Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink RUMBLE!!!

Page 1 of 1

Here is a link to my latest attempt at Rumble...for some reason the audio seems choppy...rest assured the actual video and audio tracks are not wonky like this...no reason to know why it is like this.

Anyway...feel free to criticize!

Last edited: Mar 06, 2013 17:51:05

Nice tone from your Tele, which is gorgeous BTW. What chord are you playing up at the 12th fret? The sound got a little garbled and I didn't hear any upper tones at all. Does it sound like that on your end?

Keep up the good work!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Thx!
On my copy of the video it sounds fine, but thru YouTube it sounds bad.

I don't know the chord, but the high e is on fret 12, the b is on 13, and the g is on 12.

horax wrote:

Thx!
On my copy of the video it sounds fine, but thru YouTube it sounds bad.

I don't know the chord, but the high e is on fret 12, the b is on 13, and the g is on 12.

Which would make it some kind of a C.

Los Fantasticos

Always nice to see a tele playing some instro! I think you're on the right track here, but I have a couple suggestions:

1. When strumming the first D's, try to strum them just a little slower, and let the chords ring longer before making the change to E if at all possible. It will give a looser, more fluid feel.

2. I think you went up to the 12th a bit early... there's a pause of six counts prior to going up there on the recording. It gives a totally different vibe if you hold on before going up, but this is all your interpretation anyway.

Again, just suggestions so take them for what you will. In the meantime, keep rockin' it!

The Aquamaniacs on ReverbNation
The Aquamaniacs on Facebook
The Aquamaniacs on Twitter
The Aquamaniacs on Instagram

I appreciate the suggestions. The recording is bad for audio as I let the D ring throughout.

Now the 12 fret chord I DID realize I went up early cause it seemed like I was up there forever.
Couldn't figure out why I was there for so.long, so I just went with it.

Thx!

Good job Horax! That's a fun tune to play. I still have problems with making that 12th fret chord myself.

Either you surf, or you fight.

imafunkyman wrote:

Good job Horax! That's a fun tune to play. I still have problems with making that 12th fret chord myself.

I'm pretty certain that the chord Horax plays is not what Link used to play. And he didn't play a straighfroward D chord in the main part of the tune either.

Los Fantasticos

Here's an old topic of mine where I got lots of help. It covers all this pretty thoroughly.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Mar 07, 2013 15:30:06

Broncos - blown coverage.

Horax - blown mic.

Ha! (sorry dude couldn't resist).

Twisted Evil > Angel

that coverage STILL gives me nightmares. Uh-Oh

Yeah I think it's an E major in 12th position, rather than a C (D shape in 12th pos) and the D in question is a Dsus2. At least that's how I've been playing them and they seem to fit.

djangodeadman wrote:

imafunkyman wrote:

I'm pretty certain that the chord Horax plays is not what Link used to play. And he didn't play a straighfroward D chord in the main part of the tune either.

The Aquamaniacs on ReverbNation
The Aquamaniacs on Facebook
The Aquamaniacs on Twitter
The Aquamaniacs on Instagram

Page 1 of 1