Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink The Blair-Pongracic Band Eastern Seaboard Tour, June 16-24

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

I am very excited to announce that The Blair Pongracic Band will be reconvening this June for a 9-day tour of the Eastern Seaboard of the US! Here is the full schedule:

June 16 (Fr) - Atlanta, GA - Star Bar w/ The Mystery Men? and The Surge
June 17 (Sa) - Charlotte, NC - Snug Harbor w/ Aqualads & Phatlynx
June 18 (Su) - Carrboro, NC - The Station w/ Phatlynx and El Mirage
June 19 (Mo) - Washington, DC - Hill country BBQ/DC w/ Atomic Mosquitos
June 20 (Tu) - Long Branch, NJ - The Brighton Bar w/ The Coffin Daggers and Blue Wave Theory
June 21 (We) - Brooklyn, NY - Lucky 13 Saloon w/ The Coffin Daggers
June 22 (Th) - Cleveland, OH - The Happy Dog w/ Surfer Rex & The Kahuna Kings
June 23 (Fr) - Cincinnati, OH - Urban Artifact w/ The AmpFibians and
Grateful Surf
June 24 (Sa) - Indianapolis, IN - Melody Inn w/ The Katatonics and Thee Aquaholics

The Blair Pongracic Band features the legendary surf music musician and historian John Blair (Jon and the Nightriders) on one guitar and me (The Madeira, The Space Cossacks, The Troubadours) on the other. We are extremely fortunate to once again be joined by the incredible rhythm section of Dane Carter (The Madeira, The Troubadours) on drums and Jeremy DeHart (Aqualads) on bass. Our first performance was at the 2015 Surfer Joe Festival in Livorno, Italy (after which the festival organizer Lorenzo Valdambrini declared "It is without any doubt that the highlight of the festival was the Blair-Pongracic Band"), immediately followed by a tour of Spain, and then last summer a brief California tour (after our show at Winters Tavern in Pacifica, the iconic frontman Jello Biafra of Dead Kennedys approached us to tell us that was the best surf music show he had ever seen). And we are extremely happy to be able to now bring this show to the Eastern Seaboard of the US! We'll be performing songs by Jon and the Nightriders, The Madeira, The Space Cossacks as well as some surf classics and a few surprises. We really hope many of you can join us! See you in June!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Last edited: Mar 05, 2017 16:43:07

Woohoo!! So excited!!!

Mark your calendars East Coasters, you don't want to miss these guys!

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

I'll be at the Urban Artifact in Cincinnati on June 23'rd! Groovy Monkey Guitar Rock Cheers I'm so excited. Big Grin

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Wow, this is so cool. So many people are in for a real treat.
Am going to hawk this thread in case anything shifts one time-zone to the left.
Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Wow, great news!!!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Ivan,
That's an ambitious schedule... especially the Brooklyn one night and then Cleveland the night after. That's a good 500 miles. Is your crew going to do marathon driving?
And - for Brooklyn/Long Branch
If you need equipment (maybe you blew an amp or otherwise) just give me a call. I think there's a bit more stuff in my stash than you saw on your last visit some centuries ago.

Keep it in your back pocket - Have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it as I always say.

Perhaps we will cross paths In Long Branch or Brooklyn.
Have a good tour..
J Mo'

Thanks, all! We're very excited about it and looking forward to it. Getting to do this the past two years has been one of the all-time highlights of my musical life, so I can't wait to do it again! Our setlist features nine of John's and my songs that are in the North Sea Surf Music Radio's recent American Top 101 list, and a big chunk of the rest of the setlist coming from either NSSR's Classic Surf Top 101 or Surf Revival Top 101. It's an incredibly fun setlist both to play as well as hear in person! Smile

Lorenzo wrote the following on Facebook: "Let me give you a summary of this event: great people, loud music, surf, fun, unique show. If they come close to you and you miss them, it is highly probable that you are an idiot." Big Grin Need we say more??

(Johnny Mosrite: yes, the Brooklyn to Cleveland drive is not gonna be a fun one, but most of the rest of our daily drives will be 3-4 hours or less, so not too bad. That's what touring is all about! And yes, it'll be just the four of us in one vehicle. Thanks also very much for offering your gear, that's very kind of you! I'll definitely keep it in mind.)

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Ivan,
Yeah sure..one never knows
I have to say, Ivan, you run the gamut - high to low - of interesting visits on the East coast. I've seen you on Fox News and Stossel. Now you're going to play your guitar in the classic definition of a "dive" in Brooklyn.

