Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
330 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
257 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
257 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
177 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
156 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
124 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
118 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
79 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
12 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
12 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Music Reviews »

Permalink The Eliminators New CD Has Arrived

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

The new cd by The Eliminators has arrived. 10 years in the making!
Yesterday at the HB Pier they performed most of the songs from the new CD. It is a monster!

I love that cover! It reminds me of a Robert Johnson LP from the (my) dim past I think.

Now I need to figure how to get the CD!

How cool is that to see John Blair on the recording.
Have you listened to it yet? review please!
thanks for posting the covers

hlieboff59
How cool is that to see John Blair on the recording.
Have you listened to it yet? review please!
thanks for posting the covers

I have been fortunate to have a copy of the master for the last several months. I think it is their best work to date. I'll leave the formal reviews to the word smiths here. Personally, I absolutely love it. The band is very pleased with the result. It's funny, as seasoned as they are, the band was actually nervous about playing the CD live in front of a large crowd yesterday. They nailed it with their performance. The crowed loved it and demanded an encore. The band obliged and closed out the show with an earlier earlier original, "Cross Steppin'."

Oh, if you look at the song credits you will see that almost all the band members contributed original songs and the CD also features an original song by SG101's own SoniChris.

I got a copy of this at the pier yesterday.
been trying to decompress from the last week and a half of shows.
will try to give it listen and review soon.
but it may be after this weekends tiki oasis.

Jeff(btd)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I really like the artwork - that cover picture is fantastic. I can't wait to hear the whole disc.

I'm honored to have The Eliminators think my song is worthy of recording and playing. Awesome.

HBK, the check is in the mail....

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

The Eliminators are working to have the new CD, "Room to Move," available on CDBaby and iTunes shortly. Once that's done, I'm sure it'll be announced here. We're also working on getting an ordering link up on the band's website, www.theeliminators.com.

CD release party is also being planned. After nearly two years of recording, mixing, and mastering, we're about ready to p-a-r-t-y.

John

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Sonichris
I really like the artwork - that cover picture is fantastic. I can't wait to hear the whole disc.

I'm honored to have The Eliminators think my song is worthy of recording and playing. Awesome.

Only two covers on the CD. One by Link Wray, the other by you. Pretty good company I'd say. "One Gun" has been very well received by the live audiences. Once Gun, Snake Eyes, Pool Party and Sonic Blue are my favorites from the CD. everything else is great too. John Blair's lead guitar work on One Gun is just superb. Sonic Blue features the guitar work of Joe Kurkowski, possibly his best guitar performance ever. He absolutely goes off. It is such a departure from the bands other material. It REALLY rocks..

WOW what a KILLER cover! Diggin' the artwork immensely

Where can one purchase the CD on-line?

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

HBkahuna

Sonichris

Only two covers on the CD. One by Link Wray, the other by you. Pretty good company I'd say. "One Gun" has been very well received by the live audiences. Once Gun, Snake Eyes, Pool Party and Sonic Blue are my favorites from the CD. everything else is great too. John Blair's lead guitar work on One Gun is just superb. Sonic Blue features the guitar work of Joe Kurkowski, possibly his best guitar performance ever. He absolutely goes off. It is such a departure from the bands other material. It REALLY rocks..

Did I mention that I'm absolutely blown away that John Blair is playing lead guitar on my little ole song? How friggin' sweet is that?

I should also mention that during my last trip to HB CA, right after eating hamburgers with the man, John Blair told me how much he liked my song? Pretty Damn Cool!

Seriously - I've heard a bunch of these new tunes played live, and this disc should be a real killer.

I should also mention that during my last trip to HB CA, right after eating hamburgers with the man, John Blair told me how much he liked my song? Pretty Damn Cool!

Maybe it was the burgers? Seriously, "One Gun Is All You Need" is a well-crafted guitar instro. It's one of those tunes I wish I'd written. When we first decided to record it, I told the band that I wanted to take the lead. It's fun to play. Besides, my 2nd favorite key for surf instros besides Am is F#m. Thanks for letting us record it!

You did good. So there.

john

BTW, what's the title of the movie with the line of dialog that inspired the title to your tune?

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

can't wait to get my hands on this one.

www.surfintheeye.com

BTW, what's the title of the movie with the line of dialog that inspired the title to your tune?

The title comes from my favorite western of all time, "Shane" starring Alan Ladd. The whole quote is something like "some men use two guns, but one is all you need, if you know how to use it." An absolute classic!

Plus....there's an Australian shepherd on the CD, you can't beat THAT! (Chico says so).
Yeah, I'm taking pre-books right now on this so I can see how many I have to order! Can't wait. Leave it to the Elims to produce a very sellable CD cover and back package. They really know how to market to the surf crowd....makes my job so much easier Cool

I really like the new cd too.

Is that a misprint "Balsa Chica" song title on the cd ?
The beach north of Dog Beach is "Bolsa Chica" .
Bolsa mean purse,pocket. Chica = little .
Balsa in spanish = raft, float, ferry.

Dave_leDude

I assume bolsa in Bolsa Chica means "cove" or "lagoon" or something like that. There's a lagoon right there. Marine terminology usually has a lot of metaphorical forms.

Dave_leDude

Chica = girl, poco = little.

I would imagine that 'balsa' is a pun on the wood used for an old-style surfboard....

I would imagine that 'balsa' is a pun on the wood used for an old-style surfboard....

Bingo! Dave got it. It's not a typo or a misprint at all.

John

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Kinda thought it was intentional, not sure.
Didn't know surfboards were referred to as balsas.

I guess this makes InsertSurfer Dave our expert pun pundit ( pun master ).

Goto Page: 1 2 Next