Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Just sharing a milestone in our lives.

Goto Page: Previous 1 210 11 12 13 1423 24 Next

Sorting and packing and stacking, oh my... aching back... and arms... Big Grin

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

When all is quiet on your new front, remember we have a job to do. Check your PM . Bass VI Apache project. So PM me with phone and address. Or you have my card , but after a move ....where is it? Best wishes in your new digs. D & B

Don't Fear the Reverb ! Grateful Surf ! SURFIN' Tiki Bandits !
I can be reached through the following or at don@donschott.com. :

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

I interrupt packing boxes to relate something wonderful. My daughter comes in from riding her bicycle to give me a package the UPS driver gave her. She tells me the chain came off her bike, and asked me to fix it because, "... you love your daughter." Yes, I surely do.

So I get started, and while searching for the correct size screwdriver, I see she's about to make herself a microwave desert for lunch. So she tells me she wants a "Roy Rogers" sandwich. It's a peanut butter and American cheese on white bread, from a funny scene she saw in one of his movies, and she's loved them ever since.

After making her the sandwich, I return to her bicycle, and when the chain's reinstalled and properly adjusted, the tires brought up to proper pressure, and my tools and tire pump away, I return to the kitchen. There's my daughter, finishing the touches on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich she just made for me because, "... your daughter loves you."

Yes, she surely does.

What a cool story!

(Mentor goal: Now she needs to get thoroughly schooled in BACON; peanut butter, mmmmmmmmm.)
Big Grin

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Sniff... sniff... Dagnabbit!

Everyday begins a new adventure! I think you have more music toys than I do. Big Grin

Gosh Noel, that's a lot of stuff to unpack. If you need a place to store it temporarily (a year or two, let's say) just send it to me, I've got an extra room. Granted, Idaho is a bit of a drive if your suddenly feel the urge to noodle on a guitar, but that's ok: I'll leave a key under the mat for ya.

More cowbell?? Nah...More Reverb!!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015 17:40:52

Road ready! I see some of those Mexican road cases. Good for temporary. How many under bays on the bus does this stuf take up?
Seems the "hell" part will be over soon enough and then you get to enjoy yer new digs and have a cool surfin' house party.

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015 18:22:47

Moving is a visible adventure to everyone. Things packed are so convenient. You have someone in the house all the time?
(sorry, spent alot of years in my job having to think like bad people and JOBeast reminds me)

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Papers signed. We own our new home!

The glass is raised ....SALUTE !

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

Noel wrote:

Papers signed. We own our new home!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!
Cheers

Wes

Congrats! Did I hear right that the house is outside Pittsburgh?

The Kahuna Kings

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Kahuna-Kings/459752090818447

https://thekahunakings.bandcamp.com/releases

Thanks everyone! The house is in Forest Hills.

Congratulations Noel!

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

Whew! My daughter's first day of home-school is over. We're using an online PA charter school, so we can continue uninterrupted after we move, and until she runs out the waiting list to her new high school.

She's very excited about how everything went, and I have to say, she made it easy on me, and is already learning how to navigate the Web-based live classes. I'm pretty excited too.

The house is coming along, and we hope to be fully settled in by the end of October. I have to pick acoustic paneling for the back wall and adjoining sides of the music room. I'm open to suggestions.

I miss you all very much!

Congrats Noel!

Oh, man, that is awesome - way to think outside the... "what box?"
Cheers

Wes

So on the drive to Pittsburgh for my 45th Anniversary High School reunion, my daughter, Corradina, insists everyone will sing Happy Birthday to me. I told her I didn't see why or how - that wasn't why we were there. So, after dinner, the host is up at the mic getting everyone's attention, and Cory is right there beside him, smiling her huge smile. Yep! She did it. She arranged for everyone to sing Happy Birthday to me.

It was that kind of weekend. Old friends were reunited, dear friends were remembered, old animosities were forgotten, and new friendships were made. We arrived a group of classmates, and left a family.

The house is behind schedule, due to how far away we are and all the delays that causes to decision-making. But we will be moving in, ready or not.

And it's back to school tomorrow!

Goto Page: Previous 1 210 11 12 13 1423 24 Next