SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

Emilien03: REVERBIA // NORTH SEA SURF RADIO ALL NEW SHOW TODAY! TUNE IN AND ENJOY ... SUNDAY APRIL 30TH, 2017 8 AM (PDT)// 10 AM (CDT)// 5 PM (CEST) REVERBIA ... THE SACRED CITY WHERE INSTRUMENTAL SURF MUSIC LIVES!
83 days ago

Rideatriumph: Just got a 1963 dano pro after 15 years of not playing. Going to try surf rock and see how I like it.
63 days ago

bigtikidude: The FB event page for the SG101 Convention: https://m.fa...
47 days ago

Emilien03: Get yours!
46 days ago

Emilien03: https://surf...
46 days ago

TommyCGuitar: Check out my new surf guitar instrumental EP "Mojado Rodadora" at https://www....
40 days ago

mom_surfing: ted pilgrim.....your mailbox is full
40 days ago

spskins: Mom, it should be clear now
40 days ago

bigtikidude: Surf Guitar 101 convention coming up in less than a month, Aug 4-6
11 days ago

Syndicateofsurf: Oh won't somebody listen to my new song by my new band The Banganators??? On the Sea Where You Surf- It's got it's own thread and everything. Just about to sink under the sea of guitar-mods talk. You will be my new best friend. LEAVE A COMMENT!
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

63%

63%

Donate Now

SG101 2006-2017

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Telecaster ~ Surf Guitar?

New Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 29 10 11 12 13

Your thinline is very cool, glad you're digging it.

My "refinocaster" is based on a Blackguard-ish vibe, albeit, one that's been stripped and refinished.
Yes, I'm weird, LOL.

Pictures in a few days.

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

I'll certainly stay tuned in.

Nebula V

So as of this morning the project is at this stage.
Waiting for the pickups to come in now.
I'll probably string it up again before the pickups arrive because...I love guitars and I'm excited.

Cheers,
Jeff

image

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

nicely done. and not overdone.

Nebula V

I have a Strat with vintage pups and a full floating whammy which I use mainly for surf and I like the neck and bridge combination the best (after a simple mod). But my number 1 guitar is a Tele I put together from Warmoth parts. If I want to play some surf without switching guitars I will use the Tele with the neck and bridge pup combination and it sounds very good to my ears but not as surfy as the Strat.
image

Gravitational_wave_rider wrote:

image

Okay, I'll bite. What's the story behind the googly eyes theme ?
Also, that Sonic Gray AP Jag looks gorgeous Drool I'd love to hear what you think of it, but perhaps in that thread rather than here so as to keep things on topic.

Old punks never die... They just become surf rockers.

LeeVanCleef wrote:

Gravitational_wave_rider wrote:

image

Okay, I'll bite. What's the story behind the googly eyes theme ?
Also, that Sonic Gray AP Jag looks gorgeous Drool I'd love to hear what you think of it, but perhaps in that thread rather than here so as to keep things on topic.

Just trying to remind myself not to stare at my guitar the whole time I play it. I'm trying to learn to make my playing second nature...kind of like driving and drinking a coke..haha! (and I may be a little weird) After I did it I kind of liked the look.

I will comment on my Jag in the thread you suggested.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017 18:40:13

Gravitational_wave_rider wrote:

Just trying to remind myself not to stare at my guitar the whole time I play it. I'm trying to learn to make my playing second nature...kind of like driving and drinking a coke..haha! (and I may be a little weird) After I did it I kind of liked the look.

As a secret fan of googly eyebombing, I find that pretty awesome.

Old punks never die... They just become surf rockers.

Of course it works for surf!!

Obviously taken before PU installation. Bridge is Bill Lawrence Keystone and neck is old '68 rewind.

image

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 12:14:58

tele_45 wrote:

Of course it works for surf!!

Obviously taken before PU installation. Bridge is Bill Lawrence Keystone and neck is old '68 rewind.

Hey, mine has no pickups either, yet. Later this week.
Chipper - told you I couldn't wait to string it up, LOL

image

image

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

SinNombre wrote:

I have a Strat with vintage pups and a full floating whammy which I use mainly for surf and I like the neck and bridge combination the best (after a simple mod). But my number 1 guitar is a Tele I put together from Warmoth parts. If I want to play some surf without switching guitars I will use the Tele with the neck and bridge pup combination and it sounds very good to my ears but not as surfy as the Strat.
image

I concur. To me the trad Tele nails an authentic 60s studio sound - Beach Boys & Gary Usher (Wrecking Crew - who is that? Glen C? Tommy T?), Gene Moles, and Pre-surf 50s music, especially anything Rockabilly (Luther P., George Barnes, J. Burton, Cliff G.) - but not self-conscious Surf surf music. It's not as muscular or girthy. Too easy to bend strings on a Tele with 10s! Surf is not so bendy, and I can't drill on those light gauge strings like I can on heavier flats.

Squink Out!

This guy (Jason Hobbs) makes his Tele surf.

Gravitational_wave_rider wrote:

This guy (Jason Hobbs) makes his Tele surf.

Very nice version!

Goto Page: Previous 1 29 10 11 12 13
Top