Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
298 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
292 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
253 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
186 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
186 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
172 days ago

dp: dude
153 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
108 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
92 days ago

GDW: showman
44 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Announcement for Surf Guitar 101 festival, July 26-28, 2024

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

mbennet wrote:

Does anyone know the deal with parking at the Golden Sails? The web site says parking is complimentary for hotel guests, but I'm staying off site and just wondering how easy parking is.

I called the hotel. They only charge non-hotel guests for overnight parking. I've been there - the parking lot is very large.

Yeah last year anyway it was not a problem to park there if you were not a hotel guest. If you were there to see the festival it's fine, and there is plenty of parking.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

What brian said. But get there early.
only 250 spots. Over 500 tix sold for Sat show.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sale for SG101 members

https://www.rattlesnakecables.com/sale/surfguitar101/

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Announcing: The 15th Annual Surf Guitar 101 Festival is once again sold out on Saturday (July 27). There are still plenty of Reserved seats and General Admission tickets remaining for Friday and Sunday. Click over to
https://bit.ly/SURF-GUITAR-101-2024
and don't be left out!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Best wishes for everybody. I hope all of the travel plans work well. Smile

bigtikidude wrote:

Mitsuru from Japan will be there

We were able to find a translator. Dylan, from Desert Undertones (Tucson, AZ) will be in town for the festival. His wife is Japanese and is willing to help us out.

Thanks for the suggestion, Jeff.

Matthew
Purchasae Colorado Instrumental Fanzine Issue 2

Colorado Instrumental Fanzine Instagram
Colorado Instrumental Fanzine FB Friends
Colorado Instrumental Fanzine FB Page
Email: Matthew_e_clark_6@hotmail.com

Is anyone with photography skills going to the festival?

I will interview a few bands this weekend and could use some good pictures.

I'm asking because I'm too much of a novice with my digital camera...

Thanks!

Matthew

I don’t want to boast about skills but I’m bringing a decent fujifilm (fixed lens) and happy to help
If you don’t hear from more qualified pros

stepintolife wrote:

Is anyone with photography skills going to the festival?

I will interview a few bands this weekend and could use some good pictures.

I'm asking because I'm too much of a novice with my digital camera...

Thanks!

JEFF

Just a heads up that the Orange County Register (for non locals is a newspaper) had a nice piece about the SG 101 Festival in today's edition. Someone with better computer skill than me can post a link.

Happy Sunsets!

https://www.ocregister.com/2024/07/23/surf-guitar-bands-will-make-a-splash-in-long-beach-at-this-beach-music-convention/

tahitijack wrote:

JEFF

Just a heads up that the Orange County Register (for non locals is a newspaper) had a nice piece about the SG 101 Festival in today's edition. Someone with better computer skill than me can post a link.

rfcii wrote:

I don’t want to boast about skills but I’m bringing a decent fujifilm (fixed lens) and happy to help
If you don’t hear from more qualified pros

Thanks, Rob!

I have a merch table next to Band 2 Hand. It's on the right side if you are facing the stage on the raised platform. Please stop by.

Or email me: Matthew_e_clark_6@Hotmail.com

It would be cool to connect. Thanks!

Matthew

Irregular visitor here, frequency may increase (I posted photos of exhibit at SFO). Attended Friday only, wish I could do more. Brought family of the following ages: 20, 15 & 9. All had a blast. Would appreciate any links to live audio, etc… from the fest as they become available.

SoundCloud: Billy Gashade Link

Friday night souvenir

Matthew

bigtikidude wrote:

For those of us not in Cali - how do we watch ????

here is the line up announcement if you missed it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ-VxxmxRmU&feature=youtu.be

The host hotel is sold out,
See the other options for near by recommendations in the web site by Jonpaul. www.surfguitar101festival.com

To me, it's REALLY sad, that Facebook has exploded with SG101 posts, and yet the forum which did so much to get the festival to where it now, and for which it is named, is barely an after thought. I wonder how many of people the who attended, this year, have even been to the SG101 forum website. —

Bob

RobbieReverb wrote:

To me, it's REALLY sad, that Facebook has exploded with SG101 posts, and yet the forum which did so much to get the festival to where it now, and for which it is named, is barely an after thought.

I had to live vicariously through the FB posts as I could not attend this year. But it has been this way slowly over time. I just kind of think people prefer the big social media sites now and forums like this one have been passed over. Perhaps the subject of another thread, but maybe it's time to pack it in here.

I wonder how many of people the who attended, this year, have even been to the SG101 forum website.

I'm glad the festival has taken on a life of its own and expanded beyond our group here. Jeff's done a great job of sticking with it and growing it every year.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Well Bob and Brian, I have to agree with you both. I was hoping to see some review/recap from attendees, but, as BTD sez, crickets. I'm a non-FB (or any other social media) kinda guy, but that probably just reflects my age. I love this music and this community and wish it was still well represented here. Sigh. Hopefully I'll be able to reconnect at an SG101 Festival in the not too distant future. Thank you Brian for your YEARS of effort and love for the community. And to you Bob for remaining vocal here.

Rick

Brian wrote:

RobbieReverb wrote:

To me, it's REALLY sad, that Facebook has exploded with SG101 posts, and yet the forum which did so much to get the festival to where it now, and for which it is named, is barely an after thought.

I had to live vicariously through the FB posts as I could not attend this year. But it has been this way slowly over time. I just kind of think people prefer the big social media sites now and forums like this one have been passed over. Perhaps the subject of another thread, but maybe it's time to pack it in here.

I wonder how many of people the who attended, this year, have even been to the SG101 forum website.

I'm glad the festival has taken on a life of its own and expanded beyond our group here. Jeff's done a great job of sticking with it and growing it every year.

Rick

Hey Guys,

First time posting even though I joined back in 2006. Went to the Friday night show - it was awesome! Wish I would have went to Saturday and Sunday's show. Definitely will attend next year. Big Tiki Dude keep up the good work.

Shermtec

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next