Ivan, be careful in that "Lucky 13 Saloon" Brooklyn neighborhood. It's borderline sketchy. It's in an area I would advise an invading army to stay out of. Have you looked at the Lucky 13 Saloon on Google Maps? It's a very narrow converted garage - the type that mobsters used to take their "whacks" (New York euphemism for persons whose life force suddenly ended) for disposal. Viewing thru Google Maps, note the hold-over-from-the-1970s full graffiti on neighboring buildings.
Well - I guess you played worse places..
Again.. have a good tour.. stay safe
J Mo'

Umm, it's not a sketchy neighborhood,don't let him scare you. It used to be kind of run down, but now it's pretty much over run by yuppies and hipsters spilt over from Park Slope a few blocks away, hell it's right by the Barclay Center and the Brooklyn Academy of music for f's sake! Sure there's also a projects a few blocks away too, but there's one by Otto's shrunken head as well, that's New York. Sorry that it doesn't meet your standards mr. M, but I think the venue is perfectly fine. It's a pseudo biker/metal bar, with scantily clad tattooed girls dancing on the bar. They have a good stage, a good pa in the large back room and no aversion to loud music. We've played there twice and it was great. We played there with Purple Knif and the Atomic Mosquitoes and Black Flamingos and they all had a fine time. I booked this show, and I would not lead these guys astray, besides I don't think Ivan would have any problem with a bar with a big Lemmy poster on the (working) bathroom door! We used to have our rehearsal room right around the corner from there for six years with no problems, and it was all warehouses around there back then. My ex girlfriend and my organist both lived around there too when it was more affordable, also problem free. All that said, I think the Melody Inn is in a much worse area with all the crack heads and derelicts hanging around. I was much more on edge there than anywhere in NY! You'll be more than fine.

https://www.facebook.com/coffindagger
http://coffindaggers.com/
http://thecoffindaggers.bandcamp.com

Last edited: Mar 04, 2017 17:01:02

Stossel... lmao. Clearly an example of a venue that had too much dreamy-eyed punk for the opening act and not enough reality-based Madeira reverb at the tail end. (Yes, that link is filed under my Madeira tabs.)

Keep truckin' guys - you have & are doing great things. Maybe you can get your compass pointed a bit more NW sometime. (And haul all the blonde stuff.)
Big Grin

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

psychonaut wrote:

I don't think Ivan would have any problem with a bar with a big Lemmy poster on the (working) bathroom door!

Headbang Headbang Headbang I'm sold!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Definitely not sketchy at all!
We just played there last year, it's a totally gentrified hipster neighborhood now.
My favorite part was some of us stayed at the Holiday Inn that was literally so close to the bar you could almost pick up the hotel's wifi in the bar.

psychonaut wrote:

Umm, it's not a sketchy neighborhood,don't let him scare you. It used to be kind of run down, but now it's pretty much over run by yuppies and hipsters spilt over from Park Slope a few blocks away, hell it's right by the Barclay Center and the Brooklyn Academy of music for f's sake! Sure there's also a projects a few blocks away too, but there's one by Otto's shrunken head as well, that's New York. Sorry that it doesn't meet your standards mr. M, but I think the venue is perfectly fine. It's a pseudo biker/metal bar, with scantily clad tattooed girls dancing on the bar. They have a good stage, a good pa in the large back room and no aversion to loud music. We've played there twice and it was great. We played there with Purple Knif and the Atomic Mosquitoes and Black Flamingos and they all had a fine time. I booked this show, and I would not lead these guys astray, besides I don't think Ivan would have any problem with a bar with a big Lemmy poster on the (working) bathroom door! We used to have our rehearsal room right around the corner from there for six years with no problems, and it was all warehouses around there back then. My ex girlfriend and my organist both lived around there too when it was more affordable, also problem free. All that said, I think the Melody Inn is in a much worse area with all the crack heads and derelicts hanging around. I was much more on edge there than anywhere in NY! You'll be more than fine.

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

I'll defer to Psychonaut's assessment. I just remember co-workers at my then Brooklyn job site a few year's back giving me some warnings about the area.
In comparison to Psycho's opinion of the Melody Club area, this is probably thin soup. So you've probably seen worse, Ivan.
All conditions relative - or something.
Again.. have a good tour, Ivan

Woot! Woot! Super looking forwrd to this!!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

The Kahuna Kings added to the Cleveland show! Great news!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

IvanP wrote:

The Kahuna Kings added to the Cleveland show! Great news!

Awesome news Ivan. Go get 'em KK! Cool

Wes

Just got the word! How exciting is that! Get to meet two of my all time favorite surf guitarists and play on the same bill! Surfs up in Cleveland!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The Kahuna Kings

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Kahuna-Kings/459752090818447

https://thekahunakings.bandcamp.com/releases

Oh yes..We're all waiting here in Cincinnati for this tidal wave to hit as well. We better board up the windows and sand bag the doors Looks like Hurricane BlairPongracic is about to hit land!!

http://www.reverbnation.com/theampfibians
http://www.reverbnation.com/thesouthgateboys

BIG announcement!! The Blair Pongracic Band and Atomic Mosquitos will be recording our Monday, June 19th show at Hill country BBQ/DC in Washington DC by none other than Bruce Kane, the man behind all the Space Cossacks recordings! But wait, there's more!!! We will have two very special guests join us for that show, too: Catherine Gray and Doug Hoekstra of the Space Cossacks! Not to be missed!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1843195799287246/

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next