Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
330 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
258 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
258 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
178 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
156 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
125 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
118 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
79 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
12 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
12 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink *** SOLD **** Vintage 1964 Fender Jaguar Sunburst / SF, CA

Page 1 of 1

I'm selling my vintage Jaguar on ebay and SF Bay Craigslist

1964 Fender Jaguar Sunburst - Very Good condition - All Original w/original black tolex case and original trem-arm.

This is a very clean vintage package with no modifications, structural issues or other nonsense. The 6th string bridge screw is a replacement, and I don’t have the original.

Neck stamp: 1 SEP 64 B and both Pot Codes read 3046421.

This guitar was serviced in April 2008 by noted Bay Area luthier Mike Gold (Gryphon Stringed Instruments) with .11 DR Pure Nickel Blues strings.

This guitar plays easy, is easy to adjust, and has a very balanced sound that was noticeably less dark then my other Jags. The trem stays in tune, and it produces a very loud acoustic sound. This guitar is an amazing player and I have enjoyed it immensely. I am selling because I got a '64 Jazzmaster that is rocking my socks and my wallet.

The 1964 Jaguar is my favorite year for the Jaguar. It doesn’t have the slab fingerboard, but the price and availability is a lot nicer than the ’62. I like the clay dot inlays (’62-64). The ’64 has a slightly different sunburst than the ’62-63 which has less red and more yellow which really makes it stand out from the re-issues. The pickups on the 1964 got raised pole pieces which gives it more bite and balance on the top end.

Last edited: May 13, 2008 23:00:57

3250.00 + 163.69 to ship? Rolling Eyes

seafoamjohnny_

my ebay auction is a no-reserve auction starting at 1$. I use UPS 3-day select at 29lbs and 53"x23"x11" (oversize box 2). Quality shipping very expensive, but not as expensive as a snapped headstock.

Very Happy

Faster shipping does not equal safer shipping.

The best shipped guitar I ever got wasn't even in a real box. The wrapped the case, tightly, twice in bubble wrap and wrapped the bubble wrap very tightly with cardboard. Brilliant packaging.

brock

seafoamjohnny_

my ebay auction is a no-reserve auction starting at 1$. I use UPS 3-day select at 29lbs and 53"x23"x11" (oversize box 2). Quality shipping very expensive, but not as expensive as a snapped headstock.

Very Happy

Actually, a headstock repair at my local shop is $120 and I saw others on the internet for $100. Shipping should be $40 for a guitar. So in actuality a snapped headstock is cheaper or the same price as quality shipping.

Also, when was the last time you saw a fender with a snapped headstock? Especially one that was in a case. I saw a tele survive a 20 foot throw with a 10 foot drop off.

Any damage to this guitar in shipping would ruin the deal the risk is unacceptable. In my experience, faster shipping is safer shipping. The less time they have to break it the better. Usually things arrive safe, but I have shipped enough guitars which didn't that I choose UPS 3day.

Page 1 of 1