Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink 2017 Fender American Professional Series Jags & Jazzmasters

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

This is the only information I can find.

2017 AMERICAN PROFESSIONAL JAZZMASTER/JAGUAR

METEOR IV on reverbnation

Interesting.
The four way pick-up selector on the Jag is very much like the Johnny Marr Jag.

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

That thread at OSG has all the info. $1499, shipping soon. My only complaint is that I wish they'd made the new "mystic seafoam" color available on the Jaguar, but maybe they will.

More info.
Not sure if I'm inspired by the description of the V Mod pickups.
Guess I'd have to hear them. And I'm personally not crazy about the maple neck, but they do have a rosewood option.

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

Maple necks?!?

Puke

They're advertising maple and rosewood.

If the Jazzmaster doesn't have a 22 fret neck what the hell good is it? I wish Fender/Squier would enter the 21st Century and offer all guitars save for "Vintage" models with 22 fret necks.

Fender Announcement

Are they worth $500 more than my lacquer Jaguar and Jazzmaster?

I don't think so.

GregEL wrote:

I don't think so.

If the fretwork is nicer then it is worth $500 more. The Lacquer series is great and is the best deal going, but the fretwork could be improved.

GregEL wrote:

I don't think so.

If you prefer 9.5" radius they are.

Also, being MIA matters to some people

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016 10:07:14

This maybe off topic, but to see Nick Reinhart doing a demo for Fender,Very Cool!

Salud!

Mark

I'll definitely give one a close look when they are available. Hopefully the QC will be top-notch on these?

Well, unfortunately these models seem to have some consistent QC issues. I sent back a Fender Troy Van Leeuwen Signature Jazzmaster for the same problem indicated in the review. No

FENDER AMERICAN PRO JAZZMASTER & JAGUAR: FIRST IMPRESSIONS AND IN-DEPTH REVIEW

For those of you (us) who are interested in the new Fender Professional Series Offset Guitars, I just read an interesting article on Mike And Mikes Guitar Bar website. (It was posted March '17.)

Mike Adams obtained a Pro Series Jazzmaster, and removed the pickguard. It's what he found when he examined the new V Mod pickups that may, or may not, surprise you.

If you're as much of a gear head as I am, you may find it worth a few minutes to read.

YMMV

-Cheers, Clark-

-Less Paul, more Reverb-

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017 21:25:02

Michael also wrote the cover story for the new Premier Guitar issue! It is on the Jag/JM vibrato.

This is a great reminder actually, thanks!

Thanks for the heads up on that, Jake.

Mike tweaked my Jaguar for me a couple of years ago, and when it comes to Offset Guitars, he's The Man. I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say. Thanks again.

-Cheers, Clark-

-Less Paul, more Reverb-

Yeah, no doubt. Anything with extra space between the bridge and the tailpiece he really is the guy for. He gets why people play guitars like that and he wants to make them playable, first and foremost.

He's one of my best friends and the quality of work he does for someone of the street is no worse than what he would do for me.

Also, check out his Fretboard Journal interview with Nels Cline! A few months back. November or so?

Well,I started lusting for this Jag because I really like how it looked and how it sounded in the demos on YT. I got lucky and found a guy who was selling his and I saved a bunch of money buying it used. I'm not sure why he wanted to sell it because it was in perfect, like new, condition. The only thing wrong when I got it was the whammy bar was very loose so I had to take it apart and tighten/adjust the spring tension and locking tab. This is my first guitar with a 9.5" neck...I like the feel but I prefer playing the Jaz and do most of my practicing on it...I just think the 7.25 fits my hand better but I am sure most people would be quite happy with the 9.5". It seems to be missing some of the highs I was expecting so I turn the presence up a lot on my amp. The strat has a 12", the Jaz and Tele have 7.25"s. I love playing the Jaz when I'm playing garage rock or something like "Rumble". The Jag sounds good when I play "Sleepwalk or Wlaking in the Air", I like the Tele for Rockabilly but it will definitely surf...and the Strat sounds good all the time. I am 64 and have only been playing for about 10 months but since I'm retired I have a lot of time to pursue my hobbies. I hope to be good enough in a year or so to play for free at a bar, late at night, after everyone is real drunk so they think I'm a good guitarist. Aim high in life.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017 20:01:31

Goto Page: 1 2 Next