Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink MEMBERS JAM surf guitar 101 convention aug 8, 2015

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

The_Cholla wrote:

Hey guys,

I'll attend the convention, I can play rhythm or lead guitar on one song if needed.

Also I suggest "Haunted house of rock" or "Plymouth Rock" by the Satan's Pilgrims if anyone interested !
Thanks,

Yannick

Aloha Yannick, I would be glad to play fretless bass 5 on either one of these tunes or both of them if we are allowed. Need to scare down some copies. (Got em now as of 15 July ) We can work that out. Thanks for the offer.Mahalo !

We also need to discuss which parts on which tunes you are playing so someone else can grab the other part... And we need a drummer. Cool
LADave65 is playing the other part as of 15july.

Don't Fear the Reverb ! Grateful Surf ! SURFIN' Tiki Bandits !
I can be reached through the following or at don@donschott.com. :

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015 10:40:54

I figure I am going to throw this out there because probably most of us do not know of a special particular feature of the surf guitar 101 web site. I just found out from Brian the other day. At the top of the page there is the SG101 banner; just under it and just over the big bright red and yellow advert for North Sea Surf Radio is WELCOME : your user name followed by FORUMS followed by PRIVATE MESSAGES( # ) followed by search and logout.

If one goes to PRIVATE MESSAGES they will find a section at the end called OPTION. Brian said this feature is relatively new. Under OPTION is a toggle to allow email notifications to be sent to your real email address to alert one of unread or new PRIVATE MESSAGES .

I am posting this at this time because I have sent out over ten PRIVATE MESSAGES in answer to posts in this section that have not been read yet. I also refer to them as PMs or PERSONAL MEMOS. if you are reading this,(I may have sent you a PM ) you can toggle this "switch" and when someone sends you a PM you will know about it in your regular email even if you have not been to the site for a few days. Cool huh. I didn't know it was there. Cool

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015 21:52:35

If someone wants another guitarist for rhythm or lead on some well-known tune, please let me know. I'd love to be in on this.

Thanks,

Dave

Well, bummer. I'd volunteered earlier to play drums on Mr. Rebel, and would love to play one of the S.P.'s tunes, but looks like I'll be out of town that weekend now, so scratch me.

:-/

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey all, we need more bass players and way more drummers to step up for the jam sign up.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

Hey all, we need more bass players and way more drummers to step up for the jam sign up.

So... I put my name out there for bass. No responses yet.Not sure what conclusions I should draw from that. Wink Groovy Guitar Hmmm

mj
bent playing for benter results
Do not attempt to adjust your TV set.
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-VI-Explorers-Club-179437279151035/
https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Planet-Shamen-366987463657230/

Cool

Well you either have to ask to play bass on a song some guitar players need a bass on. Or suggest a song you want to do, and hopefully some guitar players will join in.
It's kinda tough being a bass player
And wanting to lead something.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

DoNtFearTheReverbBass wrote:

Aloha Yannick, I would be glad to play fretless bass 5 on either one of these tunes or both of them if we are allowed. Need to scare down some copies. We can work that out. Thanks for the offer.Mahalo !

We also need to discuss which parts on which tunes you are playing so someone else can grab the other part... And we need a drummer. Cool

Thanks Don, sound great! Let's see if a drummer and a 2nd guitarist want to join. There aren't a lot of lead parts in these songs (rhythm is often doubled) so it will be easy to decide how to share the parts.

Yannick

Lead Guitar in Blackball Bandits : https://blackballbandits.bandcamp.com/
Solo project : https://thechollasurf.bandcamp.com/releases

The_Cholla wrote:

Thanks Don, sound great! Let's see if a drummer and a 2nd guitarist want to join. There aren't a lot of lead parts in these songs (rhythm is often doubled) so it will be easy to decide how to share the parts.

LADave65 wrote:

If someone wants another guitarist for rhythm or lead on some well-known tune, please let me know. I'd love to be in on this.

