Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
331 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
258 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
258 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
178 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
156 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
125 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
118 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
79 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
13 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
13 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Anyone else suffer from SMA(Surf Music Addiction)?

Page 1 of 1

For over 10 years now I've been visiting music related forums. HC ,FDP,Jam Session, Telecaster,Les Pauls etc . I learn't a lot . Had some laughs ( The EVH
photoshop thread on HC is brilliant). I've collected some good gear... lots GAS?.

Last year I discovered SG101....... What a difference, great topics for discussion , photos and a great community spirit.
For a lifelong instrumental music fan It's a great feeling to know I'm not alone and there are over 1800 fellow members that share my passion.

I missed the Inaugural Surf Music Convention as I had to plan my upcoming trip to the USA to coincide with my daughters school breaks. Next year will be different,I've tentatively penciled in the dates for the next one .

Next month from Sept 20 till Oct 2 we'll be in LA and we'll be at Surfin Sundays hoping to meet some of you guys that live in the LA area.

Brian, you have a great site thanks for letting us share your passion for surf music, without this site Aug 2nd may never have happened.

Bigtikidude, thanks too for all your time and effort in organising this event. Judging by the response there were lots of us wishing we were there.

Next year.

Marty

I'm def a live surf music addict.
sometimes I go weeks without listening to cds.
but Live surf for me is where its at.
way more energy, than a cd.

thanks for the kind words about the sg101 convention,
hope you can make it next year.

see you in a few weeks.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

yeah, I admit it freely, as well

if it's a true 'addiction', at least it's legal and a healthy one!!

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

Hello. My name is John. I'm a Surf Music Addict.
<all> Hello John! </all>

I haven't listened to any sort of "popular" music for a decade or two, and listened mostly to Celtic, late 19th/early 20th century chamber music, and some of what would usually be classified as "World" music. And Kate Bush. And the usual "desert island collection" of Led Zeppelin, Cream, Hendrix, and Beatles of my formative years.

About two years ago I started collecting all manner of Indy music, mostly free sample tracks from Indy publishers and band web sites. Some industrial, a bit of punk, goth, shoegaze, math rock, etc. (Lord save me from "singer/songwriters" though, too depressing.) My son introduced me to Nine Inch Nails.

Then I hit on the SG101 2005 compilation, Man Or Astroman, Johnny and the Shamen, The Royal Pendletons, and Daikaiju, all within a month or so of each other, last winter.

I was hooked. I just hadda buy me a Strat and something for reverb.

I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

ME !!

And I do not want to cure myself

El Papu & los Fantasticos Reverberantes

I'm recovering, although I do wish there was more surfish instrumental out there. So much territory left to be uncovered.

JakeDobner
I'm recovering, although I do wish there was more surfish instrumental out there. So much territory left to be uncovered.

Jake you need to hit up the obscure vintage 60's instro realm and I'm not talking about The Ventures, Dick Dale, The Shadows or what I like call top 40s Surf Pipeline etc.. but man let me' tell ya there are so many awesome jems you need to discover.

I can hook you up just say the word Guitar

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

big_papu
ME !!

And I do not want to cure myself

But ... think about the children!!! Shocked
Uh ... never mind.

I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

Guilty! This SMA is interfering with my ability to listen to rockabilly.

I can honestly say I'm addicted. Have been for a long time. There is no cure that I know of other than complete hearing loss.

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

I listen to aolradio's surf rock channel at work all day and it makes my boss nuts cause they play alot of the same things over and over:)

I wanna play just like him when i grow up...

I have taken a bit of flac for my obssession for surf instro's from my friends and band mates.Hell I've even got in some near fist fights.Oh who am I kidding I (have) gotten in fist fights with strangers, band members,friends you name it.
My bass is convinced that the mark of a good song is the lyrics.What a idiot! ( he has also has a soft side for country music so go freakin' figure).

I insist it's the music that really draws the listener in,therefore that's why surf/instro music rules all.Surf music to me has all the good riffs and melody's.To top it off the greatest drummer's in the world.

Reverb, It's A Way Of Life!

Page 1 of 1