Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

Pirecords: Pi records
217 days ago

Pirecords: Craig skelly
217 days ago

Clint: Attention: If your band has a music video or you know of a surf music video, please pass it along and I’ll add it to my YouTube channel: www.youtube.... Thanks!
211 days ago

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
178 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
159 days ago

bigtikidude: New link https://m.yo...
131 days ago

bigtikidude: New link https://m.yo...
131 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
116 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
44 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
44 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Several surf cover videos by Texas surf band, The Fintastics.

New Topic
Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Guitars and bass recorded by The Fintastics.
Drums were electronically sampled.
The bikini model is Dailec Hernandez from Venezuela Drool

Please enable "Full Screen" for maximum enjoyment

Enjoy - more videos to come! SG101!

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Last edited: Apr 01, 2020 13:40:24

Cool video.
Tasty music and dancer.

http://soundcloud.com/graham-pike

grayn wrote:

Cool video.
Tasty music and dancer.

Thanks, Grayn! Social distancing with surf music can be a good thing Smile

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Excellent playing Gellert!!!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Great tune!

And your bikini model sure is the best dancing Dalek I've ever seen Big Grin

Sunburn Surf Fest – Scorching Hot Surf Music: 16 September, 2023, Tilburg (NL)
Surfin’ Europe - Surf gigs in Europe
The Malbehavers – Instrumental Surf Music from Tilburg (NL)

Awesome! Really liking the guitar tones here. Whats your seutp like?

Master of sound in:
https://beachbombband.bandcamp.com

elmorto wrote:

elmorto wrote:

Awesome! Really liking the guitar tones here. Whats your setup like?

Hey there! It's funny you ask because I was just on your Bandcamp page yesterday and really enjoy your songs a lot ... especially Napalm Nug! I love that type of surf - very much like speed metal!

My set up is extremely simple and it's purely for recording and practicing songs through a PA. I am using a Fender Jazzmaster's bridge pickup for the main tone on Flight of the Surf Guitar. There is also a simple rhythm track that I added (not on the original Atlantics recording) where I used both pickups to get a fatter tone. It's hard to hear but that's how I wanted it...just barely audible to fill in the sonic space.

Aside from the guitar, I am using just one pedal which gives the guitar all its sound. It's a Zoom MS-50G MultiStomp Multi-effects Pedal! I have five effects going through a chain and it took me while to get the right combination to sound surfy enough. Guitar -- noise gate -- compressor --reverb -- Fender twin amp sim -- delay. That's it. The great thing about that pedal is that it is in stereo. My delay effect "ping pongs" back and forth, from left to right giving it a wide effect. I own an original Surfybear reverb and a Hot Rod Deluxe 2x12 that don't get used much.

If anyone owns that Boss pedal, I can share my settings and get you in the right direction for getting the same sound I do. There's a 6 year old thread on here that goes into detail about it.

https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/24232/?page=1

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Hi Gellert, Great playing & sound and that is a seriously high quality video! I would love to get your Zoom MS-50G settings. I'm always curious about how others set the parameters for each of those effects.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Sounds and looks great!

Bill
Guitar Player - Secret Agent Men
Dallas, TX
www.secretagentmen.net
www.facebook.com/thesecretagentmen
https://secretagentmen.bandcamp.com

That was great! Your glissandi (that sounds pretentious) are amazing as is your overall playing...(even listening with the distraction...ha.)

SilverFlash wrote:

Hi Gellert, Great playing & sound and that is a seriously high quality video! I would love to get your Zoom MS-50G settings. I'm always curious about how others set the parameters for each of those effects.

Here you go. I hope it helps you. The patch sounds great in my headphones, but you know sometimes the mix over speakers is only a vague semblance of what you hear through ear cans LOL

The effects in sequence with noise gate first...

Noise Gate - Threshold @ 8 & Level @ 100
Compressor - Sense @ 3 & Tone @ 7 & Level @ 102 "Fast" attack
Reverb Spring '63 - Dwell 20 - Mixer 20 - Tone 49 - Level 101
FD Vibro - Gain 18 - Tube 100 - Level 55 - Treble 78 - Middle 88 - Bass 66 - Presence 80 - cab 2x10 - "line out"
Analog Delay - time 400 - feedback 60 - mix 60 - hi DMP 10 - pp toggled right - level 115 - tail "on"

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I am not working this week due to COVID19 so I'm enjoying recording some of our cover songs for YouTube, along with some video. Instead of making a new thread for each song, I will just use this one and keep it going. Today's upload - a cover of The Space Cossack's classic, "Red Sunrise".