Thanks,

Dave

So maybe LA Dave would like to be on guitar or Emillio who wanted to do some Satans Pilgrims

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

Scotty from my band wants to play something with me. He mentioned some tune but, for the life of me, I can't find it. I would be up for whatever is out there. So long as no one minds that it goes horribly awry, with a 48-bar mostly-chromatic jazz excursion somewhere in the middle.

Is there a master sign-up list, perchance?

SSIV

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015 19:46:00

The_Cholla wrote:

LADave65 wrote:

Thanks,

Dave

So maybe LA Dave would like to be on guitar or Emillio who wanted to do some Satans Pilgrims

I'd love to do it, but I'll need to know which tune so I can learn it.

Thanks,

Dave

*LHR wrote

I do believe this is IT. check my post about PMs above. Also which band which Scotty?

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

LADave65 wrote:

I'd love to do it, but I'll need to know which tune so I can learn it.

Thanks,

Dave

The two songs that I suggested are "Haunted house of rock" and "Plymouth Rock". We could learn both and play one or the two of them, depending on time available. Smile

Yannick

Lead Guitar in Blackball Bandits : https://blackballbandits.bandcamp.com/
Solo project : https://thechollasurf.bandcamp.com/releases

The_Cholla wrote:

The two songs that I suggested are "Haunted house of rock" and "Plymouth Rock". We could learn both and play one or the two of them, depending on time available. Smile

Sounds great: I'll listen to both of them & back you up on rhythm guitar.

Thanks,

Dave

The band is called The Surfside IV.

*LHR wrote

I do believe this is IT. check my post about PMs above. Also which band which Scotty?

SSIV

bigtikidude wrote:

WE NEED WAY MORE DRUMMERS!
My dance card is filling up and I don't want to be the little whore but I love to play bass and it looks like it's costing me at least $70 to bring my axe to LAX plus the new bag ..so I want to play for sure. I LIVE to play music.

OK, here it is, it looks like the jams I am involved in at least need a drummer.

What we need is : ( from my prospective)

PACIFICA , ala LOS STRAIGHTJACKETS:
All set unless another guitarist, or trumpet player want to make it a quintet
MASKED SURFER, ala MEXICAN CHILI TACO FIESTA - Danny Amis :
Drummer
Guitar, rhythm (LHR ? )
SUNST GLIDE , ala THE ELIMINATORS...also,performing at the show, we like them so let's do a good job
we need :
Drummer
and lead guitar ( billy blastoff?) ( LHR?) (LA DAVE65?)(chuck hughes2?) (DannySnyder?)
HAUNTED HOUSE OF ROCK, ala SATAN's PILGRIMS
Drummer
PLYMOUTH ROCK, ala SATAN's PILGRIMS
Drummer

I would also be willing to switch out one of my Satan's Pilgims tunes with Monterayjack66 if he wants to. ( I watch for PMs)

Looking forward to CALIFORNIA DREAMING with BILLYBLASTOFF if someone wants to drum, play either rhythm or lead or bass ( I will do rhythm if someone can lend me a guitar and someone else wants to play bass)
Cool

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015 23:45:32

I still have TEN PERSONAL MESSAGES UNREAD. so please check them and see the note I posted above.

Brian wants us to OPT IN rather than OPT OUT. ..

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015 01:55:46

I still have TEN PERSONAL MESSAGES UNREAD. so please check them and see the note I posted above.

It's quite possible those ten (?) people aren't all that serious about participating if they have not checked on this thread or their PM's by now.

Brian wants us to OPT IN rather than OPT OUT. ..

I have received 0 replies to my question (now 4 days old) about changing this.

You can lead a horse to water...

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Don,
Maybe you should post their names here in the thread to wake them up.
Or figure out how to send them a direct email.
But sadly Facebook is prob the best way to get ahold of them.
I've emailed people recently with no reply, then when I finally
Talk to them in person or in a phone text,they say they don't check their
Emails anymore.
Shock

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next