Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Madeira "Ancient Winds" LP - now available through mailorder!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next

...glancing around the room at the turntable and the wall - hmmm, now what jacket could come down to make room...? Hmmm

Answer: Get another frame.
Big Grin

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

CreepBeat wrote:

Tien picked me up one of these at SG101 - can't wait to get it in my hands and more importantly on my turntable!

Tien is a good man!

JakeDobner wrote:

Tien is a good man!

True story!

Hi all! I was hoping to start taking orders and shipping out the LPs today, but alas, we've been slightly delayed. I hope I'll be able to do so by Wednesday or Thursday. Sorry! I hope those of you that want the LP will be patient for just a bit longer. Hopefully it'll be worth it! Smile

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

IvanP wrote:

Hi all! I was hoping to start taking orders and shipping out the LPs today, but alas, we've been slightly delayed. I hope I'll be able to do so by Wednesday or Thursday. Sorry! I hope those of you that want the LP will be patient for just a bit longer. Hopefully it'll be worth it! Smile

"Worth it" is not in doubt. Big Grin

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

I will need mine autographed by everyone in the band in addition to a used guitar pick from your collection, Ivan!

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Yes! I'll take a package; autographed album, t-shirt if still available, remnants of a pick... Just say how.
Yes

Wes

Let me know when the LPs are ready! I'll take one!

Science friction burns my fingers.

Hi all!

Very sorry for the delay, but I think we're finally ready!

$18 for black vinyl
$22 for blue vinyl

$5 for domestic shipping, $17 to Canada, and $22.50 for the rest of the world (yikes that's gotten expensive!!!)

If you want an autographed copy, you'll have to wait a couple of weeks since I will not be seeing the rest of the guys until September 1st - and actually, I will probably not be seeing them for a long time after that, so if you want an autographed copy, please make sure you order it by September 1st!

We also still have the new t-shirts (sold 25 out of the 50 at the convention), and can send both together, if you wish. T-shirts are $20, high-quality 100% cotton, black, and we have them in all the different sizes.

Finally, if you wish to buy any Madeira CDs along with the LP, just let me know: Ancient Winds, Sonic Cataclysm and Sandstorm - $10 each; Tribal Fires - $20 (almost all gone, very few copies left); Ruins EP - $5. (You can also buy a copy of the Space Cossacks "Live Supernova" CD - $15; or New World Relampagos CD - $7 - the album I recorded with Dusty Watson and Sam Bolle in 2000, the tribute to the most popular '60s Spanish instro rock band Los Relampagos, with their original organist.)

Just send an email to themadeira@themadeira.net and let me know what you wish to buy, and I'll take care of you!

Thanks very much!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017 16:52:42

Email fired! Cool

Wes

Bump - and a reminder: if you want an autographed copy of the LP, please make sure you order it by this Friday!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

One last chance to get an autographed copy of the LP - if you want us to deface Mr. Green your copy of this beautiful LP, now's the time to order it!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

IvanP wrote:

One last chance to get an autographed copy of the LP - if you want us to deface Mr. Green your copy of this beautiful LP, now's the time to order it!

Tell Patrick to take care of that right hand; I worry 'bout that boy.
Rolling Eyes

Wes

"Ancient Winds" LPs about to go to the post office. Have you got yours yet?

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Nice image. Big Grin
The band members stridently striding up the staircase of their albums would make a cool cover for an album of backing tracks - just kidding. OK, coffee put away & the nurse is coming...
LMAO
I might have to ditch these little Polk Audio speakers and go find me some seriously good old-school speakers 'cause I'm gonna have to crank this one.

Wes

Ooooo! Mine is third from the bottom!!!

Jonathan the Reverbivore

The Reverbivores

Please check out our latest album The Reverbivores Watch TV!

www.thereverbivores.com
Facebook
YouTube

There are now several options to get the new "Ancient Winds" LPs in addition to ordering them from us directly:

First, for our European friends, you can now order them from the Surfer Joe Store and avoid the high trans-Atlantic shipping charges:
http://www.surferjoestore.com/index.php?view=item&item=1519 (blue)
http://www.surferjoestore.com/index.php?view=item&item=1524 (black)

Second, you can order the translucent blue LP from Double Crown Records: http://www.doublecrownrecords.com/the-madeira-ancient-winds-vinyl-lp-blue-vinyl/

Finally, for those of you in Chicago you can now purchase the LP at Bucket O' Blood Books and Records.

Hope these new options are helpful for some of you there, and hope you like the LP!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Last edited: Sep 07, 2017 16:45:54

Can't wait; except that I may a few days, as I have a line on a super-nice pair of Advents that will marry up in a small room much better than the Polks. Gon' be 1972 all over again, except for the album on the turntable.
Cool

Wes

Badger wrote:

Can't wait; except that I may a few days, as I have a line on a super-nice pair of Advents that will marry up in a small room much better than the Polks. Gon' be 1972 all over again, except for the album on the turntable.
Cool

Big Grin Fantastic, Wes! congratulations on the super-duper new speakers!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Christmas early at the PO today!
The blue vinyl is lovely & sounds the same; thanks gentlemen for scribbling all over the back - I remember a night when the "Farthest Shore" was a breakwater in the fog we were too damn close to. Big Grin

T-shirt is in the on-deck circle for tomorrow.
(Also appreciate the download code for the full album's .wav files.)

Get 'em while they're hot folks.

Wes

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next