PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
180 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
158 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
126 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
120 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
81 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
14 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
14 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
4 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Another new member

Page 1 of 1

Hi,

I'm Ted, and I'm new to Surf Guitar. I'm actually fairly new to guitar in general, I've only been playing for a few months; but I've been listening to it for decades. (ok, a couple of decades, I'm not that old) So I've made a few posts already, but I see that this is the forum to actually introduce ourselves. As I've said, I've only been playing since last May. I just recently got Dano Hodad from my wife because she decided that she'd rather hear me try to play surf guitar than talk about how I wished I could play surf guitar. Good wife. I posted a picture of the Dano in the new gear forum, but I'm sure you're all familiar with how one looks. Anyway, I really like the forums so far and the tab section has been a nice resource, especially since I'm just learning how to play guitar at all. I guess that's about it.

Welcome to the site!!!!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Welcome sir,
what does your user name mean?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Welcome. And here's to your good wife!

CUTBACK

Congrats on becoming a part of this great forum. Really, I think the coolest people who play or support this music by their interest are here . . and so helpful too. You are definitely in the right place to start playing surf music!!

Surf's Up Everyday Around Here Ted!
Welcome to SG101!!!

The Mighty Surf Lords- Sparks,Nv.
"Praise The Lords"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHTDYfy0xM8
www.myspace.com/themightysurflords
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mightysurflords

Welcome to SG101
Cheers
Kyle

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

xbted

Your hodad will get you star ted ( yes thats a play on words there). Have you folks seen his Hodad over in the gear section, really cool!)
Anyways, watch out for the dreaded GAS problem associated with guitars, and amps, and guitars, and amps, and, amps, and did I say guitars, especially around this forum! Groovy

'and as I said over in the gear section, Welcome to SG101! Very Happy

Joel

Welcome aboard Ted!!

Welcome Ted! Don't mind me, much...I own some guitars with (gasp) humbucker pickups. Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink

Matt

Fast Cars & Loud Guitars!

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome!!!

First off, my screen name comes from a combination of my name, Ted, and the acronym for a device used in oceanography called an expendable bathythermograph. An expendable bathythermograph, or XBT for short, is used to measure water temperature versus depth. Anyway, it makes for a nice, short, yet memorable screen name. And everything with 'X' in the name sounds more exciting, i.e. x-files, x-games, xbted, etc....

Second, I have guitars with humbuckers too! I have an Ibanez destroyer that I upgraded with some Tom Anderson pickups and push-pull pots for some series-parallel action. That's my hard rockin' guitar.

And third, once again, thanks for the warm welcome. I think if there was an award for friendliest forums that this would definitely come in first place. It's number one in my bookmarks now at least!

Welcome to the forums , xbted. Very Happy

Augusto Vite

www.facebook.com/carne.y.cosas

xbted
An expendable bathythermograph, or XBT for short, is used to measure water temperature versus depth. Anyway, it makes for a nice, short, yet memorable screen name. And everything with 'X' in the name sounds more exciting, i.e. x-files, x-games, xbted, etc....

Darn, I was going to guess that was what it was. Rolling Eyes

Welcome aboard Ted, glad to have you amongst us, even if you buck the hum.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Page 1 of 1