Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink #1 surf band you'd like to see again that have broken up?

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5

I could be wrong, but I believe that Slacktone is scheduled to play this summer at Huntington Beach. June 4th?
If I'm not mistaken...

-Cheers, Clark-

-Less Paul, more Reverb-

Yup

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Some reunion bands and far away bands,
This is a not to miss year.
https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/29386/?page=1

Jeff(bigtikidude)

The point here is that The Terrorsaurs are solely MY creation which goes for ALL works, direction, stage personas, compositions etc. I took out multiple trademarks to protect this. I would be most interested to know who the mysterious 'we' are because several years ago when I took my early compositions into a particular recording studio there was only the below post writer present. A handful of shows were performed with this person, even less with the mentioned drummer and all this was set up at great monetary expense to myself - very expensive for a few demos. He became negative and refused to play live shows so his 'services' were quickly dispensed with. This was the BEST decision I've ever made because with his replacement (a naturally gifted player & performer) there was an instant return to the live circuit and things took off for us. We have just celebrated our 200th show throughout UK, Europe & USA in less than 2 years and are in the planning stage for our 3rd US tour. We now record all works at the renowned WILD studios, Hollywood, California. Evidence of all this can be found at the official Terrorsaurs website www.terrorsaursurf.com
These are the simple facts - I've absolutely no interest in what's churned out by this ex-contributor but it is MY business when falsehoods such as 'The Terrorsaurs have split up' or have 'imploded' are circulated by him or anyone else. I challenge anyone who has been as active and hard working as us to feel differently.
I will not comment on the authenticity of his 'works' save to say that there are millions of possible name permutations and not one begins with 'Terror' and ends with 'S'. This goes beyond plagiarism - it is a calculated act designed to confuse and misrepresent. This is intellectual THEFT. However, it's committed by a very inept thief because his poundshop websites have the appearance of East European scams, the single documented 'gig' is merely a covers band in disguise (I know this from local knowledge) and let's not forget the best of the lot namely the mixtapes of other peoples music, podcasts etc. So please keep up the good work - it's absolutely hilarious and is a constant source of amusement for us when we're on the road.

Anyways, here's the legal stuff - physical sales of existing CD's of aforementioned early recordings ARE permissible but NOT bootleg copies and NOT digital sales. This is THEFT as it's stealing from both the artist and the record label. Following consultation with the label a free download of these early recordings has been established as a damage limitation exercise to counter act the illegal activities of this individual. You can't stop thieves but you should at least make them work hard for what they steal. The old, obsolete Terrorsaurs website MUST be closed down as it contains multiple trademark infringements. The 'Terrorsurfs' website contains more about The Terrorsaurs than it's own 'product' and has a similar descriptive text about us that also contains trademark infringements so this section MUST be removed. This is non-negotiable.

Yep, The Terrorsaurs maybe an acquired taste but even if people think we're shit, we're out there and we're doing it. We're a real band and I'm not a studio based charlatan pimping off someone else's creation.
This'll be my last post on this forum, I just don't have the time for deluded bedroom hero's and I don't converse with thieves.
Surf R Radio/Sharawaji - I wish you good luck with this man and his imaginary band, you're certainly going to need it and you're most welcome to him.
Love & respect to all the TRUE working bands & Independent record labels out there.

Ian B (trademark owner The Terrorsaurs Crown Patent Intellectual property trademark Ref UK00003144105)

Terrorsurfer wrote:

The facts are that the myself (guitarist) and the drummer wanted to take a break from the band as the drummer had been very ill, "King" Fink paid to trademark the name so no-one else could use it, and kicked us out of "his" band. We formed The Terrorsurfs, much to King Finks disgust, because we wanted to continue making surf music. The new version of the Terrorsaurs is a garage/punk/rock n roll band, no surf, no spring reverb or tremolo, whose "acclaimed" album sounds like a rehearsal recorded in a store room. He even had the gall to re-record a couple of songs that we co-wrote! He also moans that we're selling the albums that we wrote/played on/recorded. You just can't reason with the guy.
He has tried to sabotage us numerous times, and we do know some of the lies he's been saying about us to other people. He seems bitter & twisted. I realise no-one actually cares about our little spat, just wanted to put our side of the story on here, but if you require any further info you can email info@terrorsaurs.com or info@terrorsurfs.com
If you liked the first two Terrorsaurs albums, then you might like The Terrorsurfs new album "Zomboid Surf Attack" out now on Sharawaji Records. Same surf guitar vibe (same guitar player). El Guapo - The Terrorsurfs

kingfink wrote:

Mike75 wrote:

The Terrorsaurs...

Nearly flew out to see them in Japan last year but couldn't get away from work. A few months later they broke up.

