Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Introductions! New Members Post Here

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 246 47 48 49 5055 56 Next

Are you going to Surfer Joe festival next week?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

Are you going to Surfer Joe festival next week?

I would like so, sadly not. Perhaps next year!

Sent you a PM

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey everybody!
I’m Christopher Hostetler (PsychAtomic) from Canton Ohio. Huge surf music fan since 1976, at the age of 5...at least that’s as far back as I can remember. In fact it was surf music that began my love of drumming. And I learned from the greats as those old scratched up 45’s & 33’s would spin. I am glad I have come to find this site as it seems to be a great community of players and fans that keep this music alive and well all over the world. I look forward to joining you on this journey.
Surf’s Up!
PsychAtomic

Welcome to sg101, PsychAtomic!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Welcome PsychAtomic!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

First post and I've already successfully posted in the wrong place. Onward and upward!

Hey everyone. I've been following these forums for a while now. But this is my first time posting. Thanks for keeping the verb-drenched flame of surf alive and well!

Is there a proper place for me to introduce my band to the forum?

Thanks, friends.

Welcome Koby! Go ahead and post something about your band in the general discussion subforum. There's a tool to attach videos under the text box if you'd like.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

DannySnyder wrote:

Welcome Koby! Go ahead and post something about your band in the general discussion subforum. There's a tool to attach videos under the text box if you'd like.

Thank you sir. Will do.

Welcome to sg101, Koby! Very glad you're here.

Hi folks - glad to be here. Been playing surf for about 20 years, and listening to it for longer than that. Currently trying to re-start a surf band in Fort Collins, CO and looking for band members, especially a guitarist who understands surf music. Best wishes to all...

It's easy to go the extra mile when you miss the last exit.

ColoCoug wrote:

Hi folks - glad to be here. Been playing surf for about 20 years, and listening to it for longer than that. Currently trying to re-start a surf band in Fort Collins, CO and looking for band members, especially a guitarist who understands surf music. Best wishes to all...

Welcome to SG101! Very glad you're here.

Hi I’m Josh, after lurking for forever, finally registered. On my way to build my own perfect surf amp after reading and researching for months to power my overdriven surf band, totally not traditional stuff.
Surf is an attitude after all.

needs more ‘verb

Psychedelic Surf-Punk from Outer Space
https://m.facebook.com/actiondougband/

Long time surf spy western noir twang lover. I play and write all kinds of music. Been putting together some of my surf instrumentals and thinking about getting more serious with it and voilà I found this community. Hello.

Squid From Madrid - New Single on Bandcamp
MB Website

ActionJosh wrote:

totally not traditional stuff.

Welcome SIR! I am a fan of your band already! EDIT: just watched some video and I absolutely love it. Awaiting stuff on BC. You should come to New Orleans! My outfit is also very punk rock, we’d pair up nicely.

And Mista Martin as well - your thing sounds super cool too!

Daniel Deathtide

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019 07:50:51

ActionJosh wrote:

Hi I’m Josh, after lurking for forever, finally registered. On my way to build my own perfect surf amp after reading and researching for months to power my overdriven surf band, totally not traditional stuff.

Welcome to sg101! Very glad you're here.

martinblasick wrote:

Long time surf spy western noir twang lover. I play and write all kinds of music. Been putting together some of my surf instrumentals and thinking about getting more serious with it and voilà I found this community. Hello.

Welcome to sg101! Very glad you're here.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a couple of years and finally posted. When I was a kid learning guitar I "borrowed" a "Surfin Hits" CD from my sister and played through it daily. As I got better I moved on to other genres, and fast forward a little over 20 years and I rediscovered instrumental surf and how fun it is.
Thanks in advance for all of my questions you're all going to have to put up with!

Hi there! I've been a member for some time, but never took the time to introduce myself. Let's give that a try now.

I play bass in The Malbehavers, which started as a bit of a reincarnation of The Mono-Tones. I'd been playing upright bass in a rockabilly project with Wannes and Vincent and when that stopped, and they wanted to do surf again, I switched to bass guitar as my main instrument. But while mine has 6 strings and a tremolo bar I'm still very much a bass player ;)

Surfin’ Europe - Surf gigs in Europe
The Malbehavers – Instrumental Surf Music from Tilburg (NL)

Welcome SabedLeepski! Does this mean Wannes is playing surf again?

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Goto Page: Previous 1 246 47 48 49 5055 56 Next