Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Frankie & The Pool Boys Hype Machine

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

Ferenc, that's an insane schedule for the past weekend. INSANE! Especially for Naotaka. That guy must be some kind of a superman. Wow. I suspect you're all still dazed from this past weekend. Here's hoping you recover soon.

Sounds like a truly phenomenal show! Very happy to hear it was a success. And wow, look at Frankie's setlist! So many amazing songs! I love, LOVE that they're covering Phantom Frank's Dead Man Surfin', an incredible track and definitely worthy of covering - and I love it in general when modern surf bands cover other modern surf bands.

Europe is definitely in for a big treat this summer!

DannySnyder wrote:

With Tony and I in the Deadbeats, and they filling in for our bands, we've completed the circle of East Bay surf bands - We're all one now! haha!

Smile That's exactly what I was thinking - six people, four bands! Smile

(Danny, very cool you played through the Quilter amp - there's a full-page ad on the back of the new Guitar Player magazine for it. Here's hoping for good things for Quilter amps!)

Really looking forward to seeing the promo videos shot before the show, too.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Some of my photos from this great show (naturally, my camera was in my pocket whilst BroDaddy was playing. we have videos coming of both bands I believe):

F&PB w/BroDaddy

bIG wAvE Dave Becker

First video from the Forbidden Island shoot, a new one: "Skinny Dippin'", it'll be on the next album. the is the very first time we played it live!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

That's a great fun song. I'm really happy F&TPB are continuing out of the experimental side project stage and into a fully formed band. I can't wait to hear what you cook up for the next album.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Woot! Woot! Enjoyed that new song/ video quite a bit. Brian nailed it - such a Fun little ditty! The lead / melody so so expressive - almost lyrical. Really catchy. +1 in the cant't wait for more camp!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

It IS a fun listen, and everyone is clearly having fun performing it. May we have some more, please?

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Thanks for digging the new song!
We are working on the CD as much as time allows, which is mostly weekends. I wish we had more time.
If you want to follow the progress of the recording, check my Google doc.

Thanks,
ferenc

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Really cool insights to the work in progress. Thanks for that, Ferenc!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

and here I thought it was a cover of the Halibuts song,
silly me.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I believe that the Halibuts song is called "Skinny Dip".

Lots of recording coming up this week, I'll keep yo informed of our progress. thanks

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

from an email I got about Frankie and the Pool Boys

Yes, you read that correctly, three Bay Area surf bands will be touring Italy this summer. The first stop will be The Surfer Joe Festival in Livorno Italy. Pollo del Mar played the festival a few years ago and it is a beautiful place for a long weekend of music. After the festival the bands will tour Italy for another 2 weeks. If you're travelling to Europe this summer, make plans to catch the festival or see us at a club date.
Bay Area shows for the Summer, mark your calendars!

August 4 - in Stinson Beach- The TomorrowMen, Brodaddy and Agency EL84

August 5 - The Third Annual International Surfin' Smorgasboard at Forbidden Island in Alameda with El Rey (Denmark), Los Venturas (Belgium) and Frankie & The Pool Boys + awesome eats and tiki drinks!

August 8 - The MADEIRA return! @ The Elbo Room in S.F. (This will be the LOUD show)
August 9 - The MADEIRA play a not so loud show at The Forbidden Island

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

After our Italy tour, Lorenzo will be coming to the USA for SG101Con, and we have one show planned with him on drums.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

I'm really gonna try to get up there for that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

We need more more more!!!! More Frankie's shows in California come on!!!
And don't forget this: we are very excited over here...

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

PotD inspired Bump! (even if it doesn't look like the next album will have a follow up to Magyara)

Any projections for a release date?

PolloGuitar wrote:

We are working on the CD as much as time allows, which is mostly weekends. I wish we had more time.

Thanks,
ferenc

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Onslow_Beach wrote:

PotD inspired Bump! (even if it doesn't look like the next album will have a follow up to Magyara)

Any projections for a release date?

PolloGuitar wrote:

Fady, thanks for asking. The first mix sessions are set for early January. 3 songs are ready for mix, 5 songs just need a minor touch up, and the rest are in various states of completeness. One song continues to dog me, but I have high hopes. If you want to follow the progress, the Google doc listed above is up to date, and the Facebook page (link in my sig below) has lots of pics of the recording session. I would like to have the whole thing mixed by the end of February, and hopefully have it released in April.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Here's a brief update about the new Frankie and the Pool Boys CD–
Progress continues! 7 songs are finished, the other 7 are in various states of disrepair, but coming along nicely. 2 songs have been mixed, and more mix days are planned for February. My goal was to have it completely mixed by the end of February, but it doesn't look like that will happen, so I'm gonna say drop dead mid-April it'll be mixed, and you can look forward to a-just-in-time-for-Summer release at the end of May.
In addition to the usual Pool Boys (Danny, Karen, Tony, Dusty) we'll have lots of great guest artists on this album, too many to mention all of them, but you'll recognize some SG101 regulars- Jonpaul Balak, Jon Ziegler, David Arnson. And this guy stopped by for some percussion:
Yeah, that's SPSkins with the froggy maracas!
Stay tuned!
Lot's more pics over at the FB Pool Boys fan page.

My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Pollo Del Mar on FB

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013 23:17:18

Looking great Ferenc! Brian and I were discussing how much we are looking forward to this album a few weeks back.

One concern... we all know Ted is a great drummer, but is he really the right choice to play froggy maracas? You are a well respected musician, surely you could have gotten a professional.

Ribbit

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next