Ian from The Terrorsaurs here, I am the trademark owner of the band which was also conceived & created by myself. I can categorically state that we have NOT broken up. In fact since May 2015 when the guitar player was replaced we have performed 150 + shows throughout UK, Europe & USA. Our second US Tour is in April 2017. We have had multiple vinyl releases and an acclaimed album on Wild Records ('One Night Only'). I suspect this false info was supplied to yourself by an ex-contributor who has had no involvement with the band since May 2015 and has been causing us problems ever since, usually by way of trademark infringements. I have a policy of total transparency however it's not prudent for me to discuss details on an open forum except to state that I do not tolerate theft or deceit of ANY kind from a band member or contributor. Such behaviour has no place in any musical community. Since coming across this post I have researched entries at Surf Rock Radio and it would appear Mike, that you have been duped into putting out a studio release by this person. This of course is none of my business but I hope for your sake that you have not parted with a notable amount of monies re this. If you require further info please contact me via terrorsaursurf@aol.com, this message system or Fb etc. The fact that drivel such as this goes on at our level is sickeningly laughable- there are some seriously deluded people out there and for this reason I have had to take legal action to safeguard my own band 'brandname'.
The ONLY website for The Terrorsaurs is www.terrorsaursurf.com for a definitive history of the band check out our bio at http://terrorsaursurf.com/bio/
kind regards to all Ian B (trademark owner The Terrorsaurs Crown Patent Intellectual property trademark Ref UK00003144105)

http://www.terrorsaursurf.com/
http://www.wildrecordsusa.com/

Last edited: May 02, 2017 08:29:13

Wow Mike -
You can judge a persons character from thousands of miles away? You must have superpowers! The simple point is that The Terrorsaurs NEVER broke up & we've gone from strength to strength after the services of 'El Guapo' (ironically a stage name created by myself) were dispensed with. There is overwhelming evidence to support this - 200 shows in less than 2yrs throughout UK, Europe & US, present & forthcoming releases on the prestigious WILD label, constantly recording in California etc. I don't need to justify our activity, it's there for all to see. If someone posted a false statement about SRR I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same.
Re the Sharawji release - For all the reviews, which I suspect are mostly bloggers given the music for free, I doubt whether any of them have seen 'The Terrorsurfs' live (sorry, can't stop laughing) because they don't exist. The one documented show is actually a covers band in disguise (I know this from local knowledge and have no qualms about stating it publicly). The release is merely spliced together studio doodling's. The music is ok - it's inoffensive mid 90's Surf Revival & would probably make good backing tracks in Malls & supermarkets but ultimately it's fake, just like the person who cut 'n' pasted it together. It's certainly not The Terrorsaurs which it desperately wants to be hence the blatant name rip off and repeated comparison on it's scam websites. The Terrorsaurs maybe an acquired taste but we're a vibrant, hardworking band with a stellar live show that pushes the boundaries of audience participation. This is an artistically sound, potentially ground breaking concept containing elements of surf, garage & classic heaviness. None of our achievements have ANYTHING to do with the 'works' of this studio based charlatan either PAST or PRESENT. The trademark infringements and misrepresentation caused by this person have been well documented. I wish you well but please consider researching your potential releases better in the future. Surely you don't want a reputation for actively encouraging plagiarism and intellectual theft?
Ian B (trademark owner The Terrorsaurs Crown Patent Intellectual property trademark Ref UK00003144105)

Mike75 wrote:

This isn't a fire which needs to be fuelled.. but for the record.

As you know, I'm a massive Terrorsaurs fan - always have been and always will be. I clearly remember seeing the video for Cave Beat posted here. But what The Terrorsaurs are now, for better or for worse is a very different band.

Bands sometimes split up. Sometimes its because their members have different agendas and situations, and that's ok. Sometimes they want to record, sometimes they want to tour, sometimes in the worst case scenario health issues are involved. These are personal reasons and for whatever reasons a split happens that reason should be respected.

El Guapo is 100% professional and incredibly easy to work with. Furthermore he is loyal to his friends. I'm really happy with the release and we have an absolute ton of great reviews for Zomboid Surf Attack.

Mike

kingfink wrote:

Mike75 wrote:

The Terrorsaurs...

Nearly flew out to see them in Japan last year but couldn't get away from work. A few months later they broke up.

Ian from The Terrorsaurs here, I am the trademark owner of the band which was also conceived & created by myself. I can categorically state that we have NOT broken up. In fact since May 2015 when the guitar player was replaced we have performed 150 + shows throughout UK, Europe & USA. Our second US Tour is in April 2017. We have had multiple vinyl releases and an acclaimed album on Wild Records ('One Night Only'). I suspect this false info was supplied to yourself by an ex-contributor who has had no involvement with the band since May 2015 and has been causing us problems ever since, usually by way of trademark infringements. I have a policy of total transparency however it's not prudent for me to discuss details on an open forum except to state that I do not tolerate theft or deceit of ANY kind from a band member or contributor. Such behaviour has no place in any musical community. Since coming across this post I have researched entries at Surf Rock Radio and it would appear Mike, that you have been duped into putting out a studio release by this person. This of course is none of my business but I hope for your sake that you have not parted with a notable amount of monies re this. If you require further info please contact me via terrorsaursurf@aol.com, this message system or Fb etc. The fact that drivel such as this goes on at our level is sickeningly laughable- there are some seriously deluded people out there and for this reason I have had to take legal action to safeguard my own band 'brandname'.
The ONLY website for The Terrorsaurs is www.terrorsaursurf.com for a definitive history of the band check out our bio at http://terrorsaursurf.com/bio/
kind regards to all Ian B (trademark owner The Terrorsaurs Crown Patent Intellectual property trademark Ref UK00003144105)

http://www.terrorsaursurf.com/
http://www.wildrecordsusa.com/

Last edited: May 02, 2017 08:25:16

well.......back to the question. is there a band you'd like to see again that have broken up?

www.surfintheeye.com

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5