I am a terrible recording engineer and haven't figured out how to record guitar parts piece by piece yet - so all these songs you'll hear are "one take straight through", as is, no polishing with several mistakes added in for your enjoyment LOL

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Shock
Shock
Yes
Oh ya got my attention.
I agree.
That was some very fine guitar playing!

Love the tune! It's bananas!

Bango Rilla!


DiPintos, Fenders and Reverb (oh, my!)

The GO-GO Rillas
Bandcamp | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | TikTok | Threads: thegogorillas

TheFintastics wrote:

elmorto wrote:

elmorto wrote:

Awesome! Really liking the guitar tones here. Whats your setup like?

Hey there! It's funny you ask because I was just on your Bandcamp page yesterday and really enjoy your songs a lot ... especially Napalm Nug! I love that type of surf - very much like speed metal!

My set up is extremely simple and it's purely for recording and practicing songs through a PA. I am using a Fender Jazzmaster's bridge pickup for the main tone on Flight of the Surf Guitar. There is also a simple rhythm track that I added (not on the original Atlantics recording) where I used both pickups to get a fatter tone. It's hard to hear but that's how I wanted it...just barely audible to fill in the sonic space.

Aside from the guitar, I am using just one pedal which gives the guitar all its sound. It's a Zoom MS-50G MultiStomp Multi-effects Pedal! I have five effects going through a chain and it took me while to get the right combination to sound surfy enough. Guitar -- noise gate -- compressor --reverb -- Fender twin amp sim -- delay. That's it. The great thing about that pedal is that it is in stereo. My delay effect "ping pongs" back and forth, from left to right giving it a wide effect. I own an original Surfybear reverb and a Hot Rod Deluxe 2x12 that don't get used much.

If anyone owns that Boss pedal, I can share my settings and get you in the right direction for getting the same sound I do. There's a 6 year old thread on here that goes into detail about it.

https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/24232/?page=1

Well, that proves once again that you don't need expensive gear to sound great. Keep them coming!

Master of sound in:
https://beachbombband.bandcamp.com

Our third music video is a cover of The Madeira's "Journey To The Center Of The Surf". Best viewed on YouTube in 1080HD and "full screen".

Subscribe to my channel for future updates. I am planning on making one video every day (or so) while on temporary "vacation" due to COVID-19 Cool

Pictured is my Fender Jazzmaster (that was used in the recording) and my always-in-the-way cat, Finn.

image

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Hi Gellert, It would be wrong for me hope that COVID-19 keeps you pinned down for a couple of weeks, but, DANG, I would love to see a few weeks of this great stuff. This makes three stunning releases in a row. You are blowing my mind.

And thanks for posting your Zoom settings. I'll be plugging those into mine as soon as I get a chance (as if that will make me sound as good as you Worship , but I can hope.)

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

TheFintastics wrote:

Today's upload - a cover of The Space Cossack's classic, "Red Sunrise".

A blazing rendition of a great song. Well done!

If I'd stop buying old guitars to fix, I might actually learn to play.
Bringing instruments back to life since 2013.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Today's upload is our surfy version of Blondie's hit, "Dreaming".

Unfortunately, YouTube flagged our original video due to copyright claim so we had to edit it by inserting a single photo of a 45 sleeve. If you are a Facebook user, however, you can see the full "unedited" video at this link --- Facebook Version.

A fun fact - we tried to form a Blondie Tribute band several months ago (as a side project). It lasted only four practices Argh

By the way, The Kahuna Kings inspired us to do this song.
Great taste, guys!

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

This is our version of the classic Penetrators song, "Checkpoint Echo".
I love this song so much. There are few surf songs that I can stomach playing a dozen times in a row, but this one is easily, EASILY one of them! I added a flanger effect to the solo - it may or may not fit but it is what it is Whatever

I will upload one more song tomorrow, then take a break because I promised Lorenzo (aka Surfer Joe) that I would learn and video myself playing his tune, "Jaguar". Subscribe to my YouTube channel to get the latest updates. Stay safe everyone!

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Goto Page: 1 2 Next
Top