Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
330 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
258 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
258 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
178 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
156 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
125 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
118 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
79 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
12 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
12 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink 1963 Fender Jaguar Body- Stripped

Page 1 of 1

I recently got this body in a very confusing trade.

It has been stripped of its original finish and clear-coated. No, I am not the dirty skunk that did it- I received it this way. I will say that whoever did remove the original finish did a halfway decent job; the contours still look correct when I compare this body to my AVRI Jazzmaster. There is still evidence in the cavities that it started life as a sunburst-finished body, and there appears to be a date (2/63) written in the trem cavity in pencil under the original finish. The nail-holes are present, as are the plugs in the back of the body. The overall condition of this body is pretty good- it has a few minor dings and scratches and your typical basement refinish job, but it would be really nice if properly refinished.

I figure I have around $400.00 +/- tied up in this thing, and I'd like to make a couple of bucks from it, if possible, plus shipping. There's one on ebay right now with a buy it now price of $1100.00. Mine is comparable to that one, but without the shielding and other metal parts- it's just the body. I am not delusional and do not expect to get anywhere near that much for this thing, but if you make me a reasonable offer, it could be your next project. I'd rather not list this on ebay.

I do not use an image host, so I cannot upload pictures to this ad (unless someone can tell me how to do it without image hosting, but remember, I'm a bit older, and not quite as computer savvy as some of you youngsters!), but I can e-mail you pictures on request.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1