Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Music Reviews »

Permalink Bevel Emboss - Celluloid

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

Gig ? Yeah !
Surfguitar101 announcements

Great news:

Bevel Emboss with 2 tracks on NPR today
We are greatly honoured to be heard by such a large audience

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=3&prgDate=8-23-2013

In an odd coincidence of events, I'm compelled to bump this post.

First and most importantly, I was listening to Celluloid this past week and did some digging to see what these guys are up to. Sounds like they are writing & recording new material for a follow up album this year. Woot! Woot!

The odd coincidence, today is the Super Bowl. And if the Seahawks or the Patriots aren't your bag, there's always the commercials (we're due for a strong year... last few haven't had a Terry Tate punch that I can recall), and of course The Halftime Show. The big news about this years halftime show was when word leaked that the NFL was soliciting performers to pay to play. Apparently it back fired and the NFL retreated the notion, so Katy Perry is neither paying nor being paid as Forbes is reporting it.

Any how, what the hell does Katy Perry's halftime show have to do with Bevel Emboss? Well, I was reminded when revisiting the album this week that there is a really catchy melody on the albums closer - In The Mirror. A while back, I figured out that it sounded familiar... you guessed it, a Katy Perry song. If you have Celluloid, check it out - track 15, otherwise you'll have to go to Spotify or the like to hear the full song. After you do, give this a listen. Wink

Katy inspiration or not, Celluloid stands up as a great album 2+ years later. Great songs, great playing, great recording. I'm really looking forward to hearing the follow up! And for anyone who missed this thread and band first time around, check out their debut release - you won't regret it. Thumbs Up

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

I was just listening to this again after a long break. It was just as good as I remembered.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

According to their facebook feed, looks like another one coming out in 2015. SO excited to hear that

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3