SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

Freevibration: yamaha SGV
165 days ago

Freevibration: yamaha SGV
165 days ago

CreepBeat: 2020 sucks
160 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Bango is going bananas in quarantine!
160 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
159 days ago

ChuckEMong: would a link to an r-rated video with a good tune be out of line here? Whatever
124 days ago

Emilien03: helloooooo! Big Grin
104 days ago

Clint: “Surf Music Videos” channel on YouTube. If you like, please subscribe. Thanks! https://www....
90 days ago

oestmann: Hello!
14 days ago

Mrblob4: Help, quarantine is hell
7 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

70%

70%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Surfy Bear Fet Reverb

New Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2123 124 125 126 127 128 Next

Chris_in_Idaho wrote:

Long shot here, but does anybody have a Surfy Bear Reverb diy kit that they aren't going to build? I finally got around to ordering one only to find out they're not offering them anymore.

Yes I have one ...I was going to build it but decided to get the metal box premade one ( love it ) so the kit is just sitting here ..let me know if you're still interested and Im sure we can work something out . I'm in SoCal .

Awesome! I'll send you a PM.

Hi DIY builds gurus, I need your help and wisdom!

My SurfyBear stopped working and I can't figure out what's going on.
It has worked great for almost 2 years and in a middle of a recording the output went very, very low.
Everything else seems to work properly, I have dry signal and reverb signal, pots work as intended but the volume is incredibly low!

The board visually looks ok, I've resoldered everything, changed the power supply but still got that low output.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Aldersea wrote:

Hi DIY builds gurus, I need your help and wisdom!

My SurfyBear stopped working and I can't figure out what's going on.
It has worked great for almost 2 years and in a middle of a recording the output went very, very low.
Everything else seems to work properly, I have dry signal and reverb signal, pots work as intended but the volume is incredibly low!

The board visually looks ok, I've resoldered everything, changed the power supply but still got that low output.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Hi Aldersea

If you cant find a solution, feel free to contact me at the tech support on the SurfyIndustries website!

/Björn

surfybear.weebly.com

bjoish wrote:

Aldersea wrote:

Hi DIY builds gurus, I need your help and wisdom!

My SurfyBear stopped working and I can't figure out what's going on.
It has worked great for almost 2 years and in a middle of a recording the output went very, very low.
Everything else seems to work properly, I have dry signal and reverb signal, pots work as intended but the volume is incredibly low!

The board visually looks ok, I've resoldered everything, changed the power supply but still got that low output.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Hi Aldersea

If you cant find a solution, feel free to contact me at the tech support on the SurfyIndustries website!

/Björn

I just did, thanks a lot Bjorn!

Aldersea wrote:

Hi DIY builds gurus, I need your help and wisdom!

My SurfyBear stopped working and I can't figure out what's going on.
It has worked great for almost 2 years and in a middle of a recording the output went very, very low.
Everything else seems to work properly, I have dry signal and reverb signal, pots work as intended but the volume is incredibly low!

The board visually looks ok, I've resoldered everything, changed the power supply but still got that low output.

Any idea what could be the cause?

I experienced something similar. In my first build I relied on the housing to provide the ground connection. A bit stupid because aluminium forms an insulating film on its surface, thus cutting of the connection. But Im sure that was just my mistake.

Frank

SURFYNEWS
In case you don't know already, there are some new items available soon (February 3) from Surfy Industries.
First and most exciting is the SurfyBear Compact!
https://youtu.be/Q7Qk8P_p0I4

There's also the new and improved SurfyBear Classic(2.0)
https://youtu.be/uYidFkNqKMM

We will have some other news coming soon!

surfyindustries.com

http://www.satanspilgrims.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Satans-Pilgrims/8210228553
https://satanspilgrims.bandcamp.com/
http://www.surfyindustries.com

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020 16:21:44

Nice! What are the improvements in the SurfyBear Classic(2.0)?

The YouTube link does not show the "new and improved" classic version.

Peterk wrote:

The YouTube link does not show the "new and improved" classic version.

Petetk, it does indeed. The differences are: a toggle switch instead of the foot switch (more like the original Fender 6g15, a metal plate on the bottom replacing the see through acrylic panel for improved shielding, we've upgraded the jacks to Switchcraft, and have replaced the feet with lower profile ones. Of course, we would never change the circuit, you can't improve on that or the sound!

http://www.satanspilgrims.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Satans-Pilgrims/8210228553
https://satanspilgrims.bandcamp.com/
http://www.surfyindustries.com

spskins wrote:

Of course, we would never change the circuit, you can't improve on that or the sound!

If so, why have there been 5 or more revisions of the circuit?
Based on the schematics I have seen there have been some more or less fundamental changes. For example how the dwell (or gain) was implemented.

From the last version...this is also the finished pedal we are talking about.

http://www.satanspilgrims.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Satans-Pilgrims/8210228553
https://satanspilgrims.bandcamp.com/
http://www.surfyindustries.com

Hello! I thought I would post my DIY build here. It sounds freakin’ awesome. Robert

image

Ok, I see, thanks for the clarification. Smile

Surfy bear kit sent to Chris In Idaho ...best of luck .

Roberts67 wrote:

Hello! I thought I would post my DIY build here. It sounds freakin’ awesome. Robert

Cool Smile

That satisfying moment when you first switch it on and it all works Smile

Last edited: Feb 01, 2020 19:13:17

Downed_Aviator wrote:

Cool Smile

That satisfying moment when you first switch it on and it all works Smile

I know! It did fire up first time. I added a 12v lamp and switch today. Will wire in the foot switch soon.

image

Hello everyone!

Newbie here - this forum and all the great reverbs you guys built motivated me to try to build my own. But unfortunately I need a little help with troubleshooting.

I soldered all the parts to to the board, but when I connect the SB to the guitar signal, the spring tank and the power suply, it only produces a pulsating sound.

  • the pulses are regular, I would say less than one second, maybe even half a second
  • it starts right when it is connected to the power supply, disconnecting the reverb tank or the guitar cable doesn`t change anything
  • turning the mixer makes it a little louder/quieter
  • I checked the power supply with a mulitmeter, there seems to be no pulsing

I would appreciate any help!
Greetings from Nuremberg

Last edited: Feb 02, 2020 15:00:27

lordhelmet wrote:

Hello everyone!

Newbie here - this forum and all the great reverbs you guys built motivated me to try to build my own. But unfortunately I need a little help with troubleshooting.

I soldered all the parts to to the board, but when I connect the SB to the giutar signal, the spring tank and the power suply, it only produces a pulsating sound.

  • the pulses are regular, I would say less than one second, maybe even half a second
  • it starts right when it is connected to the power supply, disconnecting the reverb tank or the guitar cable doesn`t change anything
  • turning the mixer makes it a little louder/quieter
  • I checked the power supply with a mulitmeter, there seems to be no pulsing

I would appreciate any help!
Greetings from Nuremberg

Hi Lordhelmet

Do you get any sound?
Both dry and wet?
Typically a pulsating noise comes from the overload protection of the power supply. There are no oscillating circuits or feedback loops on the board.
Please check the troubleshooting info on the FAQ page on the website!

surfybear.weebly.com

Thanks for your fast reply!
No, there is no sound at all.

"Typically a pulsating noise comes from the overload protection of the power supply."

Do you know what the problem could be? Wrong polarity of the dc-input? Or no isolation of the MOSFETs? ...

Goto Page: Previous 1 2123 124 125 126 127 128 Next
Top