Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
147 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink Letter from a "not amused" North Sea Surf Radio listener

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

There's no way around technical problems other than digging in a bit. If Flash works, then it usually works indiscriminately.
Las_Barracudas, what is the version no. you are using?
You sure no anti-ad/anti-script plugins are on?
Have you tried all other methods that were recommended?

Here's a clean installation step by step for PC that is quite bulletproof, for anyone experiencing problems:

1. Backup! your system.

2. Download, install and run the Flash Player uninstaller tool from the bottom of this page.

3. Download, install and run Ccleaner, to remove any registry leftovers and junk files. It is safe, but use intelligently!

4. Download latest Firefox or Chrome. These are portable versions. Clean, no plug-ins, no registry, no mess.

5. Install into folder of your choosing.

6. Download, install and run latest Flash beta for your specific system from top of this page again.

7. run browser you installed at step 4. Goto NSSR, enjoy.

If that doesn't work, paint it blue and throw it to sea. Whatever

NSSR does provide multiple listening options that should reasonably suit any user. On top of that though, a modern HTML5 player could be an even more stable and widespread solution, amongst it's other advantages.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014 07:46:50

To bring this thread back to the original topic.
I've had a couple "friends" recently tell me they wish that the Djs would talk less. And even go so far as to complain about the songs being played. They only want to hear 60s surf. And when 60s surf is being played, if its something they don't know, then they complain again.
Ugh.....
That guy needs to put on a Rhino top 20 best of surf on replay over and over.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014 10:46:33

No DJ???? WTH???? What would WKRP have been without Venus......without Dr. Johnny Fever???? NOTHING!!!!!! Nothing at all!!!!!!

(surf purist in Silver Spring? If he replies back, ask him if he plays guitar. Big Grin )

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3