PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
181 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
159 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
128 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
121 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
82 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
15 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
15 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
1 day ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink Fender Electronic Echo Chamber - 1963 Tape Echo

Page 1 of 1

Hio Friends,

Mel from the Phantom Surfers here. I am offering up for sale this vintage Fender tape echo. It is in excellent cosmetic and operational condition. It is fresh off of a service in November 2022. A new tape and capacitors were installed, as well as having the motor lubricated.

These units were manufactured for Fender by Eccofonic. Eccofonic was one of the first, if not the first, portable tape echo units available. It can most famously be heard in the intro to Patsy Clines's "I Fall To Pieces".

It has a low and high impedence input switch to opt from a fairly clean echo to a dirty echo. It never sounds clipped. The slider on the left side varies the echo length. The echo knob controls the effect level between guitar and the echo. The Reverb knob controls the echo regeneration. It is a great sounding, very musical piece of gear.

Before I go to reverb.com, Craigslist, etc. I thought I would give it a first go here. This unit was displayed in the SFO Airport Museum Surf Music exhibition last year as a part of early surf music related equipment examples.

Included is the output cable that goes from the echo to the amp, and all of the replaced parts from the recent service. This is a great sounding and relatively inexpensive way to own a piece of Fender gear from the first wave days of surf music. PM me with any questions. Buy with confidence. $975 USD plus actual shipping. Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Jan 02, 2023 14:57:37

Wow, that’s really awesome!

Page 1 of 1