Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink New Vintera series replaces Fender's Mexican-made Classic series

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

Would like to give an update... My guitar tech (heavily) shielded the entire inside of the guitar, and it knocked out 85-90% of the hum. I can definitely live with that. I don't know if it was just mine, or if it is common in all Vintera Jazzmasters.

Anyway, I am very happy with the guitar now. We should have some videos of me playing it with the band on the website and/or facebook page soon.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

I played the Vintera ‘60s Jaguar in Ocean Turquoise the other day at a store. What a beautiful color with the matching headstock, and the tortoiseshell guard. I am very tempted to get it. Didn’t get to play it through a proper Fender amp, but it played good and sounded good through the setup it went through. The only thing I could see upgrading possibly is the pickups to the Pure Vintage 65s but again, I didn’t play it through a Deluxe/Princeton Reverb so I can’t speak to the true tone of it in that sense. Might be fine as is. Did I mention the color Cool

Last edited: Jul 03, 2021 17:38:18

I owned a Vintera Modified Jaguar for a short time. For what little it’s worth, I’ll post my impressions.

The neck is there “C” profile and I found it comfortable. It’s substantial, but not on Louisville Slugger territory. The frets are medium jumbo, which is OK by me, but it’s not a fretless wonder. The humbuckers were not bad sounding, at all. It obviously didn’t sound like a vintage Jag with single coils, but it was a good sound. The roller pots were repurposed to allow you to change each pickup to single coil mode. The single coil sound surprised me; it was a lot better than I would have imagined, but it’s still not exactly the classic Jack sound. It is, however, a good sound and I would advise that anyone interested in one of these give it a good listen before buying replacement pickups. The OEMs might just work for you.

The build quality was excellent and I have no complaints in that regard. I ended up sending mine back, but I think that the color was the deciding factor. Among my collection of Gretsch guitars, my natural Guild T-400 and my amber flame maple top Tele, a Surf Green Jag stood out like a whore in church and I just couldn’t get used to it. At this late stage in life, I have developed a strong preference for sunbursts, translucent finishes or, at the very least, warm colors.

Also, honorable mention for the tailpiece being closer to the bridge and tune-o-matic. The greater downforce was welcome and beneficial. I’ve owned one other (CIJ) Jaguar and I have a (MIJ) Bass VI. The Offset bridge and tailpiece don’t provide a lot of downforce. I won’t go so far as to say that they aren’t capable of being playable, but I think that the simple act of moving the tailpiece towards the bridge goes a long way towards improving matters in a way that is all but invisible to the casual observer.

If the Vintera Modified Jaguar had been sunburst or CAR, chances are good that I would have kept it. I probably would have bought Fender Vintage style pickups and rewired It to recover the rhythm circuit, which I think is a wonderful idea.

The most significant impression that my Vintera experience left with me was that of quality. The fit and finish were exceptional.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3