Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink Reviewers wanted. Any interest?

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

CrazyAces wrote:

Brian, amen to that!
It can, at times, be a lonely place around here after posting a song, record or video.

I would suspect many don't lease comments as it can seem like you're either knocking the piece or don't want to sound like you are so say it's good no matter what.
I've yet to hear a submission on SG 101 that was not a fine piece of material I might not like the tune or might think recording could be done a little different..all subjective to be sure.

www.northofmalibu.com

Last edited: Nov 06, 2012 17:49:38

Brian wrote:

I don't actually get that much stuff. Maybe one a month, sometimes less. So right now I have more volunteers than material.

Just a reminder to folks that you don't only have to review new releases! It's fun to read reviews regardless of the release date, whether it was a couple years back or an old first wave classic.

I'm willing to contribute. Is it okay to just put a review in the Reviews section, at will?

Yup, please feel free to contribute any review to the Music Reviews sub-forum.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

LHR wrote:

I could do some if you like. I think I have done a few in the forum already. However, please be aware that my favorite record of all time is The Shaggs - Philosophy of the World.

haha sounds like you can send LHR the bottom-of-the-barrel material

I like reviewing but given the tight-knit community here, I rarely post anything negative at all. I've thought about using my blog as an outlet for that instead, to be read as a reviewer and not a peer.

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012 11:56:23

I'd love to do it! I can even use big words like watermelon and stuff like that. Count me in. Big Grin

Either you surf, or you fight.

You should put the "official" reviews on the main menu rather than a sub forum. If there was greater awareness of an SG101 review (and the reviews were objective), you'd get more stuff.

There should still be a section for member comments/feedback, but separate from the official SG101 review

Does anyone want a record reviewed that hasn't been yet? It occurred to me you all know a lot more music than I do, so I'm open to suggestions.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012 09:21:00

Bump! Anyone?

I'll do a 1 word review of "into the blue sparkle". Big Grin

Seriously though, I may have time to do a review or two in between practice and odd jobs. after a couple of reviews, I may even find time for school.

IMO.

Altar wrote:

I'll do a 1 word review of "into the blue sparkle". Big Grin

Seriously though, I may have time to do a review or two in between practice and odd jobs. after a couple of reviews, I may even find time for school.

Seriously, how's all that coming?

Slow and backwards. I played multiple vintage offsets today (First time ever playing a vintage jag or jazzy), and now I want one. but $3000+... I'll have to settle for a reissue or mustang. sigh

BTW, one was '66 and MINT! Not a scratch! Tags and all.... It was disappointing though. When I played it it felt dead and lifeless. Perhaps jaguars are more appealing broken in. They also had a beat up LPB jag with a matching headstock. That was fun to play.

EDIT: Yeah, I've been low on work. I'm working on a deal to start playing guitar for a cute girl with a good voice, money there.

IMO.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013 19:08:08

Goto Page: Previous 1 2