Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
332 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
259 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
259 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
179 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
157 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
126 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
119 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
80 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
13 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
13 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink FT: Fender J. Mascis Jazzmaster + 3 Fender Amps (WTTF:LP/SG)

Page 1 of 1

I've been considering trading off my J. Mascis JM. It's in mint condition and will also come with a brand new black tolex Fender/G&G case. I'm looking for a Les Paul/SG type of guitar, something with humbuckers. I'm not interested in faded LP/SG's or the vintage mahogany faded studio's, but pretty much any other LP/SG would interest me. I also dig the Guild Bluesbirds and would consider others. I don't have cash to add, but I've also got a couple of amps that may be on the block. I've got an original '65 Fender Champ Amp with a replacement Jensen Ceramic speaker. The tubes have been replaced with 2 JJ's and a Sovtek, but the original tubes are included. It's in great physical shape and it sounds killer. I've also got a US-made '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue in fabulous condition with a brand new complete set of JJ tubes and a MojoTone speaker (footswitch and cover are also included). It's got a small ding on the top and the tolex is peeling a bit on the bottom. Finally, I've got a Fender Super-Sonic 1x12 combo on the blonde/oxblood color scheme. It's in near mint condition with the cover and footswitch. So, if you've got something to offer, let me know and I can round up some pictures. My number 1 choice would be a Les Paul Classic, but as I said, I'll definitely consider others.

I will also sell the JM if I can come out with $700 after shipping and paypal charges. I took some pictures this morning, but took my camera to work and left it there, so I'll post the pictures tomorrow.

Any interest in an excellent condition Gibson '67 reissue V? It's heritage cherry, not the faded.

ElChivato
Any interest in an excellent condition Gibson '67 reissue V? It's heritage cherry, not the faded.

No, not into V's. Thanks for the offer.

$790 Shipped and Paypal'd inside the continental US including the Fender/G&G case.

I have USA Gibson Smartwood Exotic Les Paul that I might swap you for it if you are interested. I can't remember what the wood type is in the top right now, but I can check when I get home tonight. I know it is one of the models that was discontined first, so it is a bit more rare. If you're interested, let me know if you want a pics. Thanks, Marty

I still dont get it why this doesnt have a rocking bridge or a roller bridge.
how the hell do the strings change pitch?
do they slide over the bridge?
seems like they wouldn't go back to pitch if so.
especially the wound strings.

sorry for hijacking the thread, just some things that made me go HMMMMM

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I think the strings could have more chance to go back in tune without a rocking bridge. The bridge can stick more than the strings. Granted the problem with this is the string breakage. And proving either with scientifically would be incredibly hard. Problem with the rocking bridges is they essentially rest on two small points that are threaded. 1.) they may not sit exactly where they were last time, and 2.) when you lower the tension on the threads they might loosen/tighten and the bridge will drop and lower pitch and ruin the action. I've had trouble with this on my Jags and Jazzes. However, this is normally a problem over the course of a week or two. Non-rocking bridge won't have this issue. And Jeff is right about wound strings catching, however the

But seriously, strings not returning to pitch after trem usage isn't much of the bridges fault, in my opinion. I always think that problem lays with the headstock and nut portion of the guitar.

I love the Bigsby and ABR-1 bridge on my ES-355. No problems or complaints from me.

I'd change it over to a roller bridge. I did that on my Epi Wildkat and it worked a treat. The Wildkat had the same kind of bridge and it does fine as long as all the saddles are burr-free. You could also put in graphite saddles. The pitch changed just fine but there was some wear on the strings from the steel saddles.

Ain't nothin' don't taste better fried, and ain't nothin don't sound better with tremolo

BTW, I've seen and played Marty's Les Paul Smartwood and it is suweet. Gold hardware, too, if you're into that sorta thing.

Ain't nothin' don't taste better fried, and ain't nothin don't sound better with tremolo

PM Sent on the Smartwood. As far as tuning issues, I've owned 2 other Jazzmasters (1 AVRI, & 1 CIJ), and a Jaguar (AVRI) and this one has been the most stable of the bunch. I put liquid graphite in the nut slots and on the saddles (like I do with every guitar I own), but I've done nothing else to it. I don't get out of hand with the vibrato, but I definitely use it a lot, and it's very stable. I'd say J. switches to a tune-o-matic bridge for a reason. He has a bit more experience with Jazzmasters than I do.

Page 1 of 1