Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink first video from Sound of the Surf - the Madeira

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

Rats! Will somebody ever guess the flub DP noticed, that is if it truly exists.

I was going to chime in on this song a little more but work interrupted me. Beautiful playing. Reminds me of Jewel of Duende but it sounds fuller and the melody makes my brain work harder(which is a good thing). One of my favorite instro tracks.

I know where the note is but won't tell Wink It was an "I meant to do that" moment and adds to the live-ness IMO it just adds to Ivan's virtuosity.

The video and music are EXACTLY as played and captured in one take with no edits or embellishments, except there is one shot (of the drums) that was taken from another take because the camera shook when I wanted THAT particular shot. Care to guess which one?? LOL, juz kiddin'

Sound of the Surf, the movie
Facebook SOTS

if you listen carefully to the video (instead of viewing the video), you might just hear the moment i describe...

(...but, in reality, my main intent was to give Ivan a hard time because he's such a perfectionista Wink )

Hmmm 1:17? My other guess would be 2:49, where Ivan just doesn't quite hit that note and it feels a little unstable.

dp
in reality, my main intent was to give Ivan a hard time because he's such a perfectionista

Yes, this is just a chance for all us normal Earthlings to feel good about our playing ability. In reality we're all jealous. Laughing

wooza
Hmmm 1:17?

OK, there are one or two notes at that point that are maybe not quite as defined as I would have liked, I picked a bit too softly, but I don't think that qualifies as a mistake.

My other guess would be 2:49, where Ivan just doesn't quite hit that note and it feels a little unstable.

Hmm, no, that sounds right to me, it's exactly what I was going for. I slid into that note. It's called 'playing with feeeeeeling,' Ben... Wink Wink

dp
in reality, my main intent was to give Ivan a hard time because he's such a perfectionista

Yes, this is just a chance for all us normal Earthlings to feel good about our playing ability. In reality we're all jealous. Laughing

Jealous of my mistake-making abilities? Very Happy I guess you still have to find the wrong note to get to that point.... Cool

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

I thought the mistake was played perfectly. Along with the rest of the song.
Really nice job by everyone envolved!!

Rick

Song sounds great - very beautiful.

Is there no love for any of the South Eastern Surf bands in the film? The South will rise again Ya'll!!!

RickRhoades
I thought the mistake was played perfectly. Along with the rest of the song. Really nice job by everyone involved!!

...yes, truly a masterful tune... Cool

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3