Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
265 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
258 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
219 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
152 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
152 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
139 days ago

dp: dude
120 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
75 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
59 days ago

GDW: showman
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

84%

84%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Squier Classic Vibe 70s Jaguar setup

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

IceratzSurf wrote:

When I set out to modify this Jaguar HH, little did I fully understand the bridge and string break angle issues of most offset guitars.

https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/35154/

But after the conversion to single coil and upgraded AM Pro bridge did I realize that the original HH had the tremelo set 1.5" further forward than traditional Jaguar setups, thus allowing more string break angle to the bridge.
Lucky me!
It definitely is more stable than a " correct period" Jaguar layout.
Makes me question why there have not been more discussion on making custom offsets with the tremelo tail shifted forward to accomplish this age old issue?

Before the Vintera instruments came out, there was a MIM Player Jaguar that had the tailpiece closer to the bridge and single coils. Before I bought my Squier CV 70’s Jaguar, but couldn’t find one. I actually pulled the trigger on two, which were advertised on eBay, but as it turns out, neither seller actually had the item, so I ended up with two PayPal refunds, in a row. I’m happy with the Jaguars I now have, but I wouldn’t have minded having one of those Player Jaguars.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

It's not a bad solution to the string break angle issue but IMO, having a stock neck pocket cut at a better angle so you don't need a shim (along with a set of 11's) fixes the problem and still preserves the string length below the bridge for those who prefer that. Just to clarify, I mean having the Jag come stock with the neck pocket cut at a better angle to provide increased string break angle over the bridge. Given the recent upsurge in the popularity of JM's and Jags I find it odd that Fender has no Jaguar in the made in USA American Pro 2 Series. They have all the upgraded/modernized hardware (modified Mustang bridge, Panorama Trem, electronics, switches, etc).

Last edited: Sep 04, 2024 13:00:54

I had that same Jaguar in black and had to sell it because the trem always detuned the strings even if I used it with a very light hand. I bought a Squier 60s Jaguar and the trem was much more stable. I still have that guitar.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2