Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Shoutbox

bigtikidude: 2018 SG101 convention,
172 days ago

bigtikidude: Who's coming ?
172 days ago

bigtikidude: https://surf...
172 days ago

Clint: I started a YouTube channel: “Surf Music Videos”. https://www.... Hit me up with your favorite “surf” videos and I add them to the list. Thanks!
171 days ago

Tqi: Synchro, I managed to squeeze the Axial's in. Still working on how to lay them out next to the pots though.
160 days ago

dragonfly: Being homebound I just downloaded SG101 2014 music and loving it. Hooray for downloads. Thanks to everyone responsible. HBISM retired coordinator 2014 Cool
90 days ago

dragonfly: Thanks whoever posted photo of the day with Dean Dick and yours truly. What an awesome day that was. Love to all the surf community!
87 days ago

DannySnyder: People often say "icy" is the easiest word to spell and looking at it now, I see why.
34 days ago

Emilien03: BAJA SURF STOMP!
19 days ago

Emilien03: https://www....
19 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

43%

43%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Drip Switch is here! - $60

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

N0_Camping4U,
If there is no on/off jack, it's possible to connect the Drip Switch using a male/dual female RCA adapter at the reverb return. I'm away from home at the moment but when I get back post a photo showing how.

mlodygitarzysta,
Having invested a great deal of time and money into developing this pedal, it would be my preference that you buy one from me rather than clone it. That being said, if you choose to clone it, I hope you'll donate something to support the SG101 forum, as it's a great asset we all enjoy.

Hey Mel, yes please post a picture if you can, I haven't even been able to try my pedal out yet Sad

OK, here's how to use the Drip Switch when there isn't a foot switch jack. Note that this also works with a Surfy Bear kit.

You'll need an RCA single male to dual female splitter and an RCA to 1/4" adapter. Unplug the reverb return RCA from the chassis reverb return input (between the two shielded tubes). Plug the RCA splitter in its place.

Then, plug the reverb return cable into one of the female ends of the splitter, and connect the Drip Switch to the other using a 1/4" cable and the RCA to 1/4" adapter.

There are other types of RCA splitters, but I recommend this flexible type as it's easy to use and then tuck into the Reverb for transport.

Wow, another stroke of brilliance by Mel!

Danny Snyder

aka Mycroft Eloi of The TomorrowMen
aka Shecky Shekels of Meshugga Beach Party
aka El Viejo Gringo of Combo Tezeta

Please check out our latest album FUTOURISM, it's a deluxe box set with original artwork from 10 artists and a bonus download sticker.

Thanks Danny!

BTW, I was able to borrow a Reissue '65 Princeton Reverb to test. Same concept as above, but with the addition of an RCA right angle adapter.

Here, the stock footswitch will work the same as always as an on/off for the reverb and vibrato, but the Drip Switch can control the reverb level.

Note that the RCA splitter can be tucked inside the back panel; I've got it exposed here for clarity.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018 22:17:40

I have had a chance to use the new drip switch and I think it is amazing. Mel updated it recently to include more dwell sweep and an on/off light. It sounds better than before and has more functionality with the improved dwell sweep. The on/off light is really helpful as well. The switch enables me to move from reverb drench (say Baja lead) to a regular reverb mode (say Hawaii Five-O lead) with one push of a button. How many times have you moved from song to song in the set list and have the wrong reverb setting? This fixes that with a push of a button. All in, it's a must own if you use a reverb tank. Give it a try, it's the best $60 I've spent on gear in a very long time.

Craig Skelly
www.thebreakaways.com
www.thecurlriders.com

So glad you like it, Craig!

To those who are interested in getting a Drip Switch - I've just finished upgrading the website with a store so you can buy it online. The shop has the standard Drip Switch, the LED Drip Switch, and an accessory kit with the splitter, RCA adapter and right angle jack to use the Drip Switch with Fender combo -Reverb amps, 6G15 clones without footswitch jacks, and SurfyBears. We take paypal and ship worldwide.

Alameda Guitars SHOP!

Got the first one in Australia. Great piece of gear Cool

https://www.facebook.com/lostremoleros/

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3