Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
330 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
258 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
258 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
178 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
156 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
125 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
118 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
79 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
12 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
12 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Musicians & Gigs Wanted »

Permalink Auckland, New Zealand - bass player & drummer wanted for Surf band!!

Page 1 of 1

I have a well established 60's "Cliff Richard & The Shadows" tribute band band but want a side project to do surf instrumentals in the style of The Ventures, The Atlantics, Duane Eddy and similar - there must be some Kiwis on this site - I await you replies - we have a well established Fender sound

Hiya Gary - just saw your post - how's your project going?

He who dies with the most tubes... wins

Surf Daddies

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013 01:17:44

Hi Pete, Sorry I haven't been on the site for a while, too busy at work. Have got involved with another group doing rock a billy and modern country but still want to get back to the surf genre. Not much interest here in Auckland. Manage to slot the odd one in there when I can. How is the Wellington scene?

Me and 3 other guys are doing our level best to give surf music a profile in Wellington. Its a relentless but enjoyable task. Our last paying gig was last night. Our next one is next weekend. We had 2 back-to-back gigs at the end of November. Then there is the Waitangi Day festival here next Feb. We'll take whatever work we can get in the meantime.

There was another outfit called Coral Reef that surfaced in Wellington last year, but they must've submerged themselves because I haven't heard much about them lately.

There's also another band based in Hamilton who have been banging away at it for years.

If you can find the right crew (usually older more-accomplished players who love this genre of instrumental music) you'll be away laughing. It shouldn't be too much trouble in Auckland digging up some old timers. If I was in Ak, I'd sign up for your surf band.

He who dies with the most tubes... wins

Surf Daddies

Hi Pete, we are still plugging away here - we would be glad to have you if you were in Auckland. Work matters have been resolved and more time to get back into "the project." Start a new on Monday 3rd with lovely Mon to Fri business hours - much welcomed for these "slightly older bones!" More time for music ventures for sure. Off to Wellington 14/15 Feb but a regular quarterly fleeting visit, airport to Police College, meeting Fri and Sat and then back to airport...... Cry These volunteer things which take up valuable time. Hope to have better musical news on next posting - Happy (slightly belated) New Year!!

Page 1 of 1