PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
180 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
158 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
126 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
120 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
81 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
14 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
14 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
6 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink where did you get that cool white jaguar??

Page 1 of 1

Smile i see mom surfing has a cool white jag. is it one of the new ones or one of the vintage models? in spite of knocking jags the other day i may start hunting for one. how is the string tension on them--are the strings easy to pull because of the shorter scale? is the tremolo any good at all? since going back to surf i'm thinking about something to augment my strat--a little variety there! Cool

surfdaddy
Smile i see mom surfing has a cool white jag. is it one of the new ones or one of the vintage models? in spite of knocking jags the other day i may start hunting for one. how is the string tension on them--are the strings easy to pull because of the shorter scale? is the tremolo any good at all? since going back to surf i'm thinking about something to augment my strat--a little variety there! Cool

it's a AVRI. i searched everywhere for a white one and since i couldn't find one i had to order it. it came with 10's on it but i had it set up with 11's before taking it home. i have no complaints ( i love this guitar) but would suggest testing one before buying. i also have a jazzmaster that i really like. it's got great tone but i prefer playing the jag over it because of the way the neck feels in my hands.

when i win the lottery Shocked i'm going to get a custom shop jazzmaster Laughing (pink sparkle with a white mother of pearl pickguard Cool )

www.surfintheeye.com

I have the American Vintage Reissue Jazzmaster. No way you can go wrong with either. I think that is very good advice going with what feels best to you. The tone is just awesome. It's a shame mine is in the hands of such a butcher. Here are some pics of mine from another thread. I think you will like which ever you chose. Buy American! http://www.surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=768&start=0

i wanted to add that the neck on my jazzmaster (ventures model) is a different neck than what comes on most jazzmasters. it's fatter. i like the necks on other jazzmasters i've played better. carol

www.surfintheeye.com

Laughing cool--i love white axes and the tortiseshell pickguard really makes the white stand out. will look around and see what i can find. i think it's a 24" scale? gibson scales are 24 3/4" and i don't like the fat necks that they use and the frets seem to be too close together for my old fingers. will definitely try one out first--but it would be a cool 2nd guitar!!! may still check out a jazzmaster too, but in the meantime i got my strat.. thanks, surfdaddy(jeff) Cool surf on sisters and brothers Exclamation Exclamation

surfdaddy
Laughing cool--i love white axes and the tortiseshell pickguard really makes the white stand out.

surfdaddy(jeff) Cool surf on sisters and brothers Exclamation Exclamation

Yeah... that's the color of my new Sweptwing, which is en route to my house as we speak.

~B~

Smile i see we have a similiar sense of humor and similiar mania for white guitars!! good taste dude!!

white RI Jags are not too hard to come by. WHite looks awesome as does surf green with a mint green pick gaurd. I thin sunburst suits JM's and Strats better for whatever reason. Jags have to be white or a color imo.

Here's my white Jaguar. She's startin to go a little yellow.

"as he stepped into the stealthy night air... little did he know the fire escape was not there"

https://www.facebook.com/reluctantaquanauts/
https://www.facebook.com/TheDragstripVipers/

Shouldn't this thread be in the Gear section?

Hmmm

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

Page 1 of 1