Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink WTB: Hallmark Custom 60

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

mooneyes68 wrote:

Surfadelphia wrote:

Any reason you are ruling out a Hallmark 65 Custom?

I'm a sucker for the earliest Ventures Mosrites and unless I win the lottery, a C60 will have to scratch the itch. I can't think of another guitar at a similar price point that comes remotely close to a 63-64 Mosrite. I'm sure the C65 is an awesome guitar, it looks to be a great homage to a mid 60's Mark I, but that's not what I'm after.

Side note (from a stingy musician) regarding the C65: I never understood why it is priced the same as the C60. The C65 must cost less to produce (no body binding, no set neck, less paint to shoot, etc). It should retail for a couple hundo less, IMHO.

I've talked to Bob Shade and he's a few weeks out from new inventory and unless a C60 falls into my lap for a song I'll order a new one from him in a preferred color. He also mentioned a couple of (up charge) mods that he can do to get me closer to the real deal; sidejack conversion and 'Nokie-spec' pickups. Hard to say no to that!

Completely understand your dilemma now. Sounds like waiting on a new C60 and getting the custom options you want is definitely the right move.
Re: the C65 pricing, one would think that the C65 would be a bit less $$$ but the savings would primarily be in the lack of body binding. The neck on the C65 is still gloss finished albeit in clear and I guess there might be some savings with a bolt on but probably not as much as you might think. One thing for sure, you will be getting a great guitar.

Surfadelphia wrote:

One thing for sure, you will be getting a great guitar.

Thanks! I'll report back once I get one.

A quick bump. After speaking with Bob Shade at Hallmark, it looks like the next batch of C60's due in this month are limited to sunburst, fire sparkle and sunset sparkle. I'm really wanting candy apple red, ink or candy blue or black. Anybody have a C60 they wanna sell in those colors??

BUMP!

You might want to go on the Hallmark Owners and Fans Group Facebook page and put the word out there as to what you are looking for. Guitars come up for sale there sometimes and at least you could put the word out to folks who might have what you are looking for.

Surfadelphia wrote:

You might want to go on the Hallmark Owners and Fans Group Facebook page and put the word out there as to what you are looking for. Guitars come up for sale there sometimes and at least you could put the word out to folks who might have what you are looking for.

I did about a month ago. Bob Shade was very quick to comment that he was about 3 weeks away from having stock. I said 'great, I want a red one" and he said he'd be able to help me out (turns out he doesn't have red, or blue in his new inventory). I felt awkward bumping it after that.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019 21:54:44

I'm selling my custom 60 it's like brand new, listed on reverb. Love it just don't need it.

https://reverb.com/item/26362346-hallmark-custom-60-2019-sunburst

vanemeth wrote:

I'm selling my custom 60 it's like brand new, listed on reverb. Love it just don't need it.

https://reverb.com/item/26362346-hallmark-custom-60-2019-sunburst

Thanks! I'm actually the guy who bought it via Reverb. Can't wait to get it Big Grin

Big congrats...you finally bagged your Hallmark Custom 60. The sunbursts look awesome and photos don't do them justice. Looking forward to hearing your impressions when you get it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019 20:17:47

Surfadelphia wrote:

Big congrats...you finally bagged your Hallmark Custom 60. The sunbursts look awesome and photos don't do them justice. Looking forward to hearing your impressions when you get it.

Thanks! I've had a sunburst Hallmark before (a C59) that had a nice tobacco-y burst. Not exactly as bright in the red and yellow as a Mosrite or 60's Fender, but still pleasant looking. My Deke I has a more Mosrite-ish burst, but regardless of it not being my #1 or 2 color choice, this C60 will scratch my Nokie/early Ventures itch. Bob Shade said I could send it to him down the line to be sidejacked and have 'Nokie spec' pickups installed, but I'm going to play it as-is for awhile Yes

Goto Page: Previous 1 2