SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

Brian: Thank you Linda, all the best to you.
123 days ago

Brian: Hello Johnny!
123 days ago

Tqi: Is it morally acceptable to use a Radial capacitor in a 1960 amp design?
122 days ago

synchro: TQI, morality is a huge question and capacitors a deep subject. I say do it and don't tell anyone. Smile
111 days ago

bigtikidude: 2018 SG101 convention,
83 days ago

bigtikidude: Who's coming ?
83 days ago

bigtikidude: https://surf...
83 days ago

Clint: I started a YouTube channel: “Surf Music Videos”. https://www.... Hit me up with your favorite “surf” videos and I add them to the list. Thanks!
83 days ago

Tqi: Synchro, I managed to squeeze the Axial's in. Still working on how to lay them out next to the pots though.
71 days ago

dragonfly: Being homebound I just downloaded SG101 2014 music and loving it. Hooray for downloads. Thanks to everyone responsible. HBISM retired coordinator 2014 Cool
2 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Drip Switch is here! - $60

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

I've been messing with mine for a couple of days now and I have to say it's great. One of those Apple-like things...didn't realize I needed it, but now that I have it I'll use it all the time.

Just got mine today up here in the great white north - thanks Mel. Going to give it a spin with my Fender RI 63 Reverb unit over the weekend. So far me like, nice simple pedal design.

Last edited: Aug 03, 2018 15:43:04

We had a very successful day at Surfguitar101 convention, selling most of our stock of Drip Switches. Once people heard what this does, it clicked immediately as to how this can really be a valuable tool for the surf guitarist. I believe we have 10 units left, now at the regular cost of $60. Contact Mel Waldorf via this link to order yours before they're all gone.

http://alamedaguitars.com/#contact

Those of you who now have them, please post your own demos and experiences using this pedal.

Thanks for all your support out there!

Danny Snyder

aka Mycroft Eloi of The TomorrowMen
aka Shecky Shekels of Meshugga Beach Party
aka El Viejo Gringo of Combo Tezeta

Please check out our latest album FUTOURISM, it's a deluxe box set with original artwork from 10 artists and a bonus download sticker.

REVERB SCIENCE!!!!

Hubba hubba Bubba, I'm a Reverb luvva!

LISTEN & BUY " S P I N - T H E - B O T T L E " NOW @ Bandcamp

Pool Boys Euro Tour Blog

INSTAGRAM
Frankie in Frankie & The Pool Boys
Lazarus Longfellow in The TomorrowMen
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio
Phayrentz in Pollo Del Mar

Got one a few days ago and, quite frankly, I think is one of the slickest surf guitar thingies I have ever bought! I tried it out at a band rehearsal for a few hours and it was great. I may have noticed a very slight treble roll-off as you work your way down the pot's range. I use a straight clone of a 6G15 circuit but with a tube rectifier (not that the particulars really matter.) YMMV. There lots of variables at work here and it is entirely possible that you won't experience this with your gear setup. Either way, it wasn't really bothersome at all.

I am gonna use this thing full-time. Five stars!

SSIV

Picked mine up Saturday at the convention and all I can say is this little item works great. The price of $50.00 made this the deal of the decade. Even at $60.00 you can't lose. I definitely recommend the Drip Switch if you own a Fender reissue tank.

Gang - the initial run of 50 is sold out, but I'll be making another batch to be available in 4-5 weeks. Contact me to order.

Congratulations, Mel! What a great pedal! I'm stoked to have gotten one.

Bob

Goto Page: Previous 1 2