PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
180 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
158 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
127 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
120 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
81 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
14 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
14 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
9 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Cutout on bottom of tank???

Page 1 of 1

Hi guys - A few months ago, I had the pleasure of using a friends Victoria Reverberato. I noticed one VERY useful feature:

It has a cutout that allows the tank to sit securely on another Fender amp. The handle of the amp fits into the recessed/cut portion of the tank's bottom.

I often find myself in a position where I have to reduce my gear's "footprint" as much as possible. Now, I know alot of folks are really picky about where they set their tank, but what about when space is at a premiuim?

Any obvious reasons not to put my tank on my amp? (Other than the fact that I can't kick that high....can you say chiropractor?)

Has anyone modified their tank in this way?

Thanks.

Josh
www.whollycatsband.com

I'd be very wary of placing my tank on top of my amp. The vibrations may induce unwanted noise and crashes.

It does sound like a neat feature in theory though. Maybe if you didn't play too loud it would work.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Rather than modifying your reverb tank, how about just cutting a piece of styrofoam to fit between the amp and the tank? Cut a hole in it to clear the handle. It should help damp any unintentional crashes too.

The styro route would be much better.... Stacking looks cool, but vibrations from the amp can definately cause a tank to "ring"...... A foam donut between amp and tank could be a space saving solution, but I've always found a spot on the floor for my tank, even on the tightest stage.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I've set the tank on my amp with no issues, other than being slightly annoyed that it wouldn't sit straight. This is more of an issue with a 2 year-old at home than it is on gigs.

If vibrations from a speaker/amp were a problem, wouldn't reverb pans that are mounted inside a speaker cabinet/amp be experiencing excessive vibrations?

It seems to me that the floor moving under the pan, whether the pan is in a tank on the floor, in an amp on the floor, or in a tank on an amp, would be more of a threat than the actual vibration of the amp....wouldn't it?

I think I'll take your advice and make a small...um...something, to go between the amp and tank. I agree that styrofoam would serve as somewhat of a shock absorber for any vibrations that may occur, but it looks pretty bad and makes a mess as it breaks apart.

Maybe a piece of 1/2" plywood large enough to support the tank eveny, with a hole that accomodates the amp handle. It's likely I have something in the scrap bin that'll do the trick.

Now I have to figure out how to finish it...tolex, maybe? Leopard skin?

Thanks, everyone.

Josh

Josh, at least attach some rubber feet on the bottom of the plywood to act as a dampener.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

I don't like it on top of my amp in case I yank it off.

JakeDobner
I don't like it on top of my amp in case I yank it off.

That would make a cool sounding crash!

You gotta put the box on the floor, how else are you gonna kick it?

Great idea on the rubber feet, Danny! Thanks you for mentioning that. I'm thinking some of those adhesive feet for furniture will be fine.

Maybe I can start a new trend of head-butting the tank?!?

Try to find some rubber feet that are taller than the handle on your amp, and attach them directly to the reverb tank. No extra pieces to carry around.

Holy shit, you're a genius, Dane! Now why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, cause I'm an idiot.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 09, 2006 20:26:34

DaneBrammage_
Try to find some rubber feet that are taller than the handle on your amp, and attach them directly to the reverb tank. No extra pieces to carry around.

like standard Fender amp feet (the rubber with metal over it). They're on piggyback amps, which are set over the handle of the speaker cab. Idea

you could get 'em from ampwares, but there's sellers on ebay that stock stuff like that too. Ive had great exprience with 'warpdrivemusic' for Fender hardware, but it could be that that's just because they send overseas.

I hear you about the kids, I have a 1 and a 3 year old, they smashed two spannish accoustics and a uke so far. I'm worried about the piano Confused they also killed one of our goldfish. I keep the good stuff in off-limits areas only.

WR

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Page 1 of 1