadows videos - sounds fantastic for both!)

websurfer wrote:

You two are in fine form once again. This is getting to be a regular Christmas tradition! Thanks for the playlist, and please tell your Dad that many are enjoying it.

Thanks, and will do! He really loves to see the comments and people enjoying it.

Happy new year, all!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016 12:15:57

Just the Vox & the Magic Stomp w/EFTP?

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Badger wrote:

Actually, I didn't use the MagicStomp for this. I had my Madeira pedalboard, with the Xotic EP booster (on, with zero boost), and my Strymon El Capistan, on one of its multihead settings.

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

IvanP wrote:

Badger wrote:

Actually, I didn't use the MagicStomp for this. I had my Madeira pedalboard, with the Xotic EP booster (on, with zero boost), and my Strymon El Capistan, on one of its multihead settings.

Thanks. I love the El Cap using the switches there & some bass rolloff like you told me about. The dynamic in the 2 players though is the key; same as with Bruce & Hank. Just fun for fun's sake.

Wes

Too cool, man!

Continuing the Pongracic family Christmas tradition, year three - Ivan Sr. and Jr. playing The Shadows! Here is "Spring Is Nearly Here" (we wish!!). From our home to yours, merry Christmas, and enjoy!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Very nice, very soothing, very well done.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

For a parent and child to enjoy something together that is so wonderful is exceptional, not normal. It makes me smile inside to watch these videos. Thank you and Merry Christmas to your family. Smile

So wonderful to see another video with you and your dad this year, Ivan. Truly moving like each before it in the Christmas w/ the Pongracic Sr & Jr series - wonderful vibe, lovely playing, just right tone and an obvious shared love for the music.

Thanks for sharing this latest edition with us; may we all get to enjoy many more Christmas's of you & your dad playing Shads tunes together!

Cheers

(I just re-watched them all - the Christmas gifts that keep giving! I've got a fondness for most any version of The Breeze and I and the Shads version is particularly nice. The faces your dad makes are fantastic on that one. The weight of channeling Bruce I guess!)

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Thank you so very much, gents!! You're all extremely kind and generous, and we appreciate it greatly! Both my dad and I are so glad you enjoy these videos, it truly makes us happy. We recorded two others yesterday which I'll be posting shortly. Hope you're all enjoying the post-Christmas calm (and food coma! Big Grin ).

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Christmas 2017 video #2: "Theme for Young Lovers", from '64. This was my parents' song when they were dating, and they used to whistle the main theme to get each other's attention when in crowds - and in fact, that carried over into our family once I was around, too. Smile It remained our family calling sign all through my childhood.

A bit of trivia about the original song: this was the only Shadows song written solely by Bruce Welch, who then got sick right before the band went in the studio to record it. So, he didn't appear on the recording of his own song! The rhythm guitar part was instead ably overdubbed by Hank Marvin, who really captured Bruce's style well, I'd say!

Anyway, enjoy!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017 15:28:07

Very nice, Ivan. It’s a real blessing to be able to play music with your father like that. Music and family make for a very strong combination.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Thank you, synchro! You're very right, truly a blessing. I don't take it for granted.

Our final video for the Christmas of 2017: "Alentejo" by the Shadows. This is a pretty obscure song, from probably their weakest album of the '60s (of course, IMHO), 1967's "From Hank, Bruce, Brian and John", but my dad and I love it and have played it for many years. Their version was entirely acoustic as they were trying to tap into the growing popularity of Brazilian bossa nova music. We decided to give it a more traditional Shadows treatment. Hope you like it! Happy new year, all!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next