PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
183 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
161 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
130 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
123 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
84 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
17 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
17 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

0%

0%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Musician »

Permalink Secret Asian Man (from Korea)

Page 1 of 1

This is my one man Korean surf rock project. A mix of the old surf, new surf, garage, punk, Korean rock, and a Yamaha SGV. I recorded it all in my room on my laptop so any tips, comments, praises, death threats about the recordings and the songs are welcome. Smile

Let me know what you guys think. If anyone is in the Los Angeles area I will be performing some of these songs live at the Lotus Festival July the 12th.

www.myspace.com/secretasiansurf

Oh, and I haven't covered Secret Agent Man, for the record. ;)

Ignorance in Music is Ignorance in the Soul

"Secret Agent Man": You know, it always sounded like "Secret Asian Man" to me the way Johnny Rivers sang it. Oh, and by the way, good stuff. I drew White Mountain Lotus first and that's definitely got something.

DB5 is very cool!! Rock

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

This post has been removed by the author.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009 18:27:11

Thanks a lot guys! The words are much appreciated! What I really want to do with this project is incorporate and sample many different cultural sounds from all across Asia and the Pacific Islands. "Dragon" and "Lotus" were my "Asian" sounding songs, but I don't want to stop there.

Also, most people only really know about the Eniki and GS wave from Japan and aren't aware that other Asian countries had surf and rock groups around that time as well. That's why I did a cover of an old Korean rock tune from the early 1960's to show that Koreans could rock pretty hard back then too Razz

And sticking with the whole secret agent thing, even though I didn't add the soundbyte for the song, DB5 was written after the Aston Martin DB5 which is reknowned as the Bond car.

Once again, thanks a lot guys, and I checked out your groups and was blown away. Ryan, I'm gonna try to make it out to the Safari Sams show in Hollywood, that's if I make it back from my show in Vegas on time. : )

SecretAsianMan
Ryan, I'm gonna try to make it out to the Safari Sams show in Hollywood, that's if I make it back from my show in Vegas on time. : )

Cool! Look forward to meeting you if you make it out

Ryan

SecretAsianMan

I checked out all your sounds on your page. I think they are refreshing.
You got something going on there.
Keep at it.

Welcome to SG101!

Joel

Thanks! I'm gonna release a 12 song album all I have to do is mix and master the songs. The ones I have up are rough mixes but shouldn't sound too different from the final copy seeing as how my mastering tools are very limited. I think I'll just put them up on a site for people to hear and download. I actually tried joining this forum a few months ago when I first decided to write and record a surf album but didn't get around to actually joining and posting until now. It's a great site and I'm happy I found it.

And Ryan, do you know if the show is 21 and up? A lot of the Safari Sams shows tend to be that way and I'm only 20 so I can't get in a lot of the times.

SecretAsianMan
And Ryan, do you know if the show is 21 and up? A lot of the Safari Sams shows tend to be that way and I'm only 20 so I can't get in a lot of the times.

SecretAsianMan, I just sent you a PM!

Ryan

Secret Asain Man,
the Safari Sams show is all ages and free.
just please buy some food and soda or water while your there.
Wink

also they are playing at the Surfing Museum in Huntington Beach
the next day,
and that is free and all ages too.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Awesome! Thanks guys!

Ruhar
DB5 is very cool!! Rock

Agreed.

Also liked "Cross the DMZ".

I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.

Nice songs, dude.
Cool

Greetings from Spain!

2 new songs up. Not instrumental, vocal tracks they are hehehe.

One is a song (one of three covers I do of the Korean godfather of rock) done by Shin Joong Hyun who primarily did psychedelic music and single-handedly brought rock music to Korea starting as early as the 1950's following the Korean War.

The second is an original tune that I modelled after Dick Dale and several others.

I was gonna have the CD ready by the convention so that I can hand it out to anyone who wanted a copy but I ended up showing up late... : (

But maybe you guys saw me there heh heh.

I saw you there only in a photograph after the fact!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Haha, yeah. I showed up pretty late, but I was there for about 2-3 hours just hanging out with my buddy, just kind of chillin. We were kinda hard to miss though. An Asian punk and a guy with some crazy hair.

I'm gonna be done with all the post-production stuff, mixing, mastering, etc, and will probably have the album available for download from an online site or something.

Page 1 of 1