Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
331 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
259 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
259 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
179 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
157 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
126 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
119 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
80 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
13 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
13 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink The Volcanos at Detroit Autorama March 7

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4

NicholausLee

i love that yellow Deuce Coupe

I hate to call you out on this, but that's not a "deuce coupe", it's actually a 2 door sedan.

Oh Snap!!

I am super sweet
www.myspace.com/thetremblors

Cool photos guys! Thanks!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

NicholausLee

i love that yellow Deuce Coupe

I hate to call you out on this, but that's not a "deuce coupe", it's actually a 2 door sedan. Either way though, yes, it is an amazing car. I don't know if you read the plaque next to it, but apparently it was the last car built by the guy who built it (the name is slipping me at the moment) before he died from a massive asthma attack. Kind of tragic.

a coupe is a 2-door sedan, but i was wrong anyways as it actually has 4. the 'deuce' is slang for for early 30's production of the Ford coupe, which it at least looks to be an early 30's ford to me...

The Tremblors on Facebook!

The Tremblors on MySpace!

a coupe is a 2-door sedan, but i was wrong anyways as it actually has 4. the 'deuce' is slang for for early 30's production of the Ford coupe, which it at least looks to be an early 30's ford to me...

Sedan...

Coupe...

There is also a 4 door version of the 32 ford, but you'll notice that both those vehicles has 2. I believe "deuce" refers to the fact that it is a 2 door, then coupe, because it is a coupe model. So I guess "deuce sedan" would be an accurate description. I could be wrong about this, but that has always been my understanding since I was just a little kid, I'm not trying to be a douche about this Josh, just trying to find out if I've been wrong for all these years or not. If anyone else wants to jump in, please do.

http://about.me/nicholaus.lee

I thought the deuce came from the the 2 in '32.
Gearheads?

The Volcanos

RickVolcano_
I thought the deuce came from the the 2 in '32.
Gearheads?

it did.

however, it seems to be a more general term from the era, thus me saying "early 30's"...it's hard to look at a car and nail it down to the exact year like that. however, Deuce is specifically supposed to be Ford.

but Nicholaus you are right about the coupe term, i didn't pay much attention to the backside of the car. i also thought i saw 2 door handles on the one side, so i withdraw that. coupes can still have backseats, though, just look at the differences between the 80's chevy caprice coupes and sedans(im using this as an example because i have one) the coupe still has a backseat, but less room in back with only 2 doors. they look pretty much the same but the coupe is a bit shorter.

regardless, it still reminds me of the "piss yellow Deuce Coupe" from American Graffiti, one of my fave movies.

The Tremblors on Facebook!

The Tremblors on MySpace!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4