PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
180 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
158 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
127 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
120 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
81 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
14 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
14 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
10 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Fender Super Six Reverb

Page 1 of 1

Can anyone give me any information on a silverface super six reverb? Its not the one with six speakers either...it has two...seems to be all original and sounds great!!

You must have come across a Super Six Reverb that someone chucked the chassis in a Twin Reverb cabinet with speakers. The two amps were the same thing with different speaker arrangements. People hated to carry around a super six or quad reverb because of the weight. My cousin David lived in LA from 1963 through 1967. He had possibly the first Super Six Reverb which was a one off prototype in 1965. It was a black face Twin with factory 6-10's.
When he moved to Florida in '67 he had it with him and we took it around to several of the local Fender dealers and blew their minds. It ended up in Colorado which is where he lived until his sudden passing two years back. His son has it now.....The Quad Reverb was the same chassis with a different output transformer......ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

Ditto...It sounds like someone converted your Super Six into a Twin Reverb or some other two speaker variant. Those Super Sixes are huge. The only one I've ever seen was with The Sadies when they were travelling with Neko Case a few years ago. It took three guys to move it around on stage.

Rezfink
Can anyone give me any information on a silverface super six reverb? Its not the one with six speakers either...it has two...seems to be all original and sounds great!!

I saw Derek Trucks play through one with the Allman Brothers Band
in 2003 (?). Usually he plays through blackface Super Reverbs, and
sounds like a million bucks. The Super Six sounded great, too. I concur
with the other in that it is a Twin with the 6x10 speakers. I can't imagine
lifting one of those beasts: what a freakin' nut-buster!!!!
Duh

Bob

Bob

Page 1 